• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you vaccinated yet?

• Yes, I am fully vaccinated

Votes: 3,557 52.3%
  • Yes, but I'm waiting on a second shot

Votes: 1,485 21.8%
  • No, but I will be soon

Votes: 286 4.2%
  • No, but I will be in a few months

Votes: 406 6.0%
  • I have no clue when I'm getting mine

Votes: 1,063 15.6%

• Total voters

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I got my first dose of Pfizer 5 days ago. Initially, I just had a sore arm. Two days after getting it I woke up feeling very queasy and like I was on the verge of getting the flu. That lasted for a day and then I was fine the following day. Yesterday and today I've woken up feeling near exhausted. I'm hoping this bad reaction to the first dose means the second dose won't affect me much. Its going to be ROUGH if the second dose hits me hard than this one has.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I got my first dose of Pfizer 5 days ago. Initially, I just had a sore arm. Two days after getting it I woke up feeling very queasy and like I was on the verge of getting the flu. That lasted for a day and then I was fine the following day. Yesterday and today I've woken up feeling near exhausted. I'm hoping this bad reaction to the first dose means the second dose won't affect me much. Its going to be ROUGH if the second dose hits me hard than this one has.

I think word is that the Pfizer is worse second time around but the Moderna/AZ is not as bad.

Holyoneturtle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just got my first shot. Because I work for a university I was allowed to get the vaccine. 2nd shot is about 3 weeks from now.

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
Just got done a few hours ago, too. I didn't even feel it go in, so I was concerned for the first hour that the guy didn't give it to me correctly, haha. I feel a tiny bit of tightness in the arm, but that's pretty much all. They were only administering Pfizer at my site. My wife got hers on Monday and her arm is still a bit sore but she's fine.

I had the same experience. Before it ended up whooping my ass I wondered if I got the shot correctly because I felt nothing for awhile. Then the side effects started and I knew.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Astra two hours ago. Being a teacher, I feel relieved. Had no issues at all but will probably get some headaches and more in 6 hours according to nearly everyone. Whoop whoop!

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
Just got my first Pfizer dose a couple of hours ago, 2nd on the 7th. Just a little bit of soreness so far. It was a pretty wild experience as Dallas is doing a drive through for the shots. You drive in on site, they scan a QR code that you get from the scheduling and mark your windshield with some info, drive to another area where they give you your card and some basic information about the shot they're giving, drive to a tent where they give you a shot and mark the time on your windshield, then finally you drive to a waiting area where they keep you for 15 minutes to make sure there's no adverse reaction, then you drive out.

I got mine from the Market Center operation UTSW has going on there. They are super efficient.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
So it's been close to 24hrs since I got my second shot (Pfizer).

Arm was a bit sore after receiving the shot, and I had a slight metallic taste, which went away after a couple of hours.

As it got closer to night, the aching started to get a bit worse and it was more in my back by my shoulder blades.

I didn't get much sleep, which is going to make work super fun, but I feel fine right now.

So glad to have gotten these.

Oct 28, 2017
Bristol, UK
Got AZ yesterday and have ended up taking today off work. Nothing debilitating but just feels like a particularly mean hangover, nasty headache and lots of aches. But could be much worse, and very relieved to have got the shot.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first one this week and second one is coming early next month. Do we know how soon after the second shot is administrated (Pfizer) the vaccine is considered the most effective ?

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando

a glitch

Dec 12, 2018
I had my first AZ one last Saturday, and had a bit of a rough time with side-effects (mainly aches and tiredness). I've also felt an increased desire to play DOTA since getting it, which is slightly concerning.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

We're still kind of learning as we go, and there are no hard and fast rules to this yet, but from what you describe, there's a pretty solid chance that you've been exposed to COVID in the past and your immune system already had antibodies ready to go. That can result in having an immune response (i.e.- symptoms) to the first dose. The good news is that, if that is indeed the case, your 2nd shot should be much easier on you.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
We're still kind of learning as we go, and there are no hard and fast rules to this yet, but from what you describe, there's a pretty solid chance that you've been exposed to COVID in the past and your immune system already had antibodies ready to go. That can result in having an immune response (i.e.- symptoms) to the first dose. The good news is that, if that is indeed the case, your 2nd shot should be much easier on you.

Interesting. We've really stayed locked down and home over the past year, but I've always accepted there's a real chance that I've already had it and didn't know it.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got my 1st Pfizer dose this morning at one of the health departments.They said they had been doing 1,000 doses a day to the public, but started to up it to 3,000 starting today. It was tons of people, but it was very organized.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really curious to how there are so many different side effects. Some people are knocked out and some people just have a sore arm. I wonder if it has anything to do with having had covid in the past or not.

looking forward to my second shot next weekend.

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
EB9-D88-F1-352-E-429-D-8835-F1-E791-E43-C47.jpg

One down, one to go.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
Finally got my second Moderna dose a couple days ago (essential worker). The side effects were definitely worse -- same sore arm and fatigue, followed about six hours later by chills, fever, and general malaise. Hit its peak about 12 hours after, but was mostly gone within 24, and I feel fine now. Still have to wait a week or two for full protection, though.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom

This is me too. I've been feeling symptoms on and off the whole week. Ive been feeling exhausted at times and have been getting random muscle aches.

I had to look it up because I heard somewhere side effects last only two days and then it scared me thinking I got the 'Rona after my vaccine.

Anecdotal, but my dad also had Pfizer and he said he felt worse on his first dose and was totally fine on his second dose.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday. My arm/back/neck are sore as hell, otherwise, I'm feeling great! :)

Oct 26, 2017
California
Is there a preferred one to get these days? I think my wife got Pfizer, and she was completely fine after the first one besides a sore arm. Second dose coming in about a week and a half for her. Should I look for a specific one over one of the others?

Last edited:

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a preferred one to get these days? I think my wife got Pfizer, and she was completely fine after the first one besides a sore arm. Should I look for a specific one over one of the others?
Pfizer and Moderna are both "preferred as I've seen, but J&J is still a very good one to get that we just don't have as much data on yet.

I think Moderna is slightly more effective overall. But I saw this a month of so ago. Maybe the data has shifted.

Getting the Moderna on Saturday.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
24 hours since my second Pfizer shot.

Sore arm only if I touch it and slight fatigue, but that's it.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
My state just pulled in the eligibility dates, which will make me eligible on April 19. I've signed up with the state registry so I'll be called eventually for an appointment at the county's mass vaccination site (likely sometime in May), but I'll start spamming local pharmacy websites once I'm eligible to see if I can get something scheduled sooner.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pfizer part 1 this morning!

So, what is the latest word on how effective they think this one is with the newer known variants as far as both infections and severe cases?

Type422

Nov 28, 2017
Fully vaccinated with Biontech since mid-February. The second dose "knocked me out" a little bit. Needed two days to start working again xD

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
LOL this side effects talk is like Russian roulette. I keep waiting for something to happen.... (approximately 18 hours since first shot)

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Changed vote from "I have no idea" to "I will be getting mine soon."

My wife got her first shot early this week, because she works for a company that provides software to hospitals. (Including a program aimed specifically at Covid testing.) So the local hospital worked with her company to get the employees vaccinated. She felt really awful, like she had a bad cold or the flu, for the first day after, and she's fine now.

I signed up to be notified for when I am eligible a few days ago, and the very next day I got an email to schedule my first shot. I'm not really sure why I'm eligible now. (I did tell them that I am obese and have high blood pressure which are considered high-risk factors, so maybe that's it?) I get my first shot a week from Tuesday.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Last night I was just able to book my first dose for next week.
Very relieved tbh, my wife (who already had hers) was freaking out that I'd get Covid right before being able to get the vaccine.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my first shot of Pfizer. Glad to finally get on track back to (relative) normalcy.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I don't understand how the fuck people are getting it. I've been eligible for a week and a half and this whole thing is a shitshow (AZ). Half the vaccination sites are still not including my group (essential workers) while the other half are outright broken. The state and county sites don't let you filter by any eligibility factor other than age group. Albertsons lets frontline workers apply, but its search tool is broken, so even though it says you can search a 50 mile radius it will only give you locations within 5 miles, which means you have to manually search through each individual location and start the application process before seeing if they have dates, and as far as I can tell the only location I can sign up for is a 100 mile roundtrip, which can't be right, but none of the other store's forms let me through. Walgreens straight up says "lol no, nothing" every time. Fry's says I'm eligible, but then goes to a questionnaire with an occupation section that's only choices are 4 flavors of "teacher" and "other", "other" being an auto-denial. The state health form keeps saying there's dates, but then doesn't let you choose them. CVS says I'm not eligible. Everywhere else is still only allowing Phase 1A. I signed up for alerts from the county, and keep getting alerts for 55+, or "Phoenix city residents only", or other groups that don't include me.

Edit: Well shit. The state health site is FINALLY giving me options for the next couple days, but despite filling in my eligibility, the result it's giving me is explicitly titled "55+" and it's like an hour away and only on my work days. Do I sign up anyway, take off work early, and potentially waste two hours, a bunch of gas, and a couple hours of pay to immediately get sent back home? This shouldn't be so hard.

Last edited:

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I don't understand how the fuck people are getting it. I've been eligible for a week and a half and this whole thing is a shitshow (AZ). Half the vaccination sites are still not including my group (essential workers) while the other half are outright broken. The state and county sites don't let you filter by any eligibility factor other than age group. Albertsons lets frontline workers apply, but its search tool is broken, so even though it says you can search a 50 mile radius it will only give you locations within 5 miles, which means you have to manually search through each individual location and start the application process before seeing if they have dates, and as far as I can tell the only location I can sign up for is a 100 mile roundtrip, which can't be right, but none of the other store's forms let me through. Walgreens straight up says "lol no, nothing" every time. Fry's says I'm eligible, but then goes to a questionnaire with an occupation section that's only choices are 4 flavors of "teacher" and "other", "other" being an auto-denial. The state health form keeps saying there's dates, but then doesn't let you choose them. CVS says I'm not eligible. Everywhere else is still only allowing Phase 1A. I signed up for alerts from the county, and keep getting alerts for 55+, or "Phoenix city residents only", or other groups that don't include me.

The wife and I got ours because we live in low income housing.

We got a letter from our county's housing authority informing us that all the residents in our complex were eligible for the vaccine.

Totally took us by surprise and we got scheduled as quickly as possible.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
I live in Central CA, work in agriculture. We were heading back to our office earlier and drove past a relatively empty parking lot where the vaccine was being distributed. Turned back and went in. The whole process was about 45 minutes, they were giving the Johnson and Johnson vaccine today so we don't have to find a time to go back. My only concern is the 10k my fiancee wants me to run with her tomorrow, we'll see how I feel I guess.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Had my first Astrazeneca dose last Saturday, felt rough that night but felt 100% again by Monday. Feels good to be part of this effort to save lives and get back to normal. Over 50% of 18+ now vaccinated with their first dose in the UK.