• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Istagram is probably my favorite social media platform. I know it has issues, but mine is pretty well curated. However, since the lockdowns I'm using it less and less. I'm not commuting (usually by subway) so those moments of waiting are you filled with browsing their service.

I'm also more focused on saving money since we're still in a very economic precarious times, so seeing pictures of vacation destination, nice interiors, art, two wheeled things, and don't really motivate right now. Most of my IRL friends have moved to it as Facebook has been a ghost town for the past 4 years since IG took over the mainstream. But I prefer good ole text messaging and group chat for that.

I am using Twitter way more though, mostly for the political stuff, especially the more conservative hot takes, which bring me a lot of mirth lol.

But I do wonder if I'm alone here. Instagram can be very aspirational. I remember during a fat loss period in my life a few years I followed a lot of fitness people for motivation. Same with travel destinations.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Facebook Groups and Marketplaces are pretty good. That's really the only thing I use FB for anymore. I've gotten used electronics -- cameras -- on FB Marketplace at great prices.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't started using it less since the lockdown, but since they started putting "suggested posts" on your feed after you see everything new from the people you're following

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Nope, still use it to post to my story, share memes with friends, and watch Verzuz battles. Haven't made a ton of posts though.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I am. Instagram was my social media release even if it's just me posting pictures of my dogs in my house PTR quarantine. My "brand" Instagram has fallen by the wayside. I've done two posts since June and there's no excuse. I've just completely lost any semblance of a production schedule since April and I hate it. The depression isn't helping either.

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely posting less up until recently (no more restaurant food pictures) but I've started back a lot more since I got kittens!

Still probably log on and look at other people's posts the same amount

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i've completely dropped fb, ig just for posting pix occasionally though i never actually browse it myself... so much of my time on social, other than era, is spent on twitter

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I deactivated mine this year. So far it seems like I'm still keeping up with the people I want to, and I don't miss the larger accounts I followed much either. I feel like stepping away from social media has only been a good thing for me. I keep it to group chats or discord now.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I almost never used it before, and now I legit go weeks without opening it.

I like that. IG made me feel some major FOMO in my life.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I am the food picture guy. Love taking photos of food haha. We've been going once a week to places to eat and I do get to share every once and then. Recently I am sharing picture if my new pup

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Stopped using it after I stopped using Facebook. I go there every once in a while, but just haven't been interested enough to browse it longer than a few minutes if at all.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
In the wake of the George Floyd and Breonna Taylor murders and the resulting protests, I've been avoiding it.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Since march I went from 80 to 2500 followers cause I started to use it for some photography instead of some random food pictures or selfie every now and then. So yeah, I use it more than ever and it has kept me sane during everything this year.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hum i guess but i wasn't really using it all that much before. I posted one picture and it was a nice picture and that was about it. A friend of mine is posting more selfies but i don't think it's because of the pandemic, she just likes that stuff more nowadays.

I still don't follow a lot of people and i silence a lot of them so for me it's still a very pleasant feed. Although i HATE how they only show new things and hide old stuff, because i was the kind of user who would look at things and then coem back later to look again and like thing, but now i just forget to like stuff and i never look at old pictures.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Insta is just to post art and fish for commissions! The pandemic is irrelevant for my use!

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
The same amount I guess. Part of my job now is to make ballet content and post it online since we can't do anything else right now.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Browse and post about the same, about once every two months haha.

Nov 8, 2017
I've never used Instagram, but I did delete my ~10 year old Facebook account a couple months ago. Not really related to the lockdown though; just Facebook becoming increasingly shitty.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I only used it for travel or family events, both of which have cratered so yeah.

Now that I'm not using it as much, the "we don't want to be a photo sharing app anymore" nonsense is less bearable. I'd like to switch but I don't know of any solid alternatives.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I started using it less when I realized I have comparison anxiety. I've curated my feed to mostly just artists that inspire me, but honestly I never use it.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Been using it just as if not more often as it's a place where I post new recipes for people to try that I've made.

Nice hobby if nothing else through COVID.

Oct 27, 2017
Using it just as much and preparing to use it more as I'm kinda reevaluating the need for Facebook in my life. Company/corporate shenanigans asides, I'm finding most of social media difficult to stomach and recently took a week off. Long story short: I pulled FB from my phone and finding myself browsing IG more. Tends to be less stressful.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I never posted on IG much anyway, but I notice my feed has slowed to a snails pace. If I see one or two new posts a day now, that's usually about it. I'm not sure how much that is due to COVID versus maybe the app just losing it's novelty.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of posting once every 6+ months, now I post around once a month. Gotta show my 3 followers what I've been doing in the kitchen. So my participation is up but I'm scrolling through my feed about as often as I always did. I gotta say ig ads are the most tempting of any platform I've ever used.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, I use it more. Great way to share pics and keep in touch with friends around the world. The plant community on IG is amazing and helpful.