• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Team are you?

• Team Godzilla

Votes: 1,064 74.4%
  • Team Kong

Votes: 366 25.6%

• Total voters

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like I should like Kong more because he is related to homo sapien more closely, but Godzilla just is cooler

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I saw a King Kong movie way earlier than the Godzilla's ones, and the tragic personal nature of his demise (and reference to Imperialism) cannot be overstated.

But the fact that Zilla has both played the role of protector and bane of the World for its technological advancement hubris, is such an appealing idea, that I have to vote for the one that never skipped Leg day (plus you know, being impervious to bullets, and throwing rays of death).

What is a King to do, against a God of nature?

His snout and jaw feels a tad smaller in this movie, than I seem to remember, though.
I still want a full-on horror/disaster focused movie from a titan.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Team Kong easily. His face is so expressive and I have more compassion for him.
qbFeL9C_d.webp
this meme is so good

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone seen the original King Kong before? He's practically the epitome of toxic masculinity: incredibly possessive of "his" woman, hyper-aggressive towards any other creature showing her attention (he mangled and murdered that poor t-rex...), very much appears entitled to the various offerings (all of which are made under duress) from local natives, etc.

Meanwhile, we've got Godzilla, a single parent struggling to raise a child amidst all the bullshit that goes on Monster Island (not to mention the occasional clashing w/ imperialistic alien forces)...

The correct choice couldn't be more obvious.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Just yall wait till KK hits Godzilla with the Shin Shoryuken

That heavy punch in the trailer was just a taste

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Kong is just a giant gorilla.

Godzilla is a baby-headed lizard with atomic breath.

Godzilla all the way.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Team Bullyzilla here
MkstD2m.jpg

Are they going to explain how King Kong is the size of a skyscraper now?
He was a youngster in the 70s. His parents were large and sexually mature, but clearly not physically done growing either. The larger Skullcrawlers killed them off and vice versa. Wouldn't be surprised Kong probably absorbs radiation too to keep growing like the other mammalian Titans.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I'm 85% sure they'll stop fighting and team up before the end. Having said that, Godzilla.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Depends. Could we say that with Kong being in his name that King Kong is an official or even unofficial member of the Nintendo Kongs? If so, then I choose Kong. If not I choose Godzilla.

Nov 7, 2017
I hope Kong rips godzillas face in half. Godzilla is a loser like batman Who keeps fighting off joker but he always comes back to terrorize people.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
Well these are on my desk:
zicpuWPl.jpg

And here is me meeting Godzilla on my trip to Tokyo a few years ago:
ybzWf7Pl.jpg

So yeah Team Godzilla.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how they're going to sell Kong going toe-to-toe with Godzilla, when Kong was having a tough go at it in his own film fighting that super lizard monster. Also, did they shrink Godzilla down? Kong didn't seem to be of a similar height to Godzilla in the film.

Big Dirty

Nov 11, 2018
Big Monke Vs. Large Iguana.

I vote big Monke just cause I like an underdog but he better be wearing that plot armour.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
LET'S GO KING KONG

KING KONG SUCKS

LET'S GO KING KONG

KING KONG SUCKS

LET'S GO KING KONG

No matter who you root for, Kong is in your head.

So Kong wins. FOr my part, I root for the obvious good choice : King Kong.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rooting for everyone ❤ lizer ❤ monke
No matter who loses, I win

Unless someone in the movie says some absolutely dumbass shit like King Gonorrhea or ohmygodzilla again, then we all lose
It's rare that a movie actually makes me openly cuss at it in realtime but that did it

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Always on the 'Zilla.
Grew up watching the black and white reruns that would show on tv. Even had a motorized toy as a kid

source.gif

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Kong: Skull Island grossing more than Godzilla 2014 will influence who the writers favor.