• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Only the ones I really want. I think the last one I copped was the Majora's Mask Young Link.

waiting for banjo still

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I have pretty much all the ones I want unless there's unreleased FE character variants on the horizon that I don't know about

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Wanted to collect some, but the tiny runs that nintendo does means I'm not starting down the rabbit hole... or have they started releasing more of the rarer ones yet?

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Haven't actually pursued any amiibos since 2014. Last one I bought was Ice Climbers when I was in Tokyo. Saw it and thought it would be neat to have. It's hanging up in its box right now.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I only have the Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter ones, and just get the ones that interest me.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nope not anymore.
But if we get a Banjo amiibo I have to buy it!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got a pre-order for the Hero amiibo as we speak.

There's a few others I'd like to grab (Squirtle, Byleth, Little Mac, one of the Warios) but, eh, nothing I'm really jonesing for. I've got about a dozen now and I'm pretty content with that, until they announce new ones.

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I have all if the figures so far so I'll just keep going. They're all basically in storage for now, though.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I've only bought King K Rool, Cloud, Ryu, Lucas and Hero within the past 2 years I think

Ryu and Lucas were both at Five Below so I said why not

And Resetti at GameStop on clearance for cheap

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I only collect amiibos of characters I really, really want. The only ones I have are Ness, Lucas, Shulk, and all three of the Mario Wedding Set(Wedding Mario, Peach, and Bowser). I'm mostly good for now(butiwontturndownayarnyoshiorchibiroboforfreeasagift).

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I collected them for awhile but I haven't bought a new one in quite awhile. I own all the Fire Emblem ones, all the Animal Crossing ones, the Yarn Yoshi ones and a few others. The Yarn Yoshi ones being my favorites. It does feel like Nintendo has scaled back the use of them over the past year or two though. As for value I only have a single one to my knowledge that has any real value, the Corrin (Player 2) amiibo that I bought because it was Fire Emblem related.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
No, but only because I don't have the room to store my unopened collection for the time being.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Samus out of the first set just to have one to mess around with even though I didn't think the implementation was cool. But I also bought a Mega Man one when it came out because I love classic Mega Man.

Edit: oh I forgot my copy of Yoshi on the Wii U came with a yarn Yoshi too.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I have all of them except Qbby amiibo (hit me up if you have one to sell!)

Also have most amiibo cards

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Nope. Not me. Nooooope.

8ddff2b4a28af9b48f358df84b203d773251c1ae.jpg

Okay, maybe.

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
I have a full collection so far (barring anything out of Japan that wasn't available to general retail I'm unaware of), all of them open and displayed around the room. They were fun to hunt down at the time.

Now I keep up because why not, they are infrequent enough it's not a burden and they build/design quality only improved over time.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have all Smash amiibo and a bunch of others that I received as gifts most. I have them in a glass display, but it's a mess, I should see if I can fix that some day.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
I have all the released Smash amiibo and planning to get the complete set. I have Hero and Joker preorder. I also pick up other amiibos that are interesting but wind up skipping a lot of them.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Where did you get those shelves? I love your display!
I got them from a store here in NZ.
We bought another 2 of them because we loved them so much, but one of them fell apart in the process of putting it together
and the store has given us nothing but grief for the last 2 months, and now just ignores our calls and emails :\
Also I don't think theres anyone else that sells them because every collector I know in NZ pretty much uses these shelves haha.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I stopped a couple years ago. The goal was to get all the Smash characters. But after a while life happened. Started dating and realized I wasn't gonna have space to display all my amiibo once I got married. I still have them but the last one I got was last year. Like the Cat Mario/Peach Amiibo's tho. Once we move out of this apartment to a house and I have a proper space to display them then I might get back into it.

I have a few completed collections.

Got 130 total.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I've got all the Smash Bros ones (save for DLC) and regret it haha. Really need to get rid of these sometime.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I only bought some for the new Animal Crossing and they turned out not to do much, so no. Gave them all to my nephews who still play the game a lot. I only kept Isabelle for the shelf in my office.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I have four of them. Link smash series which I opened for BOTW, and sealed Wolf Link, Pac-man and Cloud. I wouldn't mind picking up a few more for shits and giggles but I never had the mindset to collect the whole set. That seemed like too deep a rabbit-hole.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My two shelves full of them say yes. I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on Cat Mario and Cat Peach the other day.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I do if they're of interest to me. The only ones I haven't bothered with have been the Shovel Knight 3-pack and the Fire Emblem ones that came out to coincide with Conquest and Birthright.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've been buying the ones I want, which has been all of the Zelda ones and a few of the Smash ones that represent guest characters. I have a decent amount of amiibo but I don't keep them in the box — have a spot on my mantle that they display on openly. Most recent purchase was Richter. As far as Zelda amiibo go, I'm missing the Legend of Zelda series Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess Links because I don't monitor release dates and have largely been just picking them up on a whim, and I missed all of 4 of the Breath of the Wild "sages" (I forget exactly what they're referred to in-game but they're not the sages this time around).

I kind of want Joker and Hero when they come out, because I like the games they come from. I've already got Joker figma though and when it comes to guest characters, I tend to get the amiibo if I have no other collectibles of the character already.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had a full set as of July 2018 and thankfully unloaded the whole thing at once at a local game store to help with moving costs. I got about $1,400 and didnt have to do any leg work. They apparently sold about 3/4's of them within 24 hours. They were fun to display but holy shit were they a money pit and a pain in the ass to maintain/clean and move.

edit: oh i almost forgot. when i sold them one never made it out of the bin full of bubble wrap somehow. so i technically still have one of the Bayonetta's. not sure which one it is though.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought some Animal Crossing ones at a $5 store that I think are cute. That's about as far as I go.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have the entire Smash line (so far) and I'm not even sure why. I'm beginning to think of the best way to cut the cord and get a return on my investment. I do like the fun of tracking them down but... well, the chase has been going on now for years and I'm tired...

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
When they first came out I wanted to get all of them (when the craze was going strong) but I sort of gave up after a few waves of them being super hard to find. I still enjoy them though and have a good amount. I buy them for characters I enjoy when they release nowadays (have Joker pre-ordered), but I'm not going for them all anymore
Will probably get Banjo and Byleth when they release as well, but that's it for now