• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How well do you remember all the Pokemon?

• I can remember up to Gen 1-2

Votes: 141 39.0%
  • I can remember up to Gen 3-4

Votes: 94 26.0%
  • I can remember up to Gen 5-6

Votes: 42 11.6%
  • I can remember up to Gen 7-8

Votes: 38 10.5%
  • Whats a Pikachu?

Votes: 28 7.7%
  • Lumineon will not be forgotten

Votes: 19 5.2%

• Total voters

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
There are a few from here and there that I forget. Like, there's that one ugly eel Pokemon whose name I can never remember.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I know most Pokemon from gen I but I know less and less every gen after. I think my knowledge pretty much stops cold after gen III.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I wouldn't say I'm at the point of forgetting names yet, but it is starting to take longer to recall some of them.

Oct 27, 2017
I know them all. I may have moments where I forget about some of them but I know them if I see them. Definitely not in order and I forget what gen some are from but I do remember them

I also regularly forget what I did the night before but can still casually break out into the pokerap every time I hear a gen 1 pokemon name so...I have my priorities

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Gen 1-4 I'm fine with. After that it's more of a "I forget it exists, but will recall the name if I see a picture" for the most part. Other than gen 7, which I kinda have no clue about, especially when you get into legendaries.
Is there a quiz where you have to guess all the names from pictures of them?

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I can easily name the Pokémon from Gen 1-3. From Gen 4 I can remember most of them, but some names simply escape me. From Gen 5 and onward I know a lot, but definitely not all of them. For example, there is that fish Pokémon from Gen 5 no one cares about.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I remember almost all of them. Maybe some from the last two gens slip my mind because there are way too many already.

OP
OP
JazzmanZ

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can easily name the Pokémon from Gen 1-3. From Gen 4 I can remember most of them, but some names simply escape me. From Gen 5 and onward I know a lot, but definitely not all of them. For example, there is that fish Pokémon from Gen 5 no one cares about.
I'm sure Basculin would be more remembered if Gamefreak bothered to do anything with it.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
If you show me the Pokemon from generations 1-7, I'll likely remember them all. No real clue about Gen 8 though since I never played Sw/Sh.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Definitely. I just started playing Ultra Moon. It's an amazing experience, it feels like a really new Pokemon game to me. I played a ton of of the first and third generation and a bit of the fourt gen (somehow skipped the second) and then nothing... so it's the first Pokemon game since ages. Embarassing to notice how I forgot so many names, although especially the first gen is quite well in my head. Also: I have to learn the effectiveness again, although, thank god, that is a lot easier now.

CorĂ­u

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
I played obsessively for the first 2 gens and then nothing more, but somehow I'd say I remember about 80% of the names from gen 1 while maybe 15% from gen 2.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly not every Pokemon is even worth remembering, so this isn't even some failing of my own memory as much as it is a sign of having a thousand actually more important things to remember. I can name the first two gens, and then the vast majority of the cool Pokemon that came after, and thats pretty okay to me.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Sometimes I run through those sporcle quizzes as a memory game. I can pretty consistently get all the Pokemon in the first 7 gens. Gen 2 is the hardest, even though it's the gen I remember most fondly and spent the most time with. There are just some really forgettable and terrible Pokemon in that gen.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Gaming related things glued to my memory:

- All 890 Pokémon
- All characters of Fire Emblem games I've played
- Everything in every Civilization (techs, civs, units even cities)

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I remember all the way through Gen 5 quite well. The I start forgetting some Pokémon by names. I don't think it has so much to do with there being so many Pokémon but my vaning interest in the series starting from Gen 6.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I've played every game extensively but can't remember most of the names of any past the first gen. The original of something is always going to stick out in your head the most, especially if you were younger and impressionable at the time.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
It's not generation based for me, really, just got a bad memory! But I'm much better with Gen 1, 2 and 5.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I know every single one up to gen 4. Gen 5 I can occasionally get a blank on some of them, and from gen 6 onwards it's every man for themselves.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Gen 8 is the first time I'm starting to forget some. I'm still pretty alright though.

Martylepiaf

Oct 25, 2017
France
I grew up with Pokémon, Blue was my first video game, in highschool I still played gen 5 a lot and knew every single Pokémon names (in two languages, french and english, for quiet a few). Now I'm just playing the main story in new ones and I'm starting to forget more and more pokémons. I'm getting old.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
We probably would want to slowly introduce younger generations of kids backwards from Gen 8 to Gen 1.... And ask them how they remembered Pokemon?

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
I can remember up to Gen 3-4 pretty well because I played the shit out of the early pokemon games. Have only really given the games after that a quick playthrough and been done. So while I do have a complete living pokedex in Ultra Sun, I don't know the sames of half the Gen 5 plus pokemon.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I can recall almost every Pokemon from gens 1-4 which is when I played the games the most. From 5 and onwards, I can name the starters and some legendaries off the top of my head.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I have a hard time answering the poll, because I played a lot of the games out of order, so my recollections aren't linear.

I definitely remember the original 151, but my ability to recall all the other ones is extremely scattershot.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Show me a pokemon from gen 1 and I can name it, gen 2 I can name, gen 3 I can name.Gen 4 is where it gets tricky, I can probaby name them but I'm not 100% sure. Gen 5 onward lol no.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I've never played most of the games so some I've just never seen before and some I only know from online discourse which causes a different problem: Pokemon names are translated for each country and online people mostly use the English names while the games I play use the German names so I know different names for pokemon depending on where I've heard of them.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not remember, but I'm more familiar with 1-4 gen pokemons than I am with the other gens.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I can pretty much remember every single one of them, although sometimes I will have a scenario where the more recent ones will slip my mind Alola specifically for some reason.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I can probably tell you every one from Gen 1, 2, 3 some of them and from there on it's a few every gen.