• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you satisfied with the PS5 launch line up?

• Yeah, i am fully satisfied

• It is good but there could be more

• No, this lineup won´t get me to buy a PS5 at launch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Providing there are no delays, the launch and first year line up is pretty insane.

Astro's Playroom
Sackboy A Big Adventure
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Demon's souls
Ratchet & Clank
GT7
Horizon Forbidden West
God of War Ragnarok
Plus all the 3rd party games.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, if Demon's Souls wasn't there it would be dire since we're not counting Spider-Man.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
Literally have no desire to play a single thing outside of Spider-Man. Luckily for Sony, Spider-Man is my absolute favorite.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The only exclusive (because spider-man is on PS4) is Demon's Souls (that I never finished on my PS3). That's not enough to tip the scales towards a pre-order. $70 games tips it even further away. The $500 doesn't scare me too much. It's higher than I'd like.

Between the lack of exclusives and $70 games, It's a no from me. The value isn't there.

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Not the best I'm excited only for Spider-Man Miles Morales but since its BC and enhanced BC at that its days one for me!

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Since I've never bought God of War and Day's Gone, this is a massive launch for me. Spidey/Souls plus these crazy good ps4 games I've never played, fucking hell. I'm so in.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Demons Souls is not just a 10 year old game. It's a remake of one of the greatest games ever made.

As much as I loved the original when I imported the game looks extremely dated now.
This upgraded version is literally the only game I need.

Plus there will be other indie games I can try later.

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I just sold my PS4 Pro + 2 controllers this week for 500$ Canadian. Since my PS4 games will work on PS5, i pre-ordered one. But launch lineup could be better but that's ok. Launch games rarely excite me anyway. Needs Ridge Racer...

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
A Souls game and a Spiderman (also a massive LBP fan) game. This is quite easily the best console launch lineup ever, for my taste.

Oct 26, 2017
for sure. And if all of the titles planned actually hit 2021 what an amazing first year. Also everyone has just up and forgot about Godfall.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
The only exclusive (because spider-man is on PS4) is Demon's Souls (that I never finished on my PS3). That's not enough to tip the scales towards a pre-order. $70 games tips it even further away. The $500 doesn't scare me too much. It's higher than I'd like.

Between the lack of exclusives and $70 games, It's a no from me. The value isn't there.
Astro's Playroom and Destruction All-Stars are PS5 exclusives too. Plus Godfall is confirmed for launch and is PS5 and PC only. But yeah I get you, we all value each game differently.

Spidey and Sackboy being cross-gen is annoying but fine for me. I have Demon's Souls for that full next gen graphical glory and Godfall seems to be a looker as well. Spidey PS5 I'm sure will be greatly superior to the PS4 version and will have amazing graphics too.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls alone is amazing. Wish I was as excited about Miles Morales as I was before today's little revelation.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
A Souls game and a Spiderman (also a massive LBP fan) game. This is quite easily the best console launch lineup ever, for my taste.
yup, it's pretty bonkers to me. I know some are really hung up on "why some of these games coming to PS4, your holding back the tech!" But seriously, those genre defining games were not coming in year 1 or 2. If God or War R is ready next year, MM at launch, etc...The teams visions are likely not held back in ANY way. That means their dev time started years ago, ya know, on PS4/PS4P hardware.

This lineup is Nintendo level good.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of great games announced that would get me to buy one... eventually. Once GT7 and/or FFXVI come out I'm in. Demon's Souls was very tempting though, but not enough for me.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
As far as the average console launch goes, it's decent. It should be a great console to buy by the end of 2021, which is arguably more important in the long run.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
All I need is Demon's Souls so that's a resounding yes from me.

This is the first time a console has launched with a game I want to play day 1.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing to really get excited about for me but I'm sure that will come later.

ShimmyShakes

Nov 1, 2017
I'll get Miles Morales and Demons Souls day 1, but that's it. Was kinda hoping for Returnal but nevermind.

If Returnal was in there I'd be totally satisfied.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It seems like a repeat of last gen, only more expensive and less impressive. Everything is cross-gen, which suits me fine.

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
Nah not it I'll wait until next year for more games that interest me. I be okay with just Cyberpunk on the PS4 Pro this fall

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Satisfied that I don't have to buy a PS5 at launch, yeah.

I bought the original Demon's Souls at launch and it's my favorite Souls game still, but just can't justify it. Sackboy and Miles Morales being PS4 games also was what did it for me.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Evolved brains have been saving games for next gen. FF7, GoT, Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs,(AC Valhalla review dependent) are all day 1 games too. I'll also be able to replay LOU2.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Absolutely, Demon's Souls and Miles alone make the PS5 line-up much better than the PS4 one. And I'm also interested in Destruction All-Stars! Between exclusives and multiplatform releases, there will be no shortage of games to play, that's for sure.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
It's ok, I'm stoked for miles morales but not much else. However I'll be playing cyberpunk on PS5 as well as AC so I'll have plenty.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Didn't like Spider-Man, and recently beat Demon's Souls on PS3 and don't feel the need to replay so soon. I'm gonna wait.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
It's a decent launch list but not enough for me to go out and buy the console at launch. I didn't buy a PS4 at launch (I bought it three years after launch), and it looks like the same for PS5.

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
I am only going to pick up Miles Morales and Astro´s Playroom but I think I was kinda smart sold my launch PS4 when I got a 4K TV so I have Last of Us 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima to play as well.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Evolved brains have been saving games for next gen. FF7, GoT, Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs,(AC Valhalla review dependent) are all day 1 games too. I'll also be able to replay LOU2.

Yep, there will be tons of games to play at launch.

1st party exclusives are great, but it's hard to be disappointed when Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, Dirt 5, Watch Dogs, all the EA games, and Call of Duty (?) will also be there day 1.

Having said that, this lineup is nice. It's great to see Demon's Souls there. Miles is nice, even if it's essentially a glorified expansion. Sackboy is unexciting, but I do love Sumo digital and it could turn out to be a ton of fun.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Nope. Gonna do XSS for 2-3 years and switch back to Sony after more exclusives I want have come out + the prices on them have dropped a lil'.

Not interested in Demon's Souls, and while I had a lot of fun with Spider-Man on PS4, I got it for like $20. Miles Morales is not a day 1 buy for me.