• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you satisfied with the PS5 launch line up?

• Yeah, i am fully satisfied

• It is good but there could be more

• No, this lineup won´t get me to buy a PS5 at launch

Results are only viewable after voting.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demons Souls alone makes this the best Playstation lineup for me personally.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Not really. Demon's Soul is a nice surprise but not really hype-inducing for me.

I didn't expect a huge blowout at launch though so it's fine.

honestly i preordered and didn't even buy a game. I just want it because I can.

This if I'm being honest.

Until Horizon comes out, the things I'm most excited about are next-gen patches for older games I want to replay.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent launch titles, day 1 for many of them.
Pre-ordered two physical consoles already. Should be fantastic.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Yeah, I don't know what the PS4 version gonna look like, but Spidey looked INCREDIBLE and to be able to play that a 60fps is enough for a day one buy. Demons Souls and Destruction All Stars are officially PS5 exclusive, but they just look like amazing games to play, I could care less about what's exclusive and what's not.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
It's way more than anyone would have realistically hoped. And most importantly diverse. MM and DS look fantastic.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a hell of a lot better than PS2, 3 and 4.
Astro Bot, MM and DS is pretty nice, especially in a year with a fucking pandemic. I would have liked Returnal as well, but I'll have to wait some more for that one.

OP: Astro Bot, Destruction AllStars and Sackboy are all launch games as well.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Cross-gen is kind of a bummer in some ways I guess, but Miles Morales looks insane. I would have gotten a PS5 to play the best version of that alone. Demon's Souls is beautifully unexpected and that's an insane killer app for me. Astrobot looks cool and I can't wait to check it out. Ratchet is also launch window and looks AMAZING. Sackboy looks like a fun time in couch co-op, and I refuse to sleep on Destruction All-Stars like many, it looks like Twisted Metal with an artstyle I personally MUCH prefer.

This is an amazing launch lineup as far as I'm concerned- and 2021 looks absolutely insane to boot.

Genuinely couldn't be happier with the announced lineup for PS5. Maybe if they threw Silent Hill on top I'd just melt.

Oct 25, 2017
i love new tech so i was gonna get one regardless, but the launch is laughably bad. only DS for me. and i may hold off on getting it instantly because of cyberpunk playtime

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
So, I'm probably just really stupid here, but is Assassin's creed Valhalla a launch game for PS5?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I think the games they showed are fun but it is hard to argue that picking up the console in 2021 or when GoWR comes out puts me in a worse off position. I am buying a PS5D for the exclusives and because I have owned every PS console.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
It's an abysmal launch lineup. Truly dire. Not worth buying a PS5 any time soon. On top of that, $70 game prices.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought a Playstation with Uncharted, Wipeout, Everybody's Golf as launch games so this is pretty weak.
Cross-gen title and remaster will be my day one purchases, sadly Deathloop got delayed.

Funny to see how people are so bullish on this lineup after that.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Demon's Souls alone makes it the best lineup since PS2. Maybe PS3 depending on how much you liked Resistance and Ridge Racer 7.

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I feel like people are harsh on this launch lineup, but PS4 was (for me) a *LOT* less interesting at the time. I'm pretty excited to play DS on day one.

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017
you can try and attach as many "buts" to these games as you want, but they're still (likely) good games, and a good amount of them. Compare this to almost any other launch lineup in history and it will probably end up mopping the floor with them

Solaire

Oct 29, 2017
I already played Demon's Souls, so, no.
There's no real draw for me to get it at launch or any time soon, really.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Voted for the middle option.

Personally I'm not buying for those titles. I'm buying for a better PS4 experience, along with being able to play PS5 titles when they're more numerous. It's a bit weird, admittedly, but the draw for launch for me is games like and AC: Valhalla, CoD BO Cold War, but I don't mind if I wait to play those games.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The launch lineup for me, since I'm including cross-gen stuff and games I'm waiting for their PS5 enhancements to purchase, is:

- Astro's Playroom
- Demon's Souls
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Watch Dogs: Legion
- Marvel's Avengers

So, yeah. None of those games are as 'mind-blowingly' hype-inducing as BotW was for the Switch's launch but the games here more than make up for it imo. I can see myself getting far more fun out of those than I did for pretty much anything in the PS4's first year (I got it when Infamous: Second Son was just out).

DeniroSerafim

Apr 5, 2018
No. Demon Souls looks amazing, but I can wait to play that. I'll probably just get Miles Morales and Sackboy's Adventure on PS4, assuming they run well. If that Silent Hill rumor ends up being real, that may be enough to get me in on a PS5.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Demon's Souls is the system seller for the hardcore crowd
Spidey is the system seller for the more casual crowd

From what we can say right now, this looks like an excellent line-up for Sony.

For me though, meh

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
$100 games in Canada
Cross gen games that arent even full games
A 10 yr old remake

I have zero interest.

Sackboy is interesting, but Horizon is what Id really want, and I assume that game will at least be significantly better on ps5

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Getting Demon's Souls and Miles as soon as they're available. Might get Godfall and some other (maybe Destruction or Sackboy). This is a killer line up!

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
what kind of op is this lol at least include the lineup it's not that hard.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
spiderman was fun, so miles should be too,
demons souls is a system seller,
astro bot was amazing on vr, so optimistic about the pre-installed game too.
plus my ps4 backlog,
so should be good for a while, could always be better for sure.