• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'll get Apple+ because I, or my wife, buy a new Apple product every year in one way or another.

Netflix has a lot of shows my wife likes, so we'll
Keep it.

disney has stuff we like and my kid will enjoy, so I'll get that.
Everything else? Nope.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I never have more than two of these things at once and I only keep Amazon Prime for the shipping. I have no trouble canceling and alternating between services.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Resubbed to Netflix and I've never been less whelmed... Usually I resub for multiple months, this time it's just to finish watching great British bake off... I just don't like their original stuff, or their decade and older sitcoms. Besides that they just don't have anything that is keeping my interest.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strangely enough I've been looking to reduce monthly recurring expenses, so I am going to probably flip to exclusively using FREE streaming services only:

Kanopy (no advertising)
TubiTV
Crackle
AppleTV+ (free first year with iPhone/AppleTV purchase)
PlutoTV

I am still debating on whether or not to keep my cable subscription, which gives me Video-On-Demand access to a good number of currently airing shows. I will probably slash down to the most basic package Comcast offers, which is usually just local channels + a few select cable networks.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Only have Amazon Prime and Netflix. The former because Amazon and the latter because most other streaming options give the middle finger to non-US people.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Resubbed to Netflix and I've never been less whelmed... Usually I resub for multiple months, this time it's just to finish watching great British bake off... I just don't like their original stuff, or their decade and older sitcoms. Besides that they just don't have anything that is keeping my interest.
Yeah. Their originals have been lackluster as of late.

They are too short and lack substance. A great show with 8 episodes simply isn't going to replace an exiting show with 100+ episodes.

I really liked their glass blowing reality show though.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Peacock and CBS all access are the next two casualties. Crunchy roll will always be smallest after that but they serve a different audience and will survive. The rest will survive for years. The largest player who will fail is Apple.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm probably going to do Disney + and HBO Max.

Disney+ has The Simpsons, HBO Max has South Park
Disney+ has Marvel, HBO Max has DC Comics
Disney+ has Star Wars, HBO Max has Lord of the Rings
Disney+ has Mickey Mouse, HBO Max has Looney Tunes.
Disney+ has family/kids content, HBO Max has adult content.

HBO Max and Disney+ seem like a good combo to me.

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
I can't see Netflix surviving in the U.S.

The only advantage they have is they jumped into the international market early and are still the only ones really trying to cater to them, but in the U.S. they have nothing over the competition anymore since all their license are being bought back and their original content has been on a decline.

I think they will restructure and only keep a minimal focus on the North American market in a few years time, it will take time for others to build up overseas subscribers and services, so they can strengthen their hold and maybe become an intermediary that handles distribution in foreign markets for other streamers.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
HBO Max and Disney+ for me. May drop Netflix. Both satisfy different itches and balance each other out.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
For me it's Hulu. If really want to see a movie I'll just rent it on Amazon. I'm about to dump Netflix. It's been mostly crap for years imo.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah
I'll just continue to stick with Netflix and ignore every other streaming service like I've always done.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Just waiting for this first jack off that makes millions from turning all the different services into packages.

Sounds familiar.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Me and my sister/brother share the cost of all of them by each subbing to 2 (besides CBS, Crunchy and peacock). Even if i didn't i would just sub to those because it would still be cheaper than cable because if i wanted cable i would want the one that has atleast 300-400 channels which is $70 for 12 months than goes up to like $90 something not including the $13.99 cable box.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
I've got Netflix and Prime. I'll just stick with them for a while. At least until Disney starts churning out original X-Men content.

Oct 25, 2017
Basically sticking to my niche since I barely watch TV or shows anymore. FunimationNow and Shudder, Netflix are probably the only things I'll stay subscribed with.

Physical media for all of the other stuff I actually care to re-watch.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
For me it will be Netflix and Disney+. We have Prime Video because of regular Prime but would never subscribe to it on its own. We use someone else's HBO login but I'm not sure if I would get it on my own or not, there is usually just a couple of shows a year that interest me.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think a good plan is to just sub to one at a time, exhaust the content for a month, move onto the next one. Once you realize you don't have to be in the current conversation for everything, there is no more FOMO. You can take your time watching since it's not like their exclusive content will just vanish.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Hbo max will be likely free in my country because our government provides internet service that is mandatory for our citizens. And recently they announced they had partnership with HBO, and hinted hbo would come as a service

*by free, not literally free but already included in one package

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I pay for Netflix, my girlfriend signed up for the three year disney+, i have free access to HBO, and I'll probably rotate months on the others if and when there's something I really want to watch.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have Fios, DAZN, Prime and Netflix, that's all I'm doing for now. I leech off my parents HBO so I'm happy with what I have. Netflix I've wanted to cancel but they have just enough content to keep me coming back, but I'm sure that'll change when they lose all their legacy stuff.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Really hating these streaming wars because I mostly like "catalog" shows like:

Frasier
Seinfeld
South Park
30 Rock
The Office
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The League
Brooklyn 99
The Mick

It seems like every day, one of these shows gets shipped off to yet another service. I'll need Peacock, Hulu, Netflix, and HBO Max to watch them all I think? Hulu was capturing the vast majority of these for a long time.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Frasier
Seinfeld
South Park
30 Rock
The Office
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The League
Brooklyn 99
The Mick

It seems like every day, one of these shows gets shipped off to yet another service. I'll need Peacock, Hulu, Netflix, and HBO Max to watch them all I think? Hulu was capturing the vast majority of these for a long time.

Just buy them outright if you rewatch them a lot tbh.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Frasier
Seinfeld
South Park
30 Rock
The Office
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The League
Brooklyn 99
The Mick

I think most of those will be on HBO Max and Peacock. Seinfeld on Netflix. Always Sunny on Hulu.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix
Disney+/Hulu
HBO Max (I assume I won't need HBO Now anymore?)
Amazon Prime (Though I'd have that anyway)

and I'm done

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
3eqk9t.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
HBO Max (Getting rolled into this)
Netflix
Disney+
Prime
Hulu (Through Spotify)

I'll be good with those for now. However, Netflix is going to have to step their game up big time when it comes to their originals. Disney's content honestly doesn't excite me much but it's cheap so might as well get it. Max is potentially looking like the best thing out of all of them imo.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Let me see.

Have Hulu, dropping in Dec since my 99cents deal is up.
Disney+ for 3 years, but splitting with a friend, 70 bucks.

Will rotate Netflix, Amazon, and HBO probably for a month or two a year each.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's really not that bad for me. I got the Disney 3 year deal awhile back. I'll continue to have Netflix. I have ATT for cell so HBO Max is "free."

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The real streaming war I am worried is the sports one. I have Dazn for football (only foreign) and the EuroLeague basketball. I want to sub for NBA, and also wanted another sub for some service with the Champions League and Brazilian championships... I dont care about series and movies that much, but I could just unsub from Netflix and sub something else every now and then.