• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
I've been in quarantine for almost 8 weeks now. Thankfully I can work from home and I've been able to mantain a healthy routine during these days. Since I'm sitting in front of my computer all day, I´ve started to play Hearthsone again. The fact that my coffe breaks are non existent now, and those moments I used to spend casually talking with coworkers and friends are also gone, have permitted me to play a few rounds of Hearthstone during my breaks.

I stopped playing this game many years ago, and now I play it every day. And I know that if things go back to normal, I´m not going to play this game anymore (I mean, I´ll give it a 90% chance that I´m gonna quit the game once the quarantine is over).

So, are any of you playing a game right now that you wouldn't have played if it wasn´t cause you are in Quarantine/Lockdown????

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Played through AC Odyssey which I loved and that has caused me to go back to AC origins which I never finished and am enjoying now on second try.

nath999

May 7, 2018
I just bought Assassin's Creed Origins, probably don't look twice at this if things were normal.

First Ass Creed game since Blackflag.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah. Gamepass has been more valuable than usual these last few weeks. Journey To The Savage Planet and Deliver Us The Moon are prime examples of your question above.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
My gaming time precovid was regulated to Friday and Saturday evenings because of work, family responsibilities, etc. I'm working from home now so I find myself sleeping later and playing more on weekday evenings. Currently playing Nioh which has been on my backlog for awhile. I may very well have started it even before all of this went down but playing a game like this more frequently certainly helps.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I randomly decided to replay dark souls 2 this weekend. It's not as bad as i remember. Shame it's too hard to mod on pc though.

Apr 20, 2020
Yes, kind of indirectly: I saw Jeff Green streaming Subnautica, which I'd played before but dropped. Saw it on gamepass and started a new game and now it's one of my GOATs

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
I was playing Death Stranding when the lockdown hit. Even though it's an amazing game, I lost the will to play realistic, post apocalyptic games. Instead I finally finished Zelda BotW and bought Animal Crossing. That would never had happened if it wasn't for the lockdown.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Final fantasy 9, never played it before (or any FF game for that matter)

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
All of these games
dcfZXpD.jpg

with RDR2 being special since I never really intended playing the game. Luckily I did play it and loved it. Right now I am 72h into Persona 5 Royal which I also never intended to play since I played Persona 5 back then. Nevertheless, I am having a blast.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I'm playing F1 2019 right now and I bought a wheel a few days ago.

help
You just need VR now!

I've played more Red Dead 2 on PC when I hadn't been playing it at all and started AC Odyssey. While also getting back into Dota 2 after years away from it which I thought I never would. So definitely am playing games I wouldn't have been playing at this time.

veras

Oct 27, 2017
All of these games
dcfZXpD.jpg

with RDR2 being special since I never really intended playing the game. Luckily I did play it and loved it. Right now I am 72h into Persona 5 Royal which I also never intended to play since I played Persona 5 back then. Nevertheless, I am having a blast.

What tool or site is that?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mostly backlog stuff.

I definitely wouldn't be putting as much time into Animal Crossing if we weren't in quarantine.

FeArTriX

Oct 26, 2017
Legends of Runeterra I don't like card games but I was so bored that I gave it a shot. Turned out to great and I'm still playing it and enjoying my time.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Not really. Everything I played last month, I would have played either way. RE3R, FFVIIR, Trials of Mana (fuck I really need to start this already). March was quiet, but February had DMC3 Switch and the MMZ Collection. So usual stuff for me.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely, and all thanks to Game Pass.

Most recent unusual one is Spintires Mudrunner, and I'm liking it a lot. Its been amazing seeing how similar some mechanics and philosophies are between this game and Death Stranding. Can't shake the feeling that Kojima played this game before or while designing DS.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, Pokemon Shield cause I wanted something fun and happy to not burn out on AC, starting to regret it tbh.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Duck Tales Remastered. Don't think I ever would have played the game with my normal schedule.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Kind of? This year I kinda set this New Year's Resolution/personal challenge for me to go back through my older games and finish them. Originally I was thinking I'd mostly be playing PC games, so I played through Yakuza 0. Then I started working from home, and realized that after 9 hours of sitting in the same chair staring at the same computer, after work I kinda just want to go into the other room and play console games (something I rarely do, my preferred ways to play are portable and PC).

Since then I've finished

Dragon Warrior
Link's Awakening remake
Sly Cooper 1
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg

Now I'm working my way through Twilight Princess, and on Friday I was reminded of how I never finished 3D Dot Game Heroes, so that might be next on the list.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to play Detroit: Become Human. I wasn't so hot on Quantic Dream games after Heavy Rain, but I decided to download it just because and really enjoyed it.

Think I'm gonna do the Assassin's Creed games after this.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I bought VVVVVV as part of the COVID Humble Bundle and ended up beating it in a little less than two hours last night. So there's that.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Breath of Fire IV. It's been on my to-do list for years and years but I've never got around to it. I'm now about 30 hours into it and play it on and off every now and then (a lot of new games were released in the meantime that I wanted to play like FFVIIR and RE3R). It's a lot of fun and I'm glad I finally got around to it, feels good to finally scratch something off the list.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I decided to go back and try to 100% MGSV for some reason. I can already foresee my self bailing out when it comes to capturing all the animals.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly?

I'm playing tons of Pazner Corps 2. When the pandemic really started I started watching a lot of WW2 history videos for perspective. Although I've been a fan of WW2 history from years ago and like the genre, I think the pandemic really cemented my interest.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
The Division 1 and 2 for sure. Never cared about Tom Clancy branded games, but finished 1 and now I'm in World Tier 2 in the 2nd one.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I thought I was over MMORPGS but decided to give Elder Scrolls Online my fourth try when they put the current expansions on sale. I've dropped almost 100 hours into it since. Having a really good time with it.

ranjaboy

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 Royal. Never think I'd come back to it. The changes are different enough to warrant a second play through.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 Royal

I played around 30h of the original when it came out and tried to get back into P5 multiple times over the years, but it didn't grab me as much as P4 & P3 and the game just felt too long. Since the time investment is no issue right now, I played through P5R in under a month and it finally clicked for me. Loved the game but I never would have gone back to it without the lockdown. I'm playing the JP version of P5 Scramble right now and it's a decent time waster with a fun story but nowhere near as good as P5R.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Well just finished FF7 remake which I loved and I'm currently waiting for a PC to ship and losing my mind so I haven felt like playing much they'll that gets here. Well my buddy wanted to jump into Minecraft for some reason and that's great at getting your mind off stuff!! Really for such a boring game where you break blocks 24/7 I'm having a hell of a time and it really makes the day go by quicker

foamdino

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally returned to Witcher 3 after just stopping previously. Now I'm making an effort to do a bit every couple of days, side quest here, contract there etc. I tend to play strategy games on one screen while watching something on the other so I've had to change habits with Witcher!!

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Quarantine did make me plug in ps4 again and i started a new playthrough of bloodborne which is cool

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I wouldn't have 150+ hours into animal crossing in 2 months if we weren't on lockdown though I am usually doing it while watching something else too

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Went through existential crisis buying games on deal last week on PS4, which I hadn't done in a while

Bought and finished Catherine Full Body
Bought AC Origins, Valkyria Chronicle 1&4

Ended up downloading and restarting Disgaea 5 which I already had since launch.
Also playing MLB The Show 20 and Mario Maker 2 on the side while watching old NBA Open Court episodes.

Help

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've had another crack at AC Odyssey. It got sidelined after Red Dead 2 came out and it's taken this long to get back to it.

I found it a bit overwhelming to start with but am now in the flow and enjoying it.

Still prefer Origins and can't wait to get back to sword and shield combo in Valhalla.

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XIV. It's a very soothing game for some reason, which I didn't expect.

I've also been going through games I still have installed on my PS4 to see if I still want to keep 'em there. Already deleted Persona 5 and RDR2. Close to deleting AC:Odyssey... really hard to jump back into after so long. The momentum is gone.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Fire Emblem Three Houses. I bought it when Byleth was announced for Smash, but didn't played it until the quarantine started.