• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Mario Golf this week?

• Yes

Votes: 498 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 386 30.3%
  • I will, but later on

Votes: 273 21.4%
  • Lol golf games

Votes: 79 6.2%
  • Lol video games

Votes: 37 2.9%

• Total voters

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for reviews. Apparently, there's no accuracy check anymore and it's completely random? I think if that's actually the case I'll skip it.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Absolutely yes. I love arcade golf games abs this seems to be quite filled with content. I am so glad this and Skyward Sword are out soon because the rest of the year for first party Nintendo has nada for me

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Hope its good! Havent played a mario golf game since the Gamecube, probably gonna wait for a year or so until its half off

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Probably not, at least not right away. If it ends up being really well received I might get brought in by the hype - but idk if it'll be that exciting.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I want it, but I probably can't at $60, at 40 I'd be there right away but right now I'm optimistic about the reviews, but still curious where it will actually land. No real time to play much these days :(

Oct 26, 2017
I'm mighty, mighty tempted to do so. It'll be my first Mario Golf game, and I really like the way it looks, and the fact that King Bob-Omb is playable.

There's a lot of folks talking about changes to the way golf swings work in this game, but that talk goes over my head. So, I don't think that'll effect me possibly buying this game.

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
Already have. I normally don't like golf, but I find that I enjoy goofy golf games. At first, I thought Mario Golf seemed too "serious" to enjoy, but Speed Golf, Battle Golf, motion control, and Story Mode golf bosses really sold me on the whole thing. I'm so glad they got weird with it.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
My second favorite Mario spin-off series, so heck yes! So looking forward to this game, as it looks delightful, enjoyable, and entertaining!
Seriously, few games this year excite me as much as this one. ha And that's not to say that there is a dearth of great releases this year--it's just Mario Golf has a strange effect on me!

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I won't be. I've got other stuff in my backlog that I need to get through, and I'm budgeting for other new releases on Switch this year (Metroid Dread and SMT V mainly). Mario sports games also haven't really been my thing since Mario Power Tennis on GCN, so this game isn't exactly high on my priority list either.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Unless the reviews would say it is "bad" else I just trade in my SMP for it and get some sort of a discount.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Finger is on the buy button- just want to make sure it isn't a Mario Tennis Aces repeat in terms of content.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Gonna wait for a bit, Tennis Aces was enjoyable but went on sale really fast. I have enough multiplayer games on the switch right now and more coming in the Fall.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, most definitely. I can hardly wait! It's been so long since I've played a Mario Golf game.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Already purchased the game and it is preloaded, ready to tee off!

eguTeYd.jpg

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I put 1000 hours into the 3ds Mario Golf and this looks to be a better version so i am 1000% in.

Oct 28, 2020
I'll get it after clearing some of my backlog, probably in a few months. Looks great though! I was super into the GC one back in the day and this looks like it might hook me the same way.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very, very likely getting it within the next month or so. Just waiting for one of my friends to pick it up before I hop in.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I might, but it depends on the reviews for me - I didn't end up playing Tennis a lot in the end.
Golf would also mostly be a multiplayer title for me and I'm not sure if situations to play this game with the right group are gonna come up a lot.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I really want to but iirc there's only 6 courses and that doesn't seem like a whole lot.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for reviews. I was really excited for a potential Mario Golf on Switch but the gameplay shown has me worried. I need to know the three press system is back.

I'm also not fond of how speed golf (which I'll never play) has seemingly gotten rid of the extravagant hole animations which were always fun to watch.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not an immediate purchase for me but if it reviews well, possibly later down the line.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Gonna wait for reviews to be 100%, but more than likely
This also because I'll have to grab it at walmart
I really want to but iirc there's only 6 courses and that doesn't seem like a whole lot.
That's the series standard actually, TT and WT had the same number of holes(108) even(latter just cut two 18 holes into 4 9 hole courses though). This is the first one where they've unified the holes into proper courses instead of standalone items which makes it feel more real