• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I like the way I look and I'm comfortable and confident with myself. Are there some things that I nitpick? Sure. Everyone has some things they would change if they could.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

PBF253-The_Last_Unicorns.png

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I hated myself in my mid 20s even though looking back i was pretty fit and there was clearly nothing wrong. It was all in my head. Now, about to turn 31, I have a little belly pudge and I still "wish" I had a nice jawline but I try to practice radical acceptance of my body. It's tough but easier to loop in my thoughts with the rest of my mental health issues and know that what my brain thinks is not a reflection of reality. :)

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
For the most part yes. Most people consider me attractive. I could stand to lose a little weight though. I'm currently joining a boxing gym to get ripped.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It ebbs and flows.

I vacillate between feeling fine as hell and thinking I look like clinically depressed roadkill. There's actually rarely any grey area there lol.

But I love my dreads, my general build, and most of my facial features, independent of each other. I'm tall and much fitter than average and my brown skin is beautiful. I fixed my teeth a couple years ago with Invisalign (and finally finished paying them hoes off last month), so they're straight as hell. I've also recently tried to learn how to accept the many compliments I receive without shooting them down, externally or internally. It's helped. People think I look nice, so I should worry less. And the ones that don't…fuck em. *shrug*

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. But I am beginning to worry how it effects my health. Belly gettin way too big, gotta make some changes soon as I'm about to hit 30.

But if I could for sure be healthy and still look like this, I'd be fine with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I run two miles a day and do other exercises. So I feel pretty dang good even if I don't get hit up too often on dating apps by people I'm attracted to.

Seriously, everyone. Exercise. It will make you feel better.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I try I can look real fucking good. Problem is I'm super lazy and don't really try to look good half the time. Another issue is I need to build up muscle, but again, that's me being lazy.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I'm too busy at the moment to really care.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm growing a sick beard right now so yeah I'm doing ok right now. :) And my opinion is the only opinion that matters about what I look like.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
im short, bald, getting old and could lose some weight but sometimes i catch myself in the mirror and im like, 'godDAMN im good looking'. lol.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, aside from one of my front teeth, which has fluorosis from when I was very young. And I hope to get lasik some day, as I think I look better without glasses, and would prefer not to need them.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
31 years old. I feel I have good features - smooth skin, good, thick hair, straight teeth. 6'2". But boy do I need to lose some weight/get fit.

My "normal" weight is about 230. When I'm in runner mode, I can get down to about 220. When I was lifting 3hrs day/5days a week, I was up to about 270. Right now I'm just a fat 250 and it doesn't feel good. Between wife and kid and long work hours and travel and constant client dinners and happy hours, a good routine is busy - especially in the winter. Hoping to change things in spring as those aren't good excuses, they're just my excuses.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No but my expectations are so unrealistic that my ideal isn't really humanly possible.

So I'm fine with it.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I could stand to lose a few lbs around the waist area (working on it), but yeah I'm generally okay with how I look. Not bad for a 40 year old office worker who smoked for almost half his life, and still occasionally has more than a few beers on the weekends, anyway.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
yeah i guess. maybe I should grow a beard? (I can, but i like to be clean shaven) even though i exercise and slim from the neck down, feel like my face is fat/baby/young boyish (which i'm not, I am late 20s). 185cm tall without shoes

here, rate or roast me era

any way i'm out to get drunk und party

NEybdkG.png

Last edited:

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
I think I look pretty good, but I feel like it doesn't extend to the people I'm attracted to

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
The day you start lifting weights is the day you become forever small.

I went from 6'4 170 lbs to 6'4 215 lbs and I still feel skinny. I most likely have body dysmorphia.

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be in really good shape, now I'm just strong. But sure, I hated how I looked in my early 20s. But I started lifting weights and getting on a good diet so I've been working out for roughly 12 years now. So I'm happy with how I look, and I worked hard for it.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, its tough. Since I got married at 27 (now 41) I basically quickly gained a ton of weight and was pushing 260 for a lot of the time.

I changed my ways with eating just prior to turning 40 and I'm now about 178-180ish lbs , which i have maintained over the last year which is obviously great, but while I'm obviously far less "wide" overall, and there is massive change in my overall appearance I'm still very jiggly in the midsection- still got that pot belly and love handles that just don't go away (I'm very thin everywhere else, so i'm one of those that just puts everything in the belly area first).

Part of it, is my soul just needs to eat on the weekend (I"m pretty regimented and on schedule during the week, modest calories counts, eating salads at lunch, etc, but come Friday night (and maybe Saturday too) I need a cheesesteak, burger, fries, pizza, Mexican ,etc)) and the other is I just don't work out. But you know, I have the typical story/excuse (family guy, busy with 2 kids (both with lots of extracurriculars, 3 dogs, and never-ending shortage of time & lack of energy to throw regular gym visits into that somehow).

I wish I just could get that truly flat stomach and it eludes me- granted I pretty much look fine in clothes, but I still look at my gut when undressed and its like "Ugh". I know fighting that will take a regular gym regiment and I image a lot of ab work which I dread, but just not sure I will eever find time & motivation to make it happen.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 43. I got hit by a truck a few months ago. I still look dope as fuck.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Way back in the day, I had a random guy call me a pretty boy before punching me in the face.
The negative obviously was getting punched in the face.
The positive was another dude who was a complete stranger called me a pretty boy.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
If I put some effort in I can clean up ok but no beard ever and I'll probably never be in shape cause I can't do gyms.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
It's kind of strange. I feel like I don't look too bad, when I look at myself in the mirror I feel like I look good but when I look at pictures or videos of myself I look like shit. Sadly only these two latter instances represent my true self so I'm fucked.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
For the most part yes, I lost around 70 pounds the last year and a half. So I can now pass as skinny but the remaining fat is in my stomach so that sucks. Also not happy that I gained ten pounds in the last month. But that has been because I'm in the early stages of my first relationship in ten years so I have been eating out way to much. And my new found appreciation for liquor is not helping🤣

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
No, I used to be but not anymore.
I've been at a pretty low point for a long while now, I've completely stopped exercising and I've been drinking more than usual, so I've gained a lot of weight.
Not to mention I've had a ton of problem with my teeth these last couple of months but as I'm unemployed I dont have enough money to go to a dentist.

Oct 27, 2017
Took a couple of decades, but I'm starting to find beauty in the aspects of myself I used to hate.

So yay for slowly growing self confidence

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swim or run four times a week to say yes to this question but yes, I love how I feel and how my body feels and definitely how I look. I'll never be pretty, but then again, few people are!

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Getting there!

Lost 45 pounds since last summer and have dyed my hair blonde, I look so much better than last year it's not even a contest.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I could do without all the grey hair, but everyone tells me it looks "sophisticated", so whatever. I'd be happy if I could just lose that last 10 lbs or so too, but overall I think I'm one handsome motherfucker.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yes

I am fine with the way I look but I don't mind doing improvements such as losing weight for look wise (I just want to be healthy so looks isn't the main reason for it)

Other than that I am fine with the way I look