• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Screen-Shot-2018-07-02-at-5.36.17-PM-620x400.png

Trump will buy Newsmax and OANN, siphon the "talent" and assemble his Justice League of wonderful people like Alex Jones, Shapiro, Glenn Beck, etc.

Anyone dreading this?

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I was thinking about this this morning. Trump is definitely investing into OANN and/or Newsmax if not buying them outright.

(Assuming he can pry the cash from somebody's hands)

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it some how becomes a reality I'll just avoid it entirely but I wouldn't be surprised if some broadcast commission got involved due to the nature of the content if it became too hardcore.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly, I'd rather that than see people peddling that sort of crap on mainstream channels. Even Fox for all it's right-wing hyperbole will still have a viewership that's predominantly conservative rather than fringe. Send all these nutjobs off into their own little sphere.

Wonder how long before we see him peddling Brain Force Plus?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Here's to it either crashing & burning or crashing & burning & taking Fox and/or the entire YT alt-right complex with it.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Get his ass out of office and prosecute him and his family for state crimes and I could give a shit.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've been mentally preparing for Trump TV for like 4 years now but at this point I kinda doubt it's actually going to happen.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I'd have to remove 99% of my braincells in order to be mentally prepared for such a thing

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
Trump will buy Newsmax and OANN, siphon the "talent" and assemble his Justice League of wonderful people like Alex Jones, Shapiro, Glenn Beck, etc.

Anyone dreading this?

Anyone that tells me they watch it will automatically flip a switch in my mind that tells me their words are without any wisdom.

Buy Newsmax and OANN? With what money?

In Don Jr's best attempt at mister moviephone voice "The Cheeto ex Prez blabber shouty hour now presented by My Pillow!"

I don't have to watch it, so no.

This is the best mentality in regards to the mess that is Trump with a TV show/network.

-Trump is going to become a TV/Twitter evangelist for his cult, just without the pretense of religion being bandied about.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get how that's supposed to work.

Like, to run a nationwide cable station, you need ad money, and i don't feel like there's a lot of big coroporations who're going to touch a TrumpTV (which is going to be more extreme than Fox News; where advertisers can still pretendtobeshocked.gif whenever they cross a certain line) with a ten foot pole.

Meanwhile, if they run a "mostly online" operation, their reach should be negligible.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
A TV network with 3rd Reich sympathisers as presenters and KKK affiliates as guests?

Who would want to miss that kind of entertainment? Plus, it will help people with anger issues.

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is the right wing media's puppet not the puppeteer, it would be amazing if he did try to muscle in on it because that will be a sure fire sign that it's going to crash and burn.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
He'll get s segment/show at best.
Prob rather keep him at distance and invite from time to time. I figure that while the others are clearly assholes, they can probably at least turn off their personas and have some semblance of an adult conversation - Trump can't do that. He is just an unintelligent manbaby.

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
It's w/e Trump won't pay the bills so it will be shuttered within 2-4 years.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He's a piece of shit anyway but doesn't Shapiro hate Trump? I don't think he'd be involved.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
What's the core difference compared to what already exists? If anything, it's better if they splinter off, isn't it? In the sense that they can be singled out, anyway.

He's a piece of shit anyway but doesn't Shapiro hate Trump? I don't think he'd be involved.

I think they're on a break, yeah, but I don't know nor would I bet one way or the other lol. There is no shame.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Alex Jones and Ben Shapiro? Where do I sign up? As Terrell Owens once said "I hope you got your popcorn ready."

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Won't be watching and honestly hope no one will be making threads about genuinely a fake news station. It's pointless.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
You could have a more educational experience going to the zoo and watching monkeys hurl shit at each other.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, this will ruin all the good things that OANN and Newsmax do for the media.

Nothing there will change. They're already basically a wing of the Trump Org, this'll just put a hat on it.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
It's sad to think that Trump is one of the most corrupt President's in the history of the USA, and people still expect him to walk off scot-free from office.