• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character are you learning towards playing as in ACV?

• I picked Kassandra in AC:O and will pick male Eivor in ACV

Votes: 214 23.4%
  • I picked Kassandra in AC:O and will pick female Eivor in ACV

Votes: 319 34.9%
  • I picked Alexios in AC:O and will pick male Eivor in ACV

Votes: 134 14.6%
  • I picked Alexios in AC:O and will pick female Eivor in ACV

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • I am undecided

Votes: 89 9.7%
  • I didn't play AC:O but will pick male Eivor in ACV

Votes: 85 9.3%
  • I didn't play AC:O but will pick female Eivor in ACV

Votes: 66 7.2%

• Total voters

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the time I pick female if I have the choice. For this game I have to go male, since I need a long beard for this.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'll wait and see first

I liked Kassandra more but by the end of Odyssey it was pretty clear that the game was written with a man in mind. I expect it's not the same for Valhalla.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Played as Kassandra last time as I really disliked the male VO. I'll probably play the 1st mission twice, one each and then decide from there.

(Why we can't just swap and change from a menu like it's a costume I'll never understand)

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
seems like I'm in the very small minority...

I took Alexios in AC:O, but found out after a few hours that this was certainly a big mistake and I didn't like him at all as the main character (but didn't have courage to go back and switch). Not going to take male Eivor and will go for female Eivor this time.

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I always pick the female option when available in videogames.
I also pre-ordered the collectors edition which has the female Eivor as a statue.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): Low effort drive-by post
Why isn't there an option: The AC games have sucked ass since 3 so I won't be buying Valhalla?

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played an Assassins Creed game since 2, but am at least curious about this one. No way I'd choose the male option with that name, though. It's unequivocally not a mans name. It would be like playing a game set in the trenches of WW1 as a strapping young british army lad named Barbara. It would take me out of the story every time someone mentioned his name.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
If i get the game ill pick female, always do when given the choice. The name Eivor is also an old lady name in my country so it would be a little weird to play a dude with that name.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
On this forum, I'm sure both female will have the upper hand but worldwide, it'll be the opposite

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Undecided.

I planned to pick female Eivor simply because Eivor is a woman's name where I live and a bearded Eivor will become comical. But after the leak and seeing possibly the most bland female character all gen I'm not interested in choosing female Eivor either. I feel zero hype at this point to be quite honest. Might just try playing Ghost instead to get my AC fix. :(

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Rolled with Kassandra in Odyssey and will probably go with female Eivor as well. Kassandra was an easier choice, though, since she was also the protagonist of the novel, and I wanted that unique female Spartan vibe. With Valhalla, there aren't any of those factors pushing me to either character right now, so we'll see.

What was the ratio between Alexios and Kassandra?
According to the director, 66% chose to play as Alexios.

Flayer

Oct 28, 2017
I almost always used to play as female characters if possible but over the last few years I've gravitated to the male option almost all the time and I don't see that changing with Valhalla.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Eivor is a female name, so...
The beard argument is pretty compelling though.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019
If I get the game, which I very likely will because I never learn, I'll be picking male Eivor, but only if he has a customizable beard.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's interesting that Kassandra players seem evenly split, with maybe a few more opting to carry on as female than those that will change to male, while the vast majority of Alexios players are opting to stick with playing as a male

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Played as Kassandra. She was filled with personality and charm. If the option is available, then I usually pick women characters. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything on the female Eivor yet outside of the collectible figure, so I might go with the guy.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting that Kassandra players seem evenly split, with maybe a few more opting to carry on as female than those that will change to male, while the vast majority of Alexios players are opting to stick with playing as a male

Bearded Vikings.

I played as Kassandra, and I'm contemplating male this time just on pure aesthetics.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Male Eivor.

I will have the most bountiful beard you ever did see. It will be as a hairy thicket that my enemies must hack through before they can so much as attempt to wound me.

It shall be the first beard so richly volumed that it clips through the title screen.

All must pay homage to my beard or perish.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Played as Kassandra. She was filled with personality and charm. If the option is available, then I usually pick women characters. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything on the female Eivor yet outside of the collectible figure, so I might go with the guy.

Not the best picture but someone posted this in the gameplay leak thread

3U8ovDU.png

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Female Eivor design is not as appealing as I would have hoped. She looks so.. generic. That coupled with the bad voice acting made the choice for me.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I think Male viking this time around for the change, I went with Kassandra in Odyessey.

But I guess it depends on their portrayal and performance, we'll see.

A bearded berserker sounds awesome but a badass Shield Maiden does as well.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
A generous analysis would be that this is just console footage with low-ish graphics presets, and the build is just a stable one made for playtesting with performance/graphics polish coming at a later - or just parallel - point in development. Footage is definitely rough.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not the best picture but someone posted this in the gameplay leak thread

3U8ovDU.png
Ok, I changed to "undecided" because I think I still need to see and hear more out of the actor/actress before choosing. That looks promising though. It's hard to judge something based on a static collectible statue, so this was helpful.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Before the leak gameplay, I was leaning towards Male Eivor after playing (and loving) Kassandra in Odyssey, because I didn't like F-Eivor's design. Now after hearing her voice I think I will definitely play as M-Eivor. But I may change my mind again by the time the game comes out.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I have just one rule to follow. If you are carrying an axe, you need a beastly beard.

So.... it's possible to add beard to the female Eivor? If not.... I guess I'll break my rule just this time.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Female in AC:Odyssey and female this time round, no consideration, no question and no thought otherwise. Always play female when I can and these days I tread closer and closer to just not bothering with the game at all if there is no female option.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's always going to be whoever's voice acting I like better. That's my only qualifier.

For Odyssey, it was Kassandra
For Mass Effect, it was Femshep
For playing an asura in Guild Wars 2, it's the male asura

I'll hear both characters in some dialog scenes and make my decision then.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I will need to hear them both. Alexios vs Kassandra were vastly different, with Alexios being very hard to take seriously.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I need to hear more from both voice actors, but I chose "I picked Kassandra in AC:O and will pick male Eivor in ACV" for now because I wasn't really impressed by female Eivor's voice in the leaked gameplay. Kassandra was the obvious better choice in Odyssey compared to Alexios, but it doesn't seem to be so clear cut with Eivor. Also leaning towards male Eivor because beards.

I won't know until I play the game. Plus we have yet to see the female protagonist in action.

We have. Check out the leaked gameplay that came out yesterday.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Always a female character if I am given the choice. I am a dude already, no need to play as a gruff bearded dudebro for 100 hours.