• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character are you learning towards playing as in ACV?

• I picked Kassandra in AC:O and will pick male Eivor in ACV

Votes: 214 23.4%
  • I picked Kassandra in AC:O and will pick female Eivor in ACV

Votes: 319 34.9%
  • I picked Alexios in AC:O and will pick male Eivor in ACV

Votes: 134 14.6%
  • I picked Alexios in AC:O and will pick female Eivor in ACV

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • I am undecided

Votes: 89 9.7%
  • I didn't play AC:O but will pick male Eivor in ACV

Votes: 85 9.3%
  • I didn't play AC:O but will pick female Eivor in ACV

Votes: 66 7.2%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I almost always pick female if I have the option (the only exception being if the female character(s) are so embarrassingly depicted that I don't see them as representation). So yeah, if I play Valhalla I'll pick the female character.

Same here. Though customization also plays an important role, usually for the negative. For example, I found that most outifts for the female trainer in Pokemon Let's Go aren't that good, so I went with the boy. The opposite is true for S&S, though. That stupid bag...

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Most likely male Eivor. I played Kassandra in ACO as she was clearly the vastly superior character out of the two, but my main reasoning is just to switch it up a bit and go with a male character this time around. Plus the opportunity for an epic Viking beard.

Having said that, if male Eivor turns out to feel really bland like Alexios did, then I might go with female Eivor anyway. Both look awesome design wise.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Most likely male Eivor. I played Kassandra in ACO as she was clearly the vastly superior character out of the two, but my main reasoning is just to switch it up a bit and go with a male character this time around. Plus the opportunity for an epic Viking beard.

Having said that, if male Eivor turns out to feel really bland like Alexios did, then I might go with female Eivor anyway. Both look awesome design wise.

I think we'll see more customisation of character this time around, so maybe they'll let you change hair/tattoos etc, which they didn't let you do in Odyssey

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Probably play as male since it got the guy from last kingdom and the female eivor doesn't seem as appealing as my girl Kassandra.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I picked Kassandra, she is awesome, but this time going for male Eivor because he reminds me of the dude from the VIkings show.

Plus he's voiced by Cnut.

latest

Last edited:
OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Playing as her? I was never able to see the leaked footage in the OP of that thread in time. How was her character design, I wonder?

Yeah

If you go on YT and search for "Assassin's Creed Valhalla leaked gameplay" and then filter the results by most recent someone will have uploaded it again in the last few hours

Filter the search to only show vids 30mins long to narrow it down more if that helps

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
The year 2020.
Not playing as female.
Do you even game.

I always pick female if given the choice!

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Yeah

If you go on YT and search for "Assassin's Creed Valhalla leaked gameplay" and then filter the results by most recent someone will have uploaded it again in the last few hours

Filter the search to only show vids 30mins long to narrow it down more if that helps
Found it! Thanks!

Looking at the first minute, I actually like the lighting and colors, even if the setting is boring for me.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So after 233 votes:

Male - 47.6%
Female - 40.8%

If that's Era, then I feel like overall it's gonna be 75% or more of players picking male Eivor, considering I think two thirds of AC:O players picked Alexios

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Women assassins are awesome, 100% going female again

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't watched the leaked gameplay but if the male character has a decent voice I'll be going with him

I went with Kassandra in Odyssey because she's great all 'round, but I'd like to think they've nailed the romance side of things this time around, so it'll be fun to play as a bi dude in a giant RPG again.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Gotta go with the woman, because playing a man with a womans name will bother me somewhat throughout the playthrough. Much like Sissel did in Ghost Trick.

That said, I usually pick the woman in these cases anyway. And probably would have even with a gender neutral name.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
So after 233 votes:

Male - 47.6%
Female - 40.8%

If that's Era, then I feel like overall it's gonna be 75% or more of players picking male Eivor, considering I think two thirds of AC:O players picked Alexios
I voted male but it could still change if female has a good showing in their marketing footage but yeah male is probably gonna be the majority.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I think we'll see more customisation of character this time around, so maybe they'll let you change hair/tattoos etc, which they didn't let you do in Odyssey
Good. That said, I kinda hope that the game changes depending on whether you pick a male or female Eivor. Like, maybe you have to deal with sexism or some such.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I usually go with the female because of the voice. I think there was one game were it was just way better acted than the guy and it's just stuck with me.

I'm the type of person though that plays games by pressing randomise or leaving it default. Not a big deal to me.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I went with Kassandra in Odyssey but for this I am going male. I want my long beard!

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As long as there are dude on dude romance options I have no choice but to choose the guy.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I usually go with the female because of the voice. I think there was one game were it was just way better acted than the guy and it's just stuck with me.

I'm the type of person though that plays games by pressing randomise or leaving it default. Not a big deal to me.
Actually, yeah, I just prefer the voice for Eivor from what little I've heard (of both the male and female version)

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
A lot of RPGs seem to have better voiceacting for the female character choice for some reason, but I'll wait and see what each of them are like.

I like the idea of playing a guy by default as a guy myself, but the male options, especially character customization, are usually so bad I go for the female alternative.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Kassandra was an easy choice for me but I can go with either Eivor.

Usually I make character customisation decisions based on what kind of character I was playing in the last game I mained and will choose the opposite characteristics.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting to see the voice acting for both.

Female Eivor from the leaked footage seems okay.

I will have to hear the male one before making that decision.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I'm a dude, and if given a choice, I like to opt for a male player character. I also tend to prefer how armor "fits" on male characters more-so than female ones.

It's a very loose preference, so not a big deal either way though.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Depends on who is canon. I played Kassandra in Odyssey because she is the canon protagonist and the game worked better that way.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I guess I'll have to hear the VA for both of them, like I did with ACO. I picked kass because Alexios sounded a bit too goofy for my tastes. If male Eivor sounds good, I'll probably go with him because I want a dank Viking beard

GeometryHead

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably pick the female Eivor (assuming the voice acting is of similar quality), simply because it's quite strange to hear a man being called Eivor.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I love Kassandra. Tried a replay as Alexios and then just switched back to Kassandra again instead lol

But I'll wait and see about Eivor. At this point, I prefer the male version but I need to see more of both.