• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you learning towards playing as in ACV?

• I picked Kassandra in AC:O and will pick male Eivor in ACV

Votes: 214 23.4%
  • I picked Kassandra in AC:O and will pick female Eivor in ACV

Votes: 319 34.9%
  • I picked Alexios in AC:O and will pick male Eivor in ACV

Votes: 134 14.6%
  • I picked Alexios in AC:O and will pick female Eivor in ACV

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • I am undecided

Votes: 89 9.7%
  • I didn't play AC:O but will pick male Eivor in ACV

Votes: 85 9.3%
  • I didn't play AC:O but will pick female Eivor in ACV

Votes: 66 7.2%

• Total voters

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So now we've seen some of female Eivor in the leaked Assassin's Creed Valhalla gameplay footage, and we've seen male Eivor in the fake gameplay reveal trailer, who are you learning towards picking to play as based on the limited information we've seen so far?

I think I'm leaning towards female Eivor, as I had such a good time with Kassandra in Odyssey, however I think the design of both leads is pretty cool this time around

What do you think, Era?

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
I want to vote but I didn't play Odissey.
Why simply put an option on Eivor without putting anything on Odissey?

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know yet, i need to hear more of both voice actors to decide.

For now, i tend to go towards male Eivor. Even tho i'm someone that always pick a girl when given the choice. We'll see how it goes.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Just like when I picked Kassandra, it will have everything to do with the voice acting and the relationship dynamic that they have with other characters.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I went to Kassandra in Odyssey without thinking about it not even for a second. It just made sense to me. But for this one, I think I like the male Eivor better.
If I end up buying the game, I'll use him, most likely.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever has the better voice acting. Female Eivor from the 30minute leak sounded okay, though not as good as Kassandra.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't seen the female Eivor in action yet as I haven't seen the leakes but it just depends on vo performance for me, Kassandra was just way more charming than Alexios.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Leaning towards male right now. Just because I want the biggest, most viking beard I can get.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Voice acting for Female Eivor didn't sound as good as Kassandra (from the leaked footage), so currently leaning towards Male Eivor.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
If I have the chance to play as a female character, I will do it almost always. Eivor won't be the exception.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
I played as Kassandra in odyssey but I need to see more of the characters to decide who I want to play as, though I'm leaning towards female river right now I haven't made that decision just yet.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's kinda stupid when going with a female name.

I guess they decided doing a lot of the voice acting twice last time around wasn't worth the effort this time

That said, yeah if that's a female name (I have no idea, it's a name I've not heard before) then they could have tried for something more gender neutral

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I guess they decided doing a lot of the voice acting twice last time around wasn't worth the effort this time

That said, yeah if that's a female name (I have no idea, it's a name I've not heard before) then they could have tried for something more gender neutral
Eivor is a female name in Scandinavia so it's not exactly gender neutral in it's setting, but shouldn't have to be such a big deal really.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Depends on the look and the voice acting. Chances are good that it`s going to be the female version.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno. Depends who they see as canon.

In Odyssey they said Kassandra was their "canon" protagonist so that's who I went. If they have a defined canon protagonist this time too then I'll use that person.

Otherwise, in this case I think the male character looks better, unlike last time when Kassandra looked better.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I picked Kassandra in Odyssey, but I'm not too sure this time around as yet.

Like I know there was that leaked footage but we don't really know how old it was and the footage I found was not clear at all. I was unable to find any hd/4k Video.

I usually pick the female option when given a choice with human characters and so I may choose female here but I'm not entirely sure yet and think the question is better answered when we know more and the game is released.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Undecided. I played Kassandra in AC:Odyssey and that ended up being the one that everyone said was 'better' in terms of VA/performance.

I guess I'll see what the consensus is in the run up to the game?

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
If I get the chance I usually go for the female option. There are enough games with dude protagonists, so playing with a female protag is always refreshing.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I plan on getting Valhalla on day one, but I think I'll wait for reviews before making my final choice.

Kassandra had so much personality in Odyssey that I honestly can't imagine either character measuring up in Valhalla. I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised in the final game.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
"I picked Alexios in AC:O and will pick female Eivor in ACV"

Wow, I'm so far the only one to vote for this option lol

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost always pick female if I have the option (the only exception being if the female character(s) are so embarrassingly depicted that I don't see them as representation). So yeah, if I play Valhalla I'll pick the female character.

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait until it releases then ask on the OT if they did forced pregnancy like they did in Odyssey. That one is a big yikes for me and the biggest reason I didn't play as kassandra.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I find it surprising how based just on the poll how much more popular Kassandra was for AC:O on Era

I think I read most players overall picked Alexios
Yeah, it's probably just Era since there's less of a stigma to play a woman if you're a man on Era due to the politics of this place, which I like. I'm just surprised that I'm the only one that's going to play a female Eivor after I played Alexios in AC Odyssey

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Kassandra felt like the natural choice for Odyssey, especially in terms of voice acting. I don't like the design or voice acting of the female protag in this one, so I'll go for the male version.

I was hoping for a female character that was inspired by Lagertha but oh well.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I'm still finishing up the Origins DLC, so will get to Odyssey soon (so can't quite answer the poll properly :P ). But I'll be playing Kassandra in Odyssey and female Eivor in Valhalla.

Sylmaron

Oct 28, 2017
Personally I don't mind if a character is male or female but when given a choice I usually pick the male ones.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Just like Sunset Overdrive and AC Odyssey, I'll just pick whomever is the consensus best voice actor.