• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yeah, an '80s Countach. Granted mainly a dream car because of growing up in the '80s and being a Transformers fan but damn that car is a literal pain in the ass.
That was my dream car when I was young. I've always loved the Countach. Then I found out it's kind of a quirky, uncomfortable piece of crap. Watch Demuro's vid on it. I'd take a Muira though.
5_miura_1_sm_0.jpg

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Replace your crank position sensor

Just cant afford to unfortunately. Tyre I could technically take care of myself and the headlights too if I can ever find anyone in the area with the right device but I'm trying to avoid spending on it. I figure this thing will die soon anyway and I never paid a lot for it in the first place but it keeps flying through the MOT somehow.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite, but what I have is good enough.

Recently got a BMW M240i. 6 speed, 335hp. Same engine as the new Supra, so it's quick.

It's really fast, and is more comfortable than an M2 which is harder to daily drive IMO.

So for now, yes, but there's room to grow in the future.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
I would really like to drive one of those Japanese kei cars. But they rarely let those things out of Japan. I've always hated driving big cars. Just shrink an SUV down and I'll try it. I got a Suzuki Ignis which is the closest thing available.

Suzuki Xbee
640x480

OP
OP
Liquor

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
No. My dream car is a Aston Martin V12 Vanquish.

AM bros, stand up!

basically any electric car. gas vehicles suck and the planet. i am surprised a lot of people's dreams cars are gas. kind of depressing when you think about it. i guess i got my dream car. i drive a tesla model S.
You're surprised that in the 100+ year history of combustion engine cars, that people would have dream cars that are... combustion?
"Dream" / Money doesn't matter car / Impractical (Volvo XC90):
l2vMCET.jpg

My wife wants one. I'm going to try and get her one (used, but loved and well taken care of) in the near future.
Not even close OP. But someday..someday..
Keep that dream alive!
I never got into cars at all in my life. I don't care what I drive as long as I get there, and the idea of fetishizing a brand of car as a life goal is so foreign to me.

Some of you guys are doing a lot of projecting. Some people like cars as more than a means to get from A to B. In fact, car design as a whole exist because of it. Otherwise everyone would indeed be driving a box with wheels. And allowing said thing to be a goal; something one may aspire to get or achieve no matter how cheap or expensive is not an issue. There's nothing in your life you want or desire enough to want to work hard enough at? Or is posting on this forum the height of life you sought to achieve?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, just about any other supercar is going to ride pretty similar.

Yeah but a countach is basically an oil burning electrical fire on wheels and extremely cramped and uncomfortable- an Audi R8 - its modern "cheap " cousin is not only infinitely more comfortable and easy to live with, its a much more capable car. The modern equivalent of a countach would be a maclaren I guess- but the Countach, Testarossa and eventually Porsche 959 were somehow more exotic. I can't explain why but that trinity was otherworldly. F40 sort of marked the beginning of the modern supercar era and the 959 had technology on it that seemed impossible. The Countach was a wedge shaped supercar for the kind of mad hooligans who kept white tigers on their yacht.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
My dream car is a WRX STI; I was ready to purchase it but my old beater didn't hold out long enough to put the down payment I was comfortable with. So for now, I drive a Crosstrek. And that's okay. It's just a car, I'll own one one day.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
No, but paying straight cash makes up for it.

2018 Honda Fit

Dream car would probably be a decked out Ram truck, which isn't practical in the urban environment I live in.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I have a dream car. While I could afford some pretty nice cars if I want and I've driven some really really expensive cars in my time, I'm happy taking public transport and never driving a car if I don't have to. I choose to live in cities with great public transport options, like Shanghai or Bangkok. If I ever move to some place without decent infrastructure (back to USA :/) I'll probably look into a dream car at that point, but hopefully it'll just mostly drive me autonomously.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Some of you guys are doing a lot of projecting. Some people like cars as more than a means to get from A to B. In fact, car design as a whole exist because of it. Otherwise everyone would indeed be driving a box with wheels. And allowing said thing to be a goal; something one may aspire to get or achieve no matter how cheap or expensive is not an issue. There's nothing in your life you want or desire enough to want to work hard enough at? Or is posting on this forum the height of life you sought to achieve?

JFC I am glad I made my post as tactful as I could, can't imagine your reaction if I actually said what I really think...

Tlaloc

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want an Audi A4 would be a huge step up from my old Hyundai. I looked at the insurance for a used A4 last night would cost almost as much as the car payment. :(

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I want a Model 3, but my 2007 Lexus ES has been a tank. Truly, overall value is my dream. Bought it in 2010 for under $20k. Today with 235k miles it has only needed the alternator changed when it comes to non-routine maintenance. Plus my grandparents are impressed I drive a Lexus. Bonus.

I also think that model still holds up in appearance for a 12 year old vehicle:

usautomobile_2018-09-21-09-45-49-325_9684080.jpg

985_1227754_17436912_574701072018.jpg

(not my pics)

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I can afford a dream car but that shit is such a waste of money.

I bought a slightly used Lexus for me and my wife and I plan to run them into the ground.

Maybe I will get a Porsche or something cool after I put my kids through school.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The Countach was a wedge shaped supercar for the kind of mad hooligans who kept white tigers on their yacht.
Lambos have that wow impact, but I'm not real fond of them. If I was to go supercar, it would be McLaren or Ferrari. There's just something so pretentious and try hard about Lamborghinis that I don't like.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I have a 10yr old Toyota Corolla that has been paid off from day 1 - it has cost less than $1000 in maintenance...so yes. I hate it, but its perfect (prior cars I owned in my 'prime years (20s)' were a Mustang GT and a Dodge Ram Hemi...sure I liked those cars more, but right now, I'd not dare trade my trusty, slightly beat up, stead for either one.

I'm a 'Car Guy' through and through, I watch car shows all the time on TV, I can wrench on them (I've changed alternators, water pumps, oil, coolant, brakes, radios, speakers, pulled out dents, even plugged my own tires), but at this stage of my life (early 40's, married, kids, house), a car that runs, that cost me nothing is a dream. I can afford nearly anything into the near luxury realm, but now that I know cars are the worst (WORST) investment you can make, I'll just keep rolling in my free car.

Now, if money were no object, I'd have something like a resto modded Chevy Nomad, still need to get the kids to school in something!
sc0516-243321_2@2x.jpg
Are your kids dead??

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It was the second time someone equated having a "dream car" as "fetishizing ...". It's kind of rude.
I dont get why that is the reason people are giving lol. They could say "I hate the sound," "I hate the environmental factors," "I hate that society in [insert country] is based around vehicles"

But they call it fetishing lol.

Congrats man btw, u should post some pics

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
It has a glass roof I can open, leather seats, automatic (which I thought I'd hate but there you go) AC and lots of space.
Don't need/care for more.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Probably the closest I'll ever be which I didn't expect to say. My realistic dream car was to get a Subaru BRZ in world rally blue, since they were announced. I bought a 2013 nearly brand new (17k miles) last year still under warranty. I love it, though I do wish it had a rear camera.

I have a few cars I'd love to own in my time, but I don't see myself doing anything other than owning this BRZ for the time being. Before I bought it I was looking at used S2000's but I'm hoping Honda relaunches those eventually.
Been rebuilding my dream car over the past two years, and now it's finally 99% of the way there:

unf1yUX.jpg
I used to want this until I read into rotary engines. More power to you by all means.
That being said, cars do have good amount of emissions, but whats the point of 1 person not buying an electric car when 15 ships produce more emissions than all the cars in the world.

This article is from 6 years ago, was there anything done regarding this section? The real issue lies with the heavy fuel oil the ships run on and the almost complete lack of regulations applied to the giant exhaust stacks of these container ships. because that is fucked.

OP
OP
Liquor

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I dont get why that is the reason people are giving lol. They could say "I hate the sound," "I hate the environmental factors," "I hate that society in [insert country] is based around vehicles"

But they call it fetishing lol.

Congrats man btw, u should post some pics

I definitely will! I am so close. I want a pre 2012 model, Black exterior with a black interior. There will be a few things I do to it afterwards, but nothing really major. Mechanically it's just fine. Hoping to snag one with the lowest miles I can find.

Wait until you hear my spicy opinions about capitalism and consumerism as a cultural substitute for religion
Maybe one day I will hear you out. I will say I have been driving an AC-less car for 4 years now, saving money, paying off debt, helping others friend and family alike, in hot North Alabama while I patiently (and sometimes not patinaely) hope I could one day be able to get something for myself in this short, not every day is promised to you life. But you know how that goes. Consumerism. and all that.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Living in an urban west coast city I really, really don't need one. My "dream car" is whatever I can get into within seconds on ZipCar.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
My "dream car" would be a late-60's Impala and I don't have one of those. When I was in need of a vehicle in 2013 though after the shitty car I had broke down, I began looking around and the (then) brand new redesign of the Impala caught my eye. I began looking around at a lot of stuff and for a while thought I was going to need to settle for something super-cheap that I didn't want, like a bare-bones Civic or Focus or something. A few things went my way financially and I had enough to get something nice that I actually wanted, and the 2014 Impala was the only thing I wanted. I found some other things that I thought were nice but I decided "I'm getting the new Impala." So I went in with a list of what features, color, and wheel size I wanted and told them to find me one.

So yeah, it isn't my "dream car" but I was in love with it before buying it, still love it, and a, still happy six years later that I'm driving around in a nice car that I wanted instead of just buying whatever was cheapest and making do with it.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
JFC I am glad I made my post as tactful as I could, can't imagine your reaction if I actually said what I really think...

As tactfully condescending as you could?

Seriously man, it came across as pointed and pretty loaded. I say this as someone who doesn't really aspire to anything more than my Corolla.

Dengore

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I was able to purchase my dream car last year and I've had it for nearly 8 months now.

It's a 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Plus in B5 Blue with a 5.7L HEMI backed up by a 6 speed transmission. It has almost every bell and whistle for an RT Plus you could get. Sunroof, blacktop package, premium audio, drivers convenience package, technology package, etc. It doesn't have any of the performance packages because those override the blacktop package and I'm OK with that (the blacktop package does away with almost ALL of the chrome accents). I can always add my own performance parts to it later. I ended up getting a heck of a deal on it too, paid roughly 25k for a car valued at 33k. The only reason I was able to really afford it was due to having two auto accidents; one 2 weeks before christmas in 2017 and then a motorcycle accident 6 months after that. They fixed my car but totaled my bike. I figured, fuck it, I'm done with riding for a while so let's go get my dream car. Between insurance and settlements, I was able to put a hefty down payment towards it.

When I was a kid, my dad had a 70 something Challenger with a slant six and a 3 speed transmission and I used to tell him I'd get myself one when I grew up. Well, these newer Challengers are far more affordable than the classics so that's the route I went with. Plus, after having nothing but shit tier beaters, It's nice to have something newer with fancy features. Automatic windows!? They make such a thing!?

The picture below isn't of my car but its very, very close. That B5 blue it just stunning in-person.

2015-challenger-packages-rt-sport-1.jpg

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I drive a 2013 Mazda3 Hatchback. I bought it new and have it paid off.

Great economy, fully loaded, and reliable. It's not my dream car, but I'm buying a Model 3 or a BMW I8 later this year. Neither are dream cars.

OP
OP
Liquor

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to purchase my dream car last year and I've had it for nearly 8 months now.

It's a 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Plus in B5 Blue with a 5.7L HEMI backed up by a 6 speed transmission. It has almost every bell and whistle for an RT Plus you could get. Sunroof, blacktop package, premium audio, drivers convenience package, technology package, etc. It doesn't have any of the performance packages because those override the blacktop package and I'm OK with that (the blacktop package does away with almost ALL of the chrome accents). I can always add my own performance parts to it later. I ended up getting a heck of a deal on it too, paid roughly 25k for a car valued at 33k. The only reason I was able to really afford it was due to having two auto accidents; one 2 weeks before christmas in 2017 and then a motorcycle accident 6 months after that. They fixed my car but totaled my bike. I figured, fuck it, I'm done with riding for a while so let's go get my dream car. Between insurance and settlements, I was able to put a hefty down payment towards it.

When I was a kid, my dad had a 70 something Challenger with a slant six and a 3 speed transmission and I used to tell him I'd get myself one when I grew up. Well, these newer Challengers are far more affordable than the classics so that's the route I went with. Plus, after having nothing but shit tier beaters, It's nice to have something newer with fancy features. Automatic windows!? They make such a thing!?

The picture below isn't of my car but its very, very close. That B5 blue it just stunning in-person.

2015-challenger-packages-rt-sport-1.jpg
Awesome! And that blue looks fantastic.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
As tactfully condescending as you could?

Seriously man, it came across as pointed and pretty loaded. I say this as someone who doesn't really aspire to anything more than my Corolla.

It could have been worse, but I didn't want to derail the thread with a full blown critique of consumerism in a thread about people's dream purchases.

That is why my post was introspective. "I never got car culture", "fetishising cars is foreign TO ME", instead of lashing out at other people.

Oct 28, 2017
100%

Call me basic, but I'd wanted a Jeep Wrangler my entire life (blame Jurassic Park), and a few years ago I finally got into one. Fire Engine Red.

I don't know if 'vehicle dysmorphia' is a thing, but I finally feel like I'm home after driving several cars over the years that didn't feel right.

Gonna drive this thing til the wheels fall off.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just cant afford to unfortunately. Tyre I could technically take care of myself and the headlights too if I can ever find anyone in the area with the right device but I'm trying to avoid spending on it. I figure this thing will die soon anyway and I never paid a lot for it in the first place but it keeps flying through the MOT somehow.

I'm not sure where exactly you live, but when I replaced my crank sensor I payed $70 for it and it took my 10 minutes to change. If you don't have much money its understandable, but fixing your car is cheaper in the long run over buying a new one. Also volvo's last forever if you maintain them. I have a 1998 S70 with 270k miles and a 1986 240 with 417k miles.

Yeah but a countach is basically an oil burning electrical fire on wheels and extremely cramped and uncomfortable- an Audi R8 - its modern "cheap " cousin is not only infinitely more comfortable and easy to live with, its a much more capable car. The modern equivalent of a countach would be a maclaren I guess- but the Countach, Testarossa and eventually Porsche 959 were somehow more exotic. I can't explain why but that trinity was otherworldly. F40 sort of marked the beginning of the modern supercar era and the 959 had technology on it that seemed impossible. The Countach was a wedge shaped supercar for the kind of mad hooligans who kept white tigers on their yacht.

Being an oil burning electrical fire on wheels is part of what makes it great.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
It's my dream car cause i will never own it cause it would cost like $45k, and I'd rather lease a new car versus buying a 45 year old car that i can't trust (it's an early 1970s Datsun 240Z)

58c8320a3d5f1_Exterior23-1-940x613.jpg

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
No :/, my dream car is a 67 mustang fastback. Closest I got to it was a 2005 mustang gt and 2015 mustang gt fastback.