• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you excited for WB's new Harry Potter RPG?

• Yes

Votes: 365 49.0%
  • No

Votes: 128 17.2%
  • Kinda

Votes: 151 20.3%
  • Not really

Votes: 101 13.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Even though I'm not a Harry Potter fan, I'm pretty interested in this new Harry Potter RPG. I'm looking forward to it's reveal. So are you guys hyped for this Harry Potter RPG? And what are your wants for it? Also if you'd like to know more about this game, here's the details that were leaked with it back in 2018.

variety.com

Leaked ‘Harry Potter’ RPG Is Reportedly Real, Called ‘Magic Awakened’

A BBC journalist says the leaked 'Harry Potter' game is real and it has a name -- "Harry Potter: Magic Awakened."

Set in the 19th Century (1800's) Wizarding World, this 3rd person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared (sic) a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You are a newly arrived 5th year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant (sic) ancient power.

Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins o (sic) brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.

On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts. You will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny – the Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.

FEATURES
– Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types
-Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding world.
-Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.
-Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time, Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.
-Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a (sic) all new story separate from the books or films.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to be excited when we really don't know what the game is going to be like, 3 years is enough time for the game to be totally different now.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I love what iv'e read from the leaks so yeah, i'm about as excited as I can be for an unannounced game

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Acciyes.

Wingardium Leviyesa.

I also wouldn't say no to Quidditch World Cup 2 though.

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So long as JK is relatively hands-off with it and it leans heavily into the story, dialogue, and characters

A lot of it seems "too good to be true" with how free it is, to the extent I'm worried NPCs will fall into simplistic archetypes and not have developed stories of their own. I want full on Persona-style time and social management.

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
I'm not a fan of Harry Potter but very interested in the leaked footage we saw before regardless the game lol

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I think it's super weird it's taken this long to get a proper Harry Potter AAA game.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, super excited. That leaked footake looked amazing and there's so much potential for a mature game taking place in that universe.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Hells yeah.

Especially after that leaked video surfaced. I can't wait to get another glimpse

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Just as long as it stays far away from any sort of Persona-style calendar system.

I've never been a huge Harry Potter fan but Hogwarts as portrayed in the films is a top tier "I want to explore this place" setting for me.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so hyped I'd preorder even if it sucks. Don't care. Just want more Harry Potter games. But I hope it's good :)

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Yes, but I'm still waiting for more details. Current leaked blurb sounds awesome, but who knows how much will change in a complete product.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
not a harry potter fan, but im always kinda hyped for AAA rpg, if the game turns out good i dont mind the setting at all.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Yes. I think it's super weird it's taken this long to get a proper Harry Potter AAA game.

This and the MCU are both hilariously under-utilized.

Like we got one good Spider-Man game because Sony snuck it in around Disney and that's it. It might be that major motion picture studios are really, really fucking bad at managing their extended media licenses.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I'm not expecting it to live up to its potential. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but when all we have is an internet rumor that sounds like a Potter fan's dream game, my gut says it's too good to be true and by the time it launches it'll be scoped down.

Maybe it'll be decent, even good, but I don't expect it to be amazing.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
definitely am
we already know it's not magic awakened though, that's the currently chinese only mobile game

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I have literally 0 investment in Harry Potter, and JK is a horrible TERF... so my interest in the franchise itself is very low.

That footage did look pretty good, though, I can't deny that.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
not yet, it's WB so i need to see how they're handling the inevitable GaaS aspect of it first. and the game itself of course. but the promise of a AAA Harry Potter RPG is dream game material

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since it isn't a sequel and from a developer with a spotty track record, I need to see it properly first.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I dont really enjoy harry potter but im always open to new rpgs and stuff im not used to so as long as I see and hear good things im in

May 26, 2018
I would've been hyped out of my mind in the days of the books, or even the movies. These days it's... Harry Potter is a fun thing from my youth that I spent way too much time caring about.

The game would be popular as fuck, though, and I'd give it a whirl.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I mean, I am not a Harry Potter fan at all (could barely get through the first book and dropped the second half way through, and find the movies to be just mediocre ) but the world does seem very ripe with good video game potential and the leaks seem like it could be pretty enjoyable to unlock new powers and unravel the story.

However, there is nothing official known about the game and without seeing any gameplay (pretty key for a game like this) or having any knowledge of the RPG elements leaves me with a "kind of excited, I guess" mood for the game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I mean, I am not a Harry Potter fan at all (could barely get through the first book and dropped the second half way through, and find the movies to be just mediocre ) but the world does seem very ripe with good video game potential and the leaks seem like it could be pretty enjoyable to unlock new powers and unravel the story.

However, there is nothing official known about the game and without seeing any gameplay (pretty key for a game like this) or having any knowledge of the RPG elements leaves me with a "kind of excited, I guess" mood for the game.

Gameplay leaked in 2018. It looked pretty good.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The 2018 gameplay looked promising, but it depends on what the game ends up being

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
could barely get through the first book and dropped the second half way through, and find the movies to be just mediocre

Quick FYI, the books only starteg getting properly good with the third one with 4-5-6 representing the peak before 7 ended the series with a wimper. 1 and 2 are hardly bad but okay at best.
They're not masterpieces or any sort of high watermark of excellence, but 3~6 are most certainly a good read... just a heads up in case you ever feel the urge to try again.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick FYI, the books only starteg getting properly good with the third one with 4-5-6 representing the peak before 7 ended the series with a wimper. 1 and 2 are hardly bad but okay at best.
They're not masterpieces or any sort of high watermark of excellence, but 3~6 are most certainly a good read... just a heads up in case you ever feel the urge to try again.

I actually prefer early Harry Potter. I liked the wonder of Hogwarts moreso than the "Gotta stop Voldemort" plots. But I guess it couldn't last forever.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
My favourite moments from the Chamber of Secrets Zelda clone was you could explore Hogwarts and go to class. If they could build a game around that (while staying away from the books timeline), I'm down to try it out.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
I actually prefer early Harry Potter. I liked the wonder of Hogwarts moreso than the "Gotta stop Voldemort" plots. But I guess it couldn't last forever.
I prefer early Potter as well mainly for nostalgic reasons, I just don't consider it to be nearly as well written and crafted as the later entries.
Hell, my favorite has always been Chamber of Secrets and it's easily the worst one!

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Love Harry Potter but so long as JK Rowling continues to be a TERF I won't consume her work or works related to her.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Years ago I would be, today among the absurd retcon and that JK Rowling is a TERF and a horrible person, no.