• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think?

• Good design

Votes: 84 16.1%
  • Bad design

Votes: 171 32.8%
  • Could use some redesigning (explain in post)

Votes: 267 51.1%

• Total voters

RedBaron17

Oct 27, 2017
I think its good. I just find it kinda sus that as soon as the 30-year warranty expires all sorts of issues start popping up. And they say you can reach out to Customer Service but all you can do is leave messages hoping for a reply or hoping They work on it on Their end or something.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The whole our DNA degrades the more we use it thing seems like the a bug the devs left in during the multicellular expansion but never got round to patching. Now a fix would pretty much wreck every save file.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but come on, we lack so much physical attributes. At least we have our brains to make up for it, I suppose.

Would still be pog to be able to just raise your body temperature at will, though.
The issue with that is that we have other systems that are hurt with higher internal temps, like the brain for example. Also hurts fertility in males. Evolution just want you pass your seed down lol. That's a success to it lol.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Why feelgood bits also pee?

I think its good. I just find it kinda sus that as soon as the 30-year warranty expires all sorts of issues start popping up. And they say you can reach out to Customer Service but all you can do is leave messages hoping for a reply or hoping They work on it on Their end or something.
Wait there's a warranty?

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Humans are too fragile, prone to all kinds of diseases, grow weaker with age and have a short lifespan.

5/10 ~mediocre

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Some stuff sucks. I'd like to be able to breathe under water. Flying would also be cool.

Big fan of neuro plasticity though. As well as being able to walk on two feet, freeing up my hands to use. Makes a lot of things much easier. Not to mention the opposable thumbs I'm using to type this while I'm on the subway, holding my phone.

Long infancy is more of a feature than a bug. Allows for a lot of time for development, basically making us the the dominant species in the world.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Evolution is moving slowly.
Our tech, social structures, and environment is changing faster than ever before.
We are obviously behind. Our bodies still behave like we are tribesman, hunting & foraging for the most part. Even the way we think is influenced by that.

For the rest: I wish eating wasn't necessary so often.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
we got it better than most animals but we could definitely benefit from inheriting some of nature's crazier traits. gimme a chitinous exoskeleton and the ability to photosynthesize and now we're talking.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It's fucked. Terrible eyesight, useless organs, a spinal column that basically doesn't work. Too much cancer. Too many weak points in the joints and muscles. Needs a complete overhaul.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
The fact that something so tiny I can't even see can enter my body and wreak absolute havoc says that the design is massively flawed and needs a lot of work. Even dumb shit like allergies.

Oct 28, 2017
The issue with that is that we have other systems that are hurt with higher internal temps, like the brain for example. Also hurts fertility in males. Evolution just want you pass your seed down lol. That's a success to it lol.

Already consigned myself to being childless (adoption is the only option considering the planets future), but theres another thing. Ballsacks. So exposed. At least make them retractable. I know they hang out for thermal reasons but you could just let em hang out for a bit, as a treat (and ventilation), but otherwise, suck em inside for protection.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Our spines could use some work, hanging testes is a weird choice, and the wiring of our hands is super confusing, but otherwise not bad. Good job God.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
can we, as a species, please rethink joints. and backs. joints and backs. I don't see why they should hurt this much.
also can we get our hands into a state in which they don't get obliterated by the most common form of work we do, that would be GREAT.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I could have had an extension outlet for a cool ass tail or something
you're in luck!
Anal-Plug-Fox-Tail-Stainless-Steel-Butt-Plug-Cat-Tail-Anal-Plug-Fox-Tail-Cosplay-Anal.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Too much small debilitating bullshit, and too high maintenance in other ways. Shit like eczema, or asthma, bacterial infection, or having to constantly maintain teeth and keep fed.

I would take the android body. Gimme.

Android bodies would have the same exact problems, except arguably worse. Needing to make sure that metal isn't rusting or dented/broken (vs. human body being resilient and self-healing), being limited by chip performance and needing to upgrade every x years.

OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This is what the human body is capable of:

Just because we are couch potatoes, doesn't mean there is a flaw in the design. and most of the 'flaws' we have are due to us taking care of the weaker ones and their genes carrying over to the next generations. If we were like other animals, we all, well those of us who would survive, would have been built like Greek gods.

But an ant can lift 100x its bodyweight. Image if we were designed to do that.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'm content. It would be nice if we were stronger, faster and could secrete an adhesive sweat at will like spiderman's grip so we'd be less vulnerable to fuck ups.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Our wind pipe being where it is and how it works and us being able to easily choke is a big flaw that needs patched.

BigGreenMat

Nov 2, 2017
Use it or lose it is the theme of evolution. The sad fact is that most of us really shouldn't be alive right now. Our problems mean we aren't meant to survive, but we are propped up by our destruction of the rest of the living world.

Feb 16, 2018
it's a more complex and fault-tolerant machine than anything our collective efforts have been able to produce

if it is bad, then what can be considered good?

evolution is incredible

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Some people see the human eye as so complex it proves that God is real, I see the sinuses and conclude that Satan is real.

NIN64

Banned
Jun 22, 2021
No, not really…. I'm fat everywhere on my body except my penis………

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Human design is like when you put all your character points into int and everything else gets neglected.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
It is impressive that we can walk basically on two sticks but then also one wrong step and falling could mean our death.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Hey, you know what's a great design? Requiring 8ish hours of downtime a day to function properly. Want to start it now? No dice, first you gotta get comfy, then close your eyes, hope it's not too bright, hope you can get in a comfy position, and then hope your brain turns off. You have little control over it. Also you can get woken up by a nightmare in the middle of it.

Not thrilled that the body feels a need to have pain and warnings go off all the time until resolved either. I get it, I need to pee, but I can't pee, can I set this alarm to snooze for a bit so I can find a restroom?

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- pharynx constructed so we choke easily
- appendix does nothing but cause problems
- wisdom teeth
- One hole for air, food and water.
- tail bone yet no tail
- retina designed fucking backwards
- knees and spine too weak pls buff
- no retractable wolverine claws

5/10. workable at best.

- Only ways of regulating temperature is either sweating or pumping more blood.
- We can manually operate certain functions like our sphincter, breathing and blinking, but not others like heart and liver metabolism?
- Regeneration is borked. We can regrow hair, nails, and skin, but not bones, teeth, organs, or large muscle structures?
- Our eyes are so back asswards, it's a miracle they even work. The jelly blobs see an absolutely tiny spectrum of light, and we need our brains to fool us to even view imagery right side up.
- The body uses bio-electric currents to be able to handle major functions like brain activity, our gut, and our nervous system. However, we can't use send out electric current like some eels, and we can't sense electrical fields like many marine animals.
- We're pound for pound one of the weakest animals on land. :(
- Is there any other animal on earth that we know of that has painful birth like the human woman?
- Our offspring is brutally helpless for years after birth.
- Is the human male the only mammal without a retractable penis?
- Testicles. Ugh.
- As everyone else has said: WHY is all the fun stuff next to where we poop? And why are happy fun nerves located IN the canal where we poop???

Pooping shouldn't be daily imo. Everyone you see took a steaming grizzly dump at some point in the day.
Says you! I MAYBE poop 3 times a week. ;_;

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
I see no reason why we couldn't have more arms/hands. Almost no negative, all positive.

4 would be ideal, Goro style.

Our spine needs some work as well.

OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There are animals that regenerate full limbs or even parts of their brains but here we are arguing toilet behaviour and snacks. Yet people say we maxed int.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Why are my balls so exposed? Why can't they be further inside my body?

Also why stuffy noses? Do they even serve a purpose?

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
What a question. Something I'm literally stuck in and I never considered it a design. It is what it is.

But, I wish sleep wasn't a required function. Could get so much more done. However, the feeling after a good night's sleep and rest is magnificent.

Waste management could be improved. No need for further elaboration.

Sometimes I think within the creation of the Universe, anything was possible. But, rules are seemingly in place to to limit us in what is probably a limitless Universe. I just wanna fly tbh.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
overall the human body is phenomenal, even compared to other "sophisticated" animals. I would tone down the immune system by a bit and do something about joints but I don't know what (fuck knees and shoulders).

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
To all the people pointing out that the human body wasn't designed, consider this: treating the human body as if it was designed is one of the most hilariously simple ways to discredit intelligent design. Any random dweeb on the internet could improve upon God's supreme plan.

The breathing tube

is next to

the eating tube.

Nothing more really needs to be said. It's a bad design.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I'm amazed at my body sometimes, actually. I had an accident a few weeks ago, I was trying to dislodge a lemon squeezer in a drawer and didn't notice a vegetable peeler was under it stuck as well. The guard was not on (should have been, It must have got knocked off), so when the squeezer moved it pushed the peeler into my thumb and it cut my thumb with the peeling edge like carrot, and it went pretty deep. It bled for a couple hours even with pressure applied. I was tempted to go get stitches, but I bandaged it up as well as I could and decided to wait it out. As bad as it was I had a feeling it would heal if I treated it right.

Lo and behold... that shit is completely healed now and I can't even tell a cut was there. Pretty ordinary experience you might think... but sometimes I'm just amazed at how well our body can deal with its own problems.

So yeah, there's a lot of things worth changing, but sometimes just appreciate what it's good at, cause it's good at a damn lot.

Burbank

Sep 9, 2018
Pangea
I don't like the ring finger, get rid of it. Thumb is for grabby, pointer for pointing, middle for "fuck off", and little finger is cute af. Ring finger though, what the fuck does that do, you put rings on it? You can do that with every finger. Fuck off. Change it to a claw so I can itch myself real good and also press the reset buttons on devices you usually need a pencil to do. Itchy claw would be way better.

What's stopping you big talker?

Tbro777

Nov 24, 2017
I was laying in bed trying to sleep and this thread popped in my head, why does our body have to breath every second of every day? Should have been designed to somehow just absorb oxygen from the air.