• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you tip?

• Yes

Votes: 62 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,818 96.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
34 people tipping their delivery driver? What? Is that normal in your country? How do you think that's going to go down?

In the UK at least, if I tried to hand a delivery guy cash they'd just be confused.

coughlanio

Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
34 people tipping their delivery driver? What? Is that normal in your country? How do you think that's going to go down?

In the UK at least, if I tried to hand a delivery guy cash they'd just be confused.

Exactly. The only situation I could see this being remotely socially acceptable here in the UK is if you have the same postman or delivery driver every day, and you somehow decide at Christmas to give them a Christmas card with a little something in it. Even then that's a bit weird.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
lol no. Half the time they deliver it to the wrong door and the other half of the time they toss the package down, hit my door a few times and leave. I rarely actually interact with them.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
ok ive been holding back but these next gen threads are getting so weird.
Will you do this and this if this and this happens or that and that if that and that happens...

but no, i wont tip the person.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Exactly. The only situation I could see this being remotely socially acceptable here in the UK is if you have the same postman or delivery driver every day, and you somehow decide at Christmas to give them a Christmas card with a little something in it. Even then that's a bit weird.

At the minute my delivery drivers seem to have no concept of social distancing so they're lucky if I don't shout at them / report them.

Seriously, half the time they knock and literally just wait 1 foot away from my door. Even when I've given explicit instructions to leave the package on the door.

I had covid 3 weeks ago and one of the delivery drivers made me go to my front door to take a photo. Even happens with items with no significant value, like food deliveries, even when I've selected the option on their website, to leave the delivery on the doorstep. They just knock and wait...

I get it, they need proof of delivery, but they need to be able to respect social distancing too. I had a delivery driver do this 3 weeks back when I actually had covid and was essentially incapacitated. I told him this through the window and yet he still asked me to come outside and stand at the door so he could take a photo.

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
I don't know if they are allowed to take the money here in Germany, wouldn't surprise me if it's illegal.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
With how most deliveries happen at my place the fuckers will just throw it by the front door without even ringing the bell...

KillaKap

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't even if I wanted to unless we met at the same time. I'll most likely come get it from my building concierge

Truckondo

Oct 25, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
I've only seen this happen in small business when you have the same UPS or FedEx person coming by every day or so but typically they would be given a gift basket with cheese, salami, and crackers.