• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you keep your consoles after upgrading to next-gen?

• Yes

Votes: 233 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 200 43.1%
  • I'll keep one (if you have both an Xbox One and a PS4)

Votes: 31 6.7%

• Total voters

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
If most games will be backward compatible, is there a reason to hold on to these consoles other than to collect them? I'll probably trade both of mine in so I don't have to pay the rest of my PS5 in cash.

Curious as to how many people are going to keep theirs and why you may keep it!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Nah sold my one x and pro and I'll grabbing both new ones. Series X and normal PS5.

If the Jim Ryan 99% quote is bull crap I'll be pissed, I'm one of the people who still has a ps3 connected and I collect for it regularly. If it is crap I'll get another ps4 pro before they stop production. Hopefully it isn't.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Yes. I only resell if I need the money, and fortunately I don't at the moment. I stopped getting rid of video games after the tenth time I regretted selling a now-high-value item.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'll put my PS4 Pro and my Xbox One S in the living room. The PS5 and eventual Series X will go in the theater room

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, getting rid of both. No need (unless P.T. isn't compatible on the PS5).

I only keep consoles whose libraries aren't compatible with other systems.

nadbmal

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I'm probably gonna lend my PS4 out to friends and family who wants to play some exclusive but i don't think i'll sell it.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Every console and computer I've had in the past (pre Xbox 360) are gone and there's never a day that I don't regret it...

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
The one x is great for 4k media...so yes it'll stay on the other tv while the series x takes over the good tv. I wouldn't mind trading my ps4 in though. I'll have no need for it whenever i get the ps5.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still have my PS3 and 360 around as there are still exclusive games I want to play. That won't be the case with PS4.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes. For multiple reasons:

1) If I sold them, what would I get for it really? $100 at this point? I'd rather have the console
2) Could setup in multiple rooms or loan to friends/family
3) I own physical games, so it's nice to have a device that can always play them
4) I like collecting shit

I own all my old consoles for forever. Yeah I could have made money selling things along the way, but once money isn't a problem, these things have sentimental value to me and I'd honestly rather own the consoles. I have games from every generation I could play on real hardware, anytime. It's nice.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Yes, I have kids plus what if u
I have to send a PS5 or XSX in for repairs? I can still play most games on those consoles for a good year.

Feb 9, 2018
The only systems I ever got rid of was my Game Boy, which I later regretted, and my Xbox One, which I traded in towards a One X. While both next-gen systems are backwards compatible with current-gen games, there's probably going to be at least some titles that aren't, so they'll probably not be totally redundant. Besides, if I ever get a second TV I could always use them in the other room.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Nope, trading in an Xbox S + X to help fund the series X to replace them.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Nope. In fact I'll try to sell my Pro a little before PS5 release. There's no reason to me to have the Pro once I have a PS5.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I currently own an One X and OG Xbox One.

I'm gonna give the OG One to my brother, and I'll shift the One X to it's place.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
Sold my One S AD last week for some pretty good money.
My PS4 Pro is going on sale as well. Still debating when I should sell it: 1-2 weeks before ps5 launch or just wait till I have the ps5 in my hands.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
They'll both go on to live as my wife's gaming station.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If XSX is 100% back compat with Rock Band 4 and the Legacy Adapter, then I'm not going to keep my XBO.

If it isn't, then I'm keeping it.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
Keeping my PS4 pro for my bed room, I want to give my regular PS4 to either my best friend or my brother but I'm having a real hard time deciding which.

Florian

Apr 4, 2018
I sold my Xbox when I bought the 360 and it was a huge mistake! I kept my 360 and I will keep my PS4.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I always put the old consoles upstairs in my computer room once I hook the new ones up to the TV. That being said, I'll then sell the OG PS4 and Xbox One S that is already up there. No reason to keep those.

Also, I'll still need the PS4 Pro for PSVR unless the adapter cable is included in the PS5 box, which I doubt.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, for a while at least. I'll probably end up giving them away (Xbox One X and PS4 Pro) to family or something.

I still have a Day One Xbox One and a launch PS4 too. I don't know what I'll do with those, lol.

Shane M

Avenger
Jan 1, 2018
Thorold, Ontario, Canada
I traded in my Xbox One X at the time I pre-ordered the Series X. I still have all my old consoles but with next-gen having near perfect backward compatibility I'm glad I'll never have to deal with this generation's janky consoles again.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
Heck no, the only reason I'm able to get a Series X is because I can sell my One X to pay for a significant portion of it. There's also no reason to hold on to my One X since the Series X plays all of my games, and plays them better.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, the only reason being storage.

I have a PS4 Pro with a internal 2TB, and an external I think 6TB? They are constantly full due to how many games I have. Getting that much space plus the additional space for PS5 games on the PS5 doesn't sound cheap at all.

Maybe someday when it _is_ cheap, I can phase out my PS4 Pro, but until then it's stuck with me.