• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you going to get MKL:HC?

• Yes

Votes: 95 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 613 73.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 114 13.6%
  • Whats a Mario Kart?

Votes: 15 1.8%

• Total voters

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Guys, Im seriously considering getting MK live. I think its something I have never seen before, and it could be something to revitalise my love for games. My son is going to love it for sure.

What do you think? Does it look promising to you? Too expensive and gimmicky?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Importing is out of question
IF it ever gets officially released here it will probably cost a kidney

so no

Also I live in a small apartment so it is not like i have the space =P

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
No. Between the couple rugs I got in my living room and a step in the hallway that basically would wall off each room, I just don't have the space for it.
The price doesn't help either, and it seems like a gimmicky thing.

I'll be here waiting for Mario Kart 9 whenever that happens.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Im also living in a small flat, not sure how it will affect the game...

www.nintendolife.com

First Impressions: Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit

Don't get RC about it, you might like it

Nintendo is keen to stress that Mario Kart Live is perfectly playable in more compact environments ("at least 3.5 x 3 metres", or 10x12 feet, is what Nintendo suggests) – a claim which we'll be sure to investigate once we have the final version in our hands.

some sites say that this is for 150cc and that smaller CCs require less

painey

Oct 27, 2017
just looks like something that is fun once or twice, but not worth the hassle or deep enough to go back to often.

APL

Jan 8, 2020
I dont have hard wood floors...or the space, the price is too high and my kids would have the same fun with a drone or rc car for 1/10th the price.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
I'm debating it. My worry is after messing around with it a couple times I'll get bored of it. I wish there would be a way to try before I buy but with COVID that's going to be impossible.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The novelty of being "real" will wear off quickly, and you'll be left with a shit-handling, and expensive, Mario Kart game that's a ball ache to set up.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, seems like something that I'll get bored with after 5 minutes, even tho MK is one of my favourite series.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It looks like fun but I'm definitely not the target audience for it and barely have the space to make it work, so I'll probably pass.

Might grab it for my nephews, though.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
If a) I didn't have a dog that would destroy the RC car, and b) if my friends were interested in it, I probably would. However, neither of those criteria have been fulfilled, so it's not happening for me.

el jacko

Dec 12, 2017
I really don't see who's gonna buy this. Certainly not the typical Japanese household.
I think it'll be popular enough with kids' houses. A family that can afford this kind of gift will live in a house large enough for the kids to go crazy on the first floor.

Anyway, if I had kids I'd get one for them, but I don't need this for myself.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Based on impressions it looks like a proto Mario Kart maker. I'm interested, particularly if it winds up being popular enough to make custom tracks a thing in MK9.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to take it to work and use it around my office/outside but my apartment is quite limited and outside the apartment is begging for random dogs or passersby to fuck with it.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Since it seems the cars are bound to the switch it is a no for me. Would perhaps consider it, when you could play with them with a regular remote as well.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I'm very tempted, more cause I'd like to own the rc car than anything else. Pretty sure I would play it once and then get tired of it lol

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I really wish I could, but I would have no place for it realistically. If I was a little kid though I am sure I would try to bribe some teachers to let me set it up in classrooms or something though.

Looking forward to videos by rich kids and the like though!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It's neat, and maybe it'd be fun to have my cats chase it around... or the other way around.

But $100 USD ain't happening, not with a bunch of other purchases happening this year.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Nice idea, but like all AR games, it will be nothing more than that. Imo it's just a new way to sell expensive accessories 🤷🏼

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Looks super neat, also something I'll never buy. Cool for those that have the space/money/people to play it with.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
If it had support for 2 karts on one switch I would have definitely considered it.