• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you be getting a Xbox Series S?

• Yes. I want a cheap Gamepass machine.

Votes: 163 18.3%
  • Yes, but only after I get a PS5.

Votes: 44 4.9%
  • No. PS5 only.

Votes: 326 36.6%
  • No. Xbox Series X only.

Votes: 313 35.1%
  • I'll just wait for the Switch Pro.

Votes: 45 5.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep. Surprised me too.

Also surprised by Series X ahead of PS5.

why? there was no poll option for getting both PS5 and Seeies X so I interpreted it as for for PS5 if you're not getting an Xbox at all

Since I'm getting a Series X and PS5 I instead voted for Series X so it would be recorded that I preferred the X

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I have a PC so my initial reaction is to say no, but you can't play Xbox or x360 games on the PC. Things like Rare Replay are stuck on Xbox One as well.
I don't see them adding that stuff to PC so the Xbox Series S might be worth it just for backwards compatibility.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I have no need for a next-gen console gimped right out the gate. The monetary discount is not enough for a product that all but defeats the purpose of a next-gen console in the first place.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
It depends.

I have a huge back catalog of 360/One games on digital and I'm gonna need a bigger hard drive than 512GB. However, I found out my 2TB external hard drive will be fine for running non-Series S/X games (those require the SSD drives). So if I'm only putting Series games on the internal drive, I'll be fine.

My thing is if I can get on Xbox All Access, I'll get an X. If I can only just buy outright, I'll get an S. I have a 39" 1080P TV that I'm currently happy with and am not looking to pay $500 upfront when $300 will do fine.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I want a PS5, but I also want the next Doom and Elder Scrolls games and don't want to spend a fortune in order to play them, so I actually might have to once it starts getting sales/going used.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I had assumed all along that whatever Lockhart would be was going to be a solid option as my re-entry into owning an Xbox after being lapsed for a generation. I had no idea they would come up so short on RAM and memory bandwidth, which pretty much strikes it from contention for me. If in a couple of years there are some solid exclusives I'll go ahead with a Series X. Otherwise I'll pass again.

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I think by the time I'm ready to invest in Xbox there will likely be a pro mode out, so I'd either go for that or whatever the x is at that point.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Sexy console, I'm buying it opposed to a series X as I consider myself a casual gamer and I'm using it as a gamepass machine

I'll be honest though, if it was magically launching at $250 USD, it would be totally nuts. I think by next year it's possible that it can hit $250. Either $250 usd or 750gb storage and it would've been perfect.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
No, and as long as Microsoft keeps putting most of their games on PC, I'll likely not buy another one of their consoles. Going to get a PS5 (whenever they are actually available...) and potentially the Switch "Pro" next year if it gets released then.

Sep 12, 2018
I have almost zero reason to get either Xbox because I kind of already have them in the form of my two gaming PCs upstairs and downstairs. One being a 1080p couch machine in a small case and the other a tank with an i9 CPU and RTX card in it. Them coupled with Game Pass is already excellent for what I want and I've pre-ordered the PS5 for its exclusives.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Is there a "You damn skippy! Right along with my Series X".

Unmoses

Mar 22, 2018
Pre-ordered an X for my 4k TV, and an S for my bedroom (or nephew for Christmas if I'm low on gifts lol). I also have a big gaming rig too.. That's usually my main but sometimes I just enjoy the ease of 4k couch gaming. Gamepass is making my life pretty easy to switch seats now ;)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty decent chance, it'll be a Game Pass box, so would be 100% Digital regardless and I couldn't give a fuck about 4K. Will depend on how it performs, Xcloud and whether I decide on if I wanna build a PC in the near future, instead of getting the twins and barely using 1.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
I'd be tempted if it wasn't digital-only. Not every game will be on Game Pass, and physical games are so much cheaper here that even with the low price I'm not sure it's worth it in the long run.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
If I could play my disks on it I would have bought a series S. It was cheaper for me to buy a series X than it would be to re-purchase those games on digital.

Omniblack

Jul 10, 2020
I'd love one for the size etc. definitely not getting one at launch(series X instead). Never say never I guess, but next console probably a ps5(switch pro other option) after some more of their exclusives release and drop in price.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Yep got one for my kids room.
Lucky they play a lot of Minecraft, Roblox and Fortnite do should run them really well.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I don't have a 4k TV. The lack of a disc drive irks me a little, but only a little--most of my recent buys have been digital. Honestly, unless I hear word of mouth that it's performance is substantially worse than the X, beyond just not being able to do 4k, I'm probably going to go for the Series S over the X.