• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Because I don't feel very patriotic right now and I can't imagine a lot of people are either.

How can we celebrate freedom when so many people's freedoms are being taken away?

So I don't know what to do with my family (haven't heard any plans) but I just….

I'm just tired

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
My fucking HOA drives around my neighborhood putting flags in everyone's front lawns. I just threw mine away. My HOA is also managed by a company called "Faith Property Management" so I am sure they are bunch of MAGA assholes.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Just enjoy the time off from the rat race and have a good time. No need to put a flag on.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
My SO and I are driving to CT from NYC to see my parents and set up their new OLED. Lobster Rolls and lots of free food. My Newfie gets to chill with his littermate/brother, Ralph. Should be fun as this is the first time I've visited my rents since they've become empty nesters.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
It's gonna be a nice weekend and we have a couple parties plus city fireworks.

I don't think it was ever about patriotism for me. It's just a 3 day weekend in the middle of the summer and a lot of stuff is going on. I'd imagine the same for most?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Gonna be enjoying the sounds of the fireworks echoing through the neighborhood all night. Much like the rain, the booms and pops relax me.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Well, for (I'm going to say most) Black people in the US, the 4th ain't never had shit to do with patriotism, and it damn sure ain't got shit to do with freedom.

It's the day we cook outdoors and let off mild explosives.

Which is what I'll be doing.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
My brother in law's family has a place on a lake so I'll probably head out there for a while and do lake things.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I took next week off work. I dont go back until the 7th. I'm going to relax and avoid people as best I can, and play video games until my eyes bleed. I'm going to have to get my hair cut at some point though.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
I live in one of these rare cities near San Francisco that actually allows safe and sane fireworks. This just means lots of illegal shit will be going off all night as well as some gunfire peppered in there. Its not really about patriotism here and more just about parties, amazing food and explosions.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Store bought fireworks and food. Every city canceled their fireworks celebrations.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm unsure. I have two young daughters who would love seeing fireworks, but I am just so damn dejected with the state of things.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Might be getting drunk with some friends and watching some movies + grilling a bit, but I think it's supposed to rain here that day so it'll probably be a chill day inside

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
We're wrapping up a 7 day road trip vacation tomorrow. We should be home in the early evening and we will not go back to work until Tuesday. The whole family is just whipped. We have zero plans for those next 3 days. I guess we'll cookout or something, but it will be super low key as we recover from this vacation.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Just playing some video games. Will NOT be going to see any of the family that live in town.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
e6c.jpg

(have a job interview this week so I'm staying home while the wife is at her parents lake property)

Jul 26, 2018
I haven't even celebrated 4th for like the last 4 or 5 years. Haven't seen fireworks shows for like 7 years by now.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Was going to go to Lake Lanier this weekend but a lot of my friends can't make it. So dealing with possible food poisoning/nausea from Willy's that I hopefully will get over soon. May go to Krog Street Market or Ponce City Market instead once I know I'm feeling better.

I got asshole neighbors that will be shooting off fireworks near cars (including mine) in a parking lot. I guess they don't mind if it goes wrong and catch a car on fire.

Oct 27, 2017
Staying home. Trying to keep my cats from freaking out should it turn into a warzone out there. Hopefully not as it's illegal to shoot fireworks off now here, but we'll see how much that is enforced.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Watch something on a streaming platform or two. Play a video game. Maybe read a few comics. I don't really have any plans.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Just relax and enjoy a chill day. Don't feel like celebrating this country either.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Usually don't plan anything since neither my wife or I give a crap about the day, but it's her cousin's birthday, so we usually visit to celebrate.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
My mom organizes a day of backyard games dividing the family into teams to compete. A great effort on her part. Used to be 4 teams of 2 but has grown to about 3 teams of 6. Been doing it since 1990 with only a few years missed.

At night, my brother in law puts on a pretty legit firework show for the neighborhood.

Also, definintely gotta watch Jean Shepherds's "The Great American 4th of July and Other Disasters."

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
Nope and I'll be working anyways, so it's not like I can appreciate the time off. Also really resent how badly fireworks mess with pets; it's a lot of avoidable pain.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
There's not much to celebrate right now.
Particularly not now since this country is being actively hostile against my gender.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm working so nah. Don't really celebrate anyways (nothing to celebrate either), it's usually find a cookout going on around me to chill for a bit. Haven't set off fireworks or went to a show in years.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I'll watch a firework or two from my deck since the local park where they put on the show is pretty close, but otherwise, god no. 4th of July is a mediocre holiday in the best of times.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Safely introducing my 4 year old to fireworks. As in, he'll be a long ways away while I light them

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah we all get together BBQ and shoot fireworks.

It's never really been about celebrating america for us it's more we only get the whole family together a few times a year event.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The day of, I'll be at work. The day before, either just hang out with my friend chilling, eating, & watching stuff, or if he can't make it, visit my dad who's doing a cook out.

But honestly, it's never been a holiday that I tend to care about/go out of my way to celebrate unless someone else is doing something. If anything, I feel less motivated to celebrate it given all the shit lately.