• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you getting Google Stadia?

• Yes

Votes: 65 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 306 49.4%
  • I need to see more to decide

Votes: 246 39.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I enjoyed the Project Stream beta test so I think I will sub depending on the pricepoint. I already have a Chromecast and a Shield TV.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it's a very interest concept, and I have the internet capabilities for it, but I just have no need for a streaming system. I'm someone who loves having control of what he owns.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
How can anyone know what there is to 'get' yet?

If, say, for example:
  • The revenue model is a subscription service
  • The price is $14.99 a month or less
  • The lineup is good
  • The controller is $60 or less
Then I'm in. But if any of those are points are different in reality, we will have to see how and why, and I will have to think about it.
You don't even need the Google controller, any controller would work. So yeah, if it's a $15 subscription service with good lineup, I'll be in.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Depends. I want to demo how well it would work on my network and of course I need to see what price there is if any.

Oct 29, 2017
tenor.gif

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. Streaming only eliminates it and watching their reveal announcement via Easy Allies, it all sounds like empty promises as of now anyway. They would have to wow me in terms of pricing and games for me to even consider changing my mind. As of now though, im more negative and pessimistic than I was before the reveal announcement.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Pro Controller and multiple devices that run Chrome. I'm 99.9% sure I'll check out a free trial but I'll always have Nintendo/Sony consoles for exclusives so unless Google exclusive games can wow me not sure I'll be subscribing. I like all the features, but not relevant enough to me at this point in my life to make it a platform of choice for multi-plats.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that the whole point? You don't need to get anything. It removes this whole "hmmm, you need to impress me company XYZ to get me to buy your console, they really need to impress me at E3, etc. etc. etc." stuff out of the way.

There probably are as many or more people on Resetera that can run Stadia right now without having to pay a penny on new hardware as there will be PS5 owners on this site.

One of the smartest things Google did was not mandating a streaming box or even having to buy the official Google controller. That takes the whole "hmm I dunno if I want to go to Best Buy or GameStop and drop even $99.99 on Google Stream Box + Google Official Controller" barrier to entry.

Anyone with a computer/lap top that can run a Chrome browser already basically has the hardware necessary. If you got a 25mbps internet connection and live in one of the available countries ... you have access to Stadia.

Now you'll just be watching a Youtube video and they'll probably give you the option to demo a lot of the games out on the service. There's no "gee do I want to invest in this console maker" dilemma really, they've removed all that.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Considering the lack of information out there right now about the product, please use one of the existing threads to discuss Stadia.

Status
Not open for further replies.