• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you expect?

• They will announce a remaster.

Votes: 57 6.0%
  • Some meaningless tweets and maybe a video.

Votes: 351 36.9%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 508 53.4%
  • Mass Effect 3 and the missing DLCs going to Steam.

Votes: 35 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
So someone notified me the reason the servers are down now is because it's running on an old-old system that the older BF games used, and chances are it's getting too old to be maintained.
Which would explain why people who have made more recent accounts being unable to directly join off of each others.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You will get a hastily put together blog by Casey Hudson and a sale on old ME merch on the bioware store.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil

Good avatar. Also, I tried the controller mods for all three games recently and they are just as good as the real thing. (I had tried them in the past and had not liked them)

You will get a hastily put together blog by Casey Hudson and a sale on old ME merch on the bioware store.

You're probably right. Something about Mass Effect being very special for them, great story and characters, some remark about passionate fans and that people should look foward to its future.

Oct 30, 2017
Casey Hudson will make some unsubstantial post about potentially revisiting the ME universe someday and will toast Bioware's attempts in keeping the bloated corpse of Anthem from stinking too bad.

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
A big nothing, though I voted for the tweet. We'll probably see something in two years after DA4 starts looming closer to release.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Ok slow down there Boomer.....Mass effect is an old dead franchise, jeez.....why would anyone do anything special about it in 2019?

tenor.gif

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
This thread is cold hard truth and facts lol. Funny, I loaded up Anthem just to fly around in Freeplay. A seasonal event started and another player joined (GM3). I happen to die and respawn, no biggie. After a 10-15 second load screen it drops me no where near the event. I closed the game. The end.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Yay! Someone made a thread! I've been thinking about this and I really want them to announce the remaster (Although 1 needs to be more of a remake imo).

Every N7 I think this will be the day they announce it and then they never do. Now this year EA has said the thing that has restored my hope by saying they are looking into that remaster thing for their games.... and tomorrow my hope will be crushed when nothing is announced.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We will get nothing meaningful. Not sure Quarian DLC for Andromeda, no Trilogy Remaster, no reboot of the Andromeda premise but with good management and direction. NOTHING!

Only some meaningless fan service in Anthem to suck up the last pennies of their Stockholm players in Anthem.

ridaxan

Oct 29, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
If it wasn't for the fact that the bioware merch store closed last year, I would have been hoping for a sale on merch. I always liked the N7 styled shirts and hoodies that was available, sadly it does seem like all good things must come to an end.

I wouldn't mind a reminster though.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
With each passing year now it becomes really clear Mass Effect is genuinely dead. Like, I realize Andromeda was "only" two years ago, but that flopped so hard any attention ME got went away forever. The fact that they won't even re-master the original trilogy is proof they don't even care enough to do the bare fucking minimum.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I want to play the series, but my poor little Mac can't run them, and I don't own it on console.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
A whole lot of nothing for a franchise that could have spawned multiple stories in multiple directions. In the end we got Andromeda which tanked the franchise for the time being.