• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you expect?

• They will announce a remaster.

Votes: 57 6.0%
  • Some meaningless tweets and maybe a video.

Votes: 351 36.9%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 508 53.4%
  • Mass Effect 3 and the missing DLCs going to Steam.

Votes: 35 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
November 7th 2020 will be a remaster announcement for PS5/XboxNext/Origin/Steam.

November 7th 2019 will be a tweet about nothing.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Expecting? Nothing at all. Probably just the skins they already announced for Anthem.

But the dreamer in me wants that Mass Effect trilogy remastered collection for modern consoles, so I voted for that option. I also feel that it would be some easy points for BioWare in getting some much needed good-will back (but I'm sure people would find a thousand faults with the remasters anyway). I just hope in that case that they change the difficulty trophies for the first game and make them stack, boy was it stupid having to complete the full game (at least) two times.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Mass Effect on Switch would be all I would care about. They've done jack for years and even the one before Andromeda was underwhelming.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I'm not expecting anything more than a tweet, but if they confirm a trilogy remaster I'd be so happy.

I really think ME1 needs a big overhaul to combat though at the very least, and ME3 still needs a patch that allows imported FemSheps from 1 and 2 to carry over their correct faces. We'll see if they can put that much effort into the collection, but... I have very low expectations. The trilogy needs a lot of work imo, and nostalgia covers a lot of flaws.

BIVrd.jpg
We can all dream about our bunnies and rainbows for that trilogy remaster or "director's cut" editions we want... but let's be real, a remaster, running through third parties, EA's negligent playtesting and mismanaged release planning and such, I would immediately expect a "remaster" of Mass Effect to be the worst versions yet, even if it's great to have on modern consoles.

Also, one of their writers commented on the face import woes back when the game launched. He wrote that some point relatively late in production they implemented a new face system that was "theoretically" (his words) supposed to make things look better while technically cutting down on the poly count, and that's what the game does but once they implemented it, it screwed the pre-existing face animations and morphs up completely and that's why they ended up changing so many face designs in ME3. They actually attempted to recreate what they had before but their new system screwed everything up, but it also reduced framerate spikes on Xbox 360 which is what they wanted.

llLeonhart

Oct 21, 2019
Best scenario I see is a remaster. Since EA said they are more interested in remastering old games.

Most probable is absolutely nothing.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
That's kinda what I was thinking. Nobody cares about Mass Effect anymore.

And yes, Me3's ending still sucks, and it will never not suck.
The only reason it doesn't matter anymore is because they messed up twice and stopped promising new games for 2 years. When MEA was about to release there was still a lot of hype and support and very casual gamer friends I knew from campus were going like "it's gonna be so dope!". The problem is they screwed up right when Mass Effect felt as if it was about to hit that golden age, the way something like Uncharted did it by making Uncharted 3.

But yeah, let's be real. Tomorrow will be a video of the 3-5 old people left at BioWare still talking about "how amaaazing Mordin was" and Casey spinning 1080 degrees in his chair going "Weeeeee!"

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love a trilogy remaster done in the style of the Uncharted Collection (where they apply some improvements from later games back to the earlier ones), but I'm not expecting anything tomorrow. It's too soon following EA's announcement.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
- Mass Effect Complete Collection announced for PS4/XBO/PC (Origin and Steam)/Stadia

- Mass Effect Andromeda announced for Nintendo Switch

My money is on Nothing

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I don't expect anything from Bioware anymore.

I'd love to have the original Mass Effect trilogy+all dlc with controller support on pc. Sell it to me as a remaster if you want.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I expect nothing.

I will always hope for something.

N7 Day used to be one of my favorite days to look forward to.
vf0zsab6ekwz.jpg

So, yeah, I hope for Remaster news, any signs of life, a sequel teased, some good new merch... anything substantial.

We'll probably just have to content ourselves with Mass Effect-style armor in Anthem.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, no. You are so fucking wrong on this. Lots of people still care about the franchise.

This. Still my favorite trilogy. There are very few games, especially RPGs, where I love the story/characters AND the gameplay/combat. Most I'm suffering through gameplay I don't like for the story/characters, or it's a game I enjoy the gameplay that has little story (or a terrible story). Mass Effect 1-3 were the best of both worlds to me (especially 2 and 3 as I liked the combat and systems way more in those and didn't mind the ending of 3). Andromeda wasn't at near that standard, but I still enjoyed it aside from glitches and the multitude of bad side content I should have skipped.

Anyway, I think they'll tweet, do a video etc. Bioware loves the IP and will at least keep acknowledging fans on N7 day in hopes of getting greenlit to do another one eventually. That's likely dependent on Dragon Age 4 being good and selling well. If that happens they can put that team, and presumably the Anthem team as that game is dead, on either a new Mass Effect or maybe a new Star Wars RPG.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Most likely - A tweet ending with "We'll have more to talk about later"

Unlikely, but possible - Steam drop of 3 + DLC, (+dream, workshop support!)

Dream - Announcing a remake/remaster for current gen and PC

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
What am I expecting tomorrow? A sad reminder that I can never experience this series for the first time again.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I find it pretty much impossible to get hyped about anything Mass Effect anymore. Andromeda was such a downer. Even if BioWare to appear there and say what they have planned for the future.....i can't get excited. Same for Dragon Age.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
N7 Day doesn't mean anything anymore. Mass Effect is a ghost of its former self.

It existed because EA allowed it. It ended because they demanded it.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Outside of the obligatory reminder tweet, I can't imagine they'll have anything remotely interesting to announce. I could be wrong but I doubt it. Besides after Andromeda, Anthem and Schreier's damning reporting I struggle to maintain even a passing interest in BioWare these days. Dragon Age never interested me personally so unless they've got some brand new IP cooking that they're actually ready to talk about/announce..........

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I expect some tweets and a halfassed "we still love Mass Effect and hope to continue to support the franchise for years to come" statement from BioWare.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
The only reason it doesn't matter anymore is because they messed up twice and stopped promising new games for 2 years. When MEA was about to release there was still a lot of hype and support and very casual gamer friends I knew from campus were going like "it's gonna be so dope!". The problem is they screwed up right when Mass Effect felt as if it was about to hit that golden age, the way something like Uncharted did it by making Uncharted 3.

But yeah, let's be real. Tomorrow will be a video of the 3-5 old people left at BioWare still talking about "how amaaazing Mordin was" and Casey spinning 1080 degrees in his chair going "Weeeeee!"
I think there are more than only one reason. One thing that hardcore fans have always asked for and I'm seeing again in this thread is a remaster, which is another thing we never got which definitely would have revitalized the series.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Only thing I can definitively say about tomorrow is that all you pc players of the trilogy - check out Reddit. There will be modding news, and I have a video to show as well.