• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you expect?

• They will announce a remaster.

Votes: 57 6.0%
  • Some meaningless tweets and maybe a video.

Votes: 351 36.9%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 508 53.4%
  • Mass Effect 3 and the missing DLCs going to Steam.

Votes: 35 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
N7 day has been a tradition for Mass Effect fans for a few years now. I don't think any single one have been particularly memorable, but there has been some nice ones. However, after the single greatest tragedy in videogame history called Andromeda, N7 day took a dark turn. And it became a melancholic day to remember what had been lost and all we got after that were videos from Bioware pretending the series wasn't dead and everything was fine.

And because of all that, I had given up hope. A week or so ago I wasn't expecting anything. But then EA, as villainy as ever, gave me hope. They said they are working on remaster of fan favorites, although what a fan favorite means for EA might be totally a different thing compared to the fan's definition itself.

So, do you think something might be announced tomorrow? A remaster of the trilogy or at least the first game? It doesn't even need to show anything or give a release date, simply confirm it would happen.

It's always been a 1/5 mystery to me why EA ignores the rich catalog of old, well loved games they have and re-release them like Sony did with God of War or Uncharted. It would definitely be profitableand certainly would make people restore some faith in EA and Bioware. That has to count for something surely.

Edit: I added a new option.

Last edited:

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I feel like a trilogy remaster could be on the cards, given EA's recent statement, but I certainly won't be expecting it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
EA did say that one or more remasters were coming for "beloved franchises" during the next fiscal year. Maybe one of them is Mass Effect, but I dont know If they would want to announce them just yet.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Tweets and vids, but otherwise maybe an announcement that they're releasing the DLC's seperately on steam? If that's not already announced.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
lol no, they would have said something by now if they wanted you to keep an eye for N7 day.

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
Almost no chance of anything new obviously, maybe a remaster tease at the very most? They did just have the trilogy on sale on Steam so that's something.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Would like a trilogy remaster but expecting they might be saving that for next gen at this point. That said I'm expecting a Tweet + merch video.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Meaningless tweets. In an ideal world we get a announcement for Andromeda stand-alone dlc to wrap up the story and tie it into what's next or a ME trilogy remake announcement but we won't

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Only thing I could see is Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda appearing on Steam.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
It'd be lovely to have an OG trilogy remaster but not at this stage. If it's done for PS4 and Xbox One then it's an opportunity wasted. I hope they wait and have it PS5/Scarlett/PC only.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
At this point I think I'd only be truly happy by failure, so, err...

Announcement of a cross over event between Mass Effect and Anthem.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nope, a full on remake of ME1-3 for nextgen would be sweet, but it would be a miracle to just get a remaster.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Nothing. Electronic Arts know they've got lightnin in a bottle and Mass Effect is passé now.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I'm not expecting anything more than a tweet, but if they confirm a trilogy remaster I'd be so happy.

I really think ME1 needs a big overhaul to combat though at the very least, and ME3 still needs a patch that allows imported FemSheps from 1 and 2 to carry over their correct faces. We'll see if they can put that much effort into the collection, but... I have very low expectations. The trilogy needs a lot of work imo, and nostalgia covers a lot of flaws.

BIVrd.jpg