• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
What I learnt is that when our generation is old enough to have to take this test, we'd very likely misremember everything and thought we were being tested for presidency.

Oct 25, 2017
As mentioned, acing this test isn't really an accomplishment; that means you're normal.

Meanwhile, getting a few points off here and there isn't a big deal. The point of these sorts of tests is that you have to have many points off to be strongly indicative of some sort of neurological problem. If, for example, you are terrible at arithmetic, messing up the serial sevens test isn't really indicative of anything, or forgetting some of the objects you memorize, or stuff on tests like knowing who was president three terms ago or what county you live in (because some people are just not that informed.)

Like most things Trump, it's mostly only interesting insofar as his projection is likely a good suggestion that he does have cognitive difficulties.

Also, I imagine in 10–20 years when Millenials are going to start needing to take these tests, a ton of people aren't going to be able to do the question that relies on being able to read analog time on an old-fashioned clock face.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
God help this country, the fact that he think's this is some kind of genius test... and then brags about it. My god.

I don't know shit about shit, but it's fairly obvious this test isn't about how smart you are, just if you are still there and able to think about it and figure these things out. I assume its used to find when people have real real problems as they should be able to do pretty well and if they really struggle with it that's what you are looking for.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I took dozens of these tests over the past eight years. Didn't do very well due to my TBI.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
"Name as many words as you can starting with 'F' in a minute"
Trump: "Fabulous... fabulous... Fantastic... faa...fabulous... I'm President and you're not."

Dec 13, 2018
It'd be nice not to make light of a cognitive test for people with dementia or brain trauma of some type. This isn't a cognitive test and the thread title isn't informative, funny, or doing anything other than push trumps narrative of the test. Bash him more directly, this isn't the way.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We don't think much of the framing, here. It's not a dumbness test, it's a cognitive ability test. Let's avoid making fun of people for not scoring well on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.