• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nope, never really have been. Only 2 years apart but have pretty much lived completely separate lives from one another. We get along pretty well and are fairly like minded, but just have never had any kind of real relationship to speak of. We don't talk or get together except when doing family stuff with our parents or other relatives.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
No, not at all. She is 12 years older so she had moved out for college when I was young and has not lived around me since. We share no interests, few life experiences, and only are around each other maybe once every other year. It doesn't bother me, I don't put much stock into blood relations for the sake of it. She's cool, we get along fine when we do spend time together, but that's it. She has taken the lead on dealing with our mom, who is in poor health, so I give her a lot of appreciation for that.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Not as close this past year due to him working in a different city, but before I'd see him at least once a month and have gone on a few vacations with him.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I have 3 brothers and a sister and yeah Im incredibly close with all of them even if I fuckin' hate being around my older sister and second oldest brother. Both suffer from very bad bipolar disorder and I still have PTSD from my brothers episodes growing up (didn't help that he is a MASSIVE dude). Ill tolerate them but every minute with them is another minute closer to them acting up and as much as I love them I just can't deal with it. My oldest brother is a black sheep but I love him all the same. He does his own thing and he's never a bother (besides being that stereotypical older brother that'll put you in a chokehold for no reason but to mess with you). My younger brother is the one I get along with and actively want to be around. We are incredibly alike and share the same interests and I don't know what I would do if he wasn't around. In terms of ranking who I like the most my little brother comes out on top with a heavy gap between him and the rest. Because we all still live within an hour or 2 of each other so we never really lose touch.

Last edited:

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Big age gap between my 4 siblings. My youngest brother is 18 and my oldest sister is 42.

That said, we all live separate lives but are very close. Not much in common anymore, but still meet up every Christmas with more nieces and nephews, different partners etc. It's kind of refreshing to have such a variety of siblings (Medical, Musician, Actor and a Politician).

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
The weird thing is the death of my father this year hasn't brought me and one of my brothers closer but actually further apart.
It's given me the ability to nearly sever ties. I love my nephews so I'll see them at their sports and could run into my brother but I'm done with anything else that involves him for the rest of my life.
He's 8 years older and just makes everything uncomfortable when he's around. Done with that shit.
Me and my other brother are cool. He has his issues but we get along.
I'm perfect! šŸ˜ƒ

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

I had an older half-brother from my father's first marriage. He died years ago. We had a close but complicated relationship. I miss him every day.

I have a younger brother that I also have a close but complicated relationship with. We speak constantly. We have a lot of similar interests.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
My sister is 11 years older than me, but she loves me very much and pretty much single-handedly financially helps me and our family for like 12 years straight lmao.

We are not close though, because she married pretty young, and me being a young dumb shithead didn't really want to get close to her, so it kinda hard now lmao.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Historically yes - 2 sisters and 1 brother.
But then Trump happened, and the 2nd election and the insurrection.

My brother is liberal like me but my sisters (and mom/dad/gma) are super conservative Christian anti abortion 2-time-Trump-voting anti-Vaxxer idiots and I honestly have no idea what to do.

Haven't talked to sisters since before the election really. I sorta despise my family? We were basically the closest family ever before Trump. Maybe I should cut ties with the Trumpers...

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm my mother's only child. My father has three other children. I don't really know them and I'm 14 years older than the next oldest. I'll probably die without knowing any of them really.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm close with my younger brother, but not close with two of my sisters. Not a lot of similar interests and our viewpoints are different. The youngest sister, I am cool with.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Very close to all 3 siblings (all younger). We all live within 20 minutes of each other.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
My twin bro and I talk (text) almost exclusively in inside jokes. We live in opposite ends of the country, though.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Not as much as i want to. Grew apart with both of my sisters. They really do lives their separate lives

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
My older brother is quite a bit older than me (nearly 14 years), but I've always been very close with him and his wife (they started dating when I was 1 so I've known her my whole life). My wife is really close with both of them as well. It helps that we're in the same city. But we definitely have not been in touch as much in the COVID times. I've seen my brother once in the last 8 months, and we've only spoken on the phone a couple times since then as well. Looking forward to better weather so we can start inviting them over for social distanced get-togethers in the yard.

Viale

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to sound terrible, but I kind of forget they exist at times or, more specifically, that they're my siblings. They were born/grew up after I moved away from my mom, so I really didn't spend a whole lot of time with them over the years. Just whenever I would visit.

Kind of wished I had a better relationship with my sister as she seems to be getting interested in a lot of things I'm interested in, but dunno.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Close with my sister, me and my brother don't exist to each other.
Both are my half sibling.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
No. My two older brothers and their families are MAGA chuds so fuck them. Never been close to my sisters. The one brother I would have been close to passed away 14 years ago.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
My siblings got what normal loving parents can give, good weddings, money, nice houses.

I'm gay, I get nothing. They hardly ever talk to me.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all. I'm the youngest of three and we're all six years apart. We all live in different states and see each other once a year if we're lucky. I actually haven't seen or talked to my brother in a couple years. He's hard to get ahold of.

My partner on the other hand is real tight with her brother and sister. I see and talk with them more than my own siblings as a result.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
no brothers or sisters :( but I am close with some of my cousins.

Cyrus_Saren

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Iowa
Nope. I'm the youngest and was close with the middle sibling until she decided that pain pills and other drugs were more important. The oldest I don't even acknowledge for many reasons I don't want to type out on my phone.

It's not something that bothers me anymore.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
My brother has been my best friend for 28 years. We hang all the time and make videogames together. I'm lucky as hell.

Supha_Volt

Nov 3, 2017
close with my brother as well live together with a two other roommates! My sister and I talk every months, but she stresses my family out so it does cause some tension in the family. I do love her tho

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Yes very close. Lives with me and my spouse. Maybe too close haha. He's cool though. Somebody to watch horror movies with when my spouse is working or not in the mood.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I love all my siblings. They are the most important people to me next to my closest friends. That could change of course, but we are always keeping in touch.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i'm in a good place with my little bro, but also the 6 year age difference is kinda a difficult wall to climb sometimes. it's nice to just sit down and just shoot the shit though sometimes, there's very few people i do that with

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of my greatest successes in my life is not only did I improve my rough relationship with my brother that we had growing up, but now we love each other dearly.

I am incredibly proud of the person he grew up to be.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I'm an only child. I've always imagined having brother and sisters, how we'd be close, but judging by the replies on here, it's clearly just a fantasy. Seems like a lot of people don't even get on with their siblings. Lol.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they were in shit, I'd fly halfway across the world to pull them out of it. Looking out for them doesn't end because they're grown, so yeah.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I have two brothers.

One lives in the US so I barely talk to him. The other one lives not too far from here but I don't talk to him often. We have nothing in common.

So no I'm not close with them at all.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Yeah, he's one of the people I know I could really depend on when in need. I hope he feels the same.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Not really. My sister has always treated me like dirt. After our parents die, I don't care if I ever see her again.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Relatively speaking, yes. I don't talk with them all that often, but the same goes for the rest of my family. We still on occasion would meet up for the holidays (pre-2020, of course), gift each other for birthdays/Christmas, etc.

We're all living our own lives, but we're in good terms with one another and support each other if times get tough.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I've got two older sisters which I was close with growing up.

But now I've not spoken to one of them in 11 years and the other one for 2 years. We just drifted apart over time.

I speak to my parents pretty much daily so they can see their grandkids, but they also haven't spoken to my sisters in years.

It's sad really but you can only try so many times before giving up.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I talk with both my brothers all the time and see them and my nephews pretty much every weekend.

Well, that's how it was before corona. Now we have a much more distanced approach, but we talk constantly.