• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
I have 3 sisters and a brother and I can't imagine a world without them. We are spread geographically out but I can't imagine one of us wouldn't be there for the other if needed.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Yes.

When I was kid, I used to not get along with my brother, but as we grow up, we patched things up, and I love him. My Mom and Dad? Love them; as well as most of my extended family. One or two I don't get along as well, but still care about it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i love my family, but i can go long stretches without talking to them/seeing them without issue

im a very solitary lad

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My mom died 9 years ago and it's been really hard ever since. I'm close to my youngest sister though and she comes over for pancakes almost every weekend and we talk and hang out.m

I'm honestly jealous of people who have tight families. I always wanted that, but I'll never have it on any level. My extended family and even some of my direct family are just not healthy.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Not really and it makes me sad how unrelated we seem to be. If they told me I was adopted it would make so much sense why it feels I'm so different from them in every way other than appearance.

Mar 30, 2019
I am. I have been very busy lately and haven't had the opportunity to see them as often though. Which can be a little lonely.

When I do see them, it feels like we were never apart. I guess distance does make the heart fonder.

Oct 27, 2017
No, I haven't seen them in many years. At this period of my dotage, I've actually been estranged from them for longer than I've known them.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No. One half of my family is full of free loading lunatics that I haven't spoken to in years as they only involve theirselves in my life in detrimental ways. Getting slightly better with my dad's side as of late but he's done some horrible POS things that are incredibly tough to move past and still has those tendencies, so I only dip my toe in from time to time.

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
My biological family? Fuck no. My adoptive family? I would go to the ends of the earth for them.

Oct 25, 2017
I love my Mom and Sister but my brothers are either dishonest or selfish people if anything ever happened to my Mother I would be fine never seeing my brothers again.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only with my mother, aunt/uncle, and grandparents. Everyone else I'm kinda distant with.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, we sure have some issues but yes. Except my cousins who I'm actually embarrassed of. For some reason they think they are better than the rest, also went so far by changing their last name to some upperclassy sounding french last name without having any kind of connection to France. It's quite fun actually.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, absolutely. They're not perfect and can be a bit...too much but I definitely love them and would do what I can to help them out, if they need it

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Yes, and I'm very grateful to live in the same city as all of my immediate family, and as a lot of my extended family.

I definitely take for granted how overbearing they can be sometimes. I'd rather them be that way than the opposite. I'd move heaven and earth for them.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I would bet this forum is mostly close with family, tho there are quite a few notable posts and threads that say never

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Immediate family: yes. Extended family: cordial, but somewhat distant which makes sense since we haven't lived in the same country for decades now.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Immediate family yes, the rest not so much!

Altough we're close, i can't spend a lot of time alone with my father or mother cause we don't share anything in comon so there's not a lot to talk about in the end! Way easier with my sister or brother though

But we always all meet each other for dinner once in a while and everything is fine between all of us

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Only with my brothers, ill stop having contact to my parents the moment I can move out again.
I like my cousin and an aunt but Im completely fine without the rest of the family.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Me and my siblings still live with my parents.
Every night they're all downstairs watching a reality show or some TV show.
Every night I'm upstairs sitting in my room or the Upstairs TV room (Basically also my room)

They all speak to each other WAY more then I speak to any of them.

My extended family I don't speak to unless they are physically present for some reason, some sort of gathering.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Close enough. We're not very huggy but we live in the same town and we visit each other. The relationship is good.

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I talk to my dad once a month or so, but actually its a video call with my wife and kids. I don't really talk much. My brother and sister its once or twice a year. No problems. Just... no desire.

I don't keep track of my extended family at all. They're fine nice people, but we're not friends.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, ish? I talk to them a lot and have a good relationship, but I live on the other side of the world, so...

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Oh yeah definitely, i have like 30 cousins in just my moms side of the family and another 23 on my fathers side. My family always gets together and i mean always. 35 years of any excuse to hang out with one another. Someone got engaged? Party, someone's kid lost a tooth? Let's have a BBQ, every other Sunday i saw my cousins at big family dinners. I'll never be alone in this life because of family. They mean the world to me, so many new kids in the family too now, making each time we make up a excuse to see each other more memorable.

The first part of this skit was essentially my life growing up

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely close to my 2 brothers and my mother. Things have been much better as well with my father whom I wasn't really ever close to but in recent years it's been very slowly changing...at least enough that we call each others on the phone from time to time.

The rest of the family though? Not so much, not anymore. Used to be close to everyone, on my mother's side of the family, when I was a child but as years passed it changed. I'm not close to anyone on my father side of the family, never was. Although earlier this month we had a small family gathering to celebrate the 90th birthday of one of aunt on my mother's side, it was nice to see some familiar faces considering the last time I had seen then was 10 years ago at my grand-mother's funerals.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, at least when it comes to my immediate family. They are as much a part of me as my limbs are and I would genuinely love living in a multi-generational home with them. I'm also close with my mom's immediate family but have very little contact with my mom's side beyond that. I love my dad's family but distance and a language barrier keeps us from being as close as I'd like.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
We're not distant or anything, but I wouldn't say we're super close. I'm much closer to my "family" of chosen friends and others that have come into my life over the years and been part of things in a way my blood relatives never were.

GenericGhost

Nov 24, 2017
I'm close with my parents but I never see or talk to my brother outside of family events.
I hardly talk to my extended family.

Namea

Dec 2, 2017
My immediate family? Well, we're "kinda" close. They never sought the kind of closeness that I often find myself longing for, but we do love each other, for sure. I'm kinda hoping to have a circle of friends that I could call family in the future.

As for the rest of the family... Half of them is in a different country and I don't speak their language.
No contact with the other half because they're human garbage.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Generally, yes. I get along well with my sister, mom, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.

I also love my wife's family to pieces, and I enjoy the time we get to spend together.

...Haven't been talking to my dad much lately. It makes me sad, because he used to be kind of my best friend, at least for most of my 20's and 30's.

What happened there?? ...He's a 67 year old white man; take a wild guess.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
My wife and kids? I'll run through hell and back for them.

My brother? I'll run the Eliminator from American Gladiators for him.

My parents? I'll run to the grocery store for them.

My extended family? I'll run to shut the door on them.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Really close with my mom and my sister.

Pretty close with my grandpa and grandma (whose now been diagnosed alzheimer's, so we're slowly losing her :( )

Somewhat close with my brother

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I've got two sisters, one I haven't spoken to or seen in 10 years, the other I haven't seen in 3 years and haven't spoken to in just over a year.

I speak to my parents pretty much every other day or so just to check in and say hi.

So very close to my parents but I may as well not have any siblings at this point.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Yea pretty close overall though i tend to not get along well always with my father, its been like that since i can remember, my only real memories of us together are arguing and fighting. I still care for him but if anyone isn't getting saved on the bridge well all im saying is its an easy order choice.