• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How are you buying Elden Ring?

• Digital

Votes: 1,052 63.9%
  • Physical

Votes: 517 31.4%
  • Both

Votes: 77 4.7%

• Total voters

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
digital on PC and PS5 not sure which one I'm going to keep/cancel. I love PC but I've had enough with From PC bugs

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it PS5 physical cause it's what, $30 AU cheaper, but I'm considering dumping that so I can play immediately.

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
Digital for me.

image.png

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 physical because I want my steelbook. Plus I like to own my games rather than a temporary license. Including having the right to do things like trade or resell.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely digital but I'm not quite sure where yet. Leaning Series X for the New Zealand release time and the fact it would be free via Microsoft Rewards. Though if PC has DLSS and/or smoother, more stable optimized settings that would certainly be enticing. PS5 will no doubt have the most active console population for PvP/Invasions, which I love, so I haven't ruled it out either.

Good 'problem' to have, though. Hopefully Digital Foundry is able share their findings a few days before launch.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I buy physical always, unless it's a game I can game share to play co-op with my gf. This is one of those games, so $49.99 digital copy for XSX via NewEgg, $25 split between us.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
PC digital. There is technically a PC physical edition, but it's a just a box with a Steam key and a few bits of tat that I'd look at once and never again.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Physical. Getting that sweet steelbook from Best Buy.

6483931ld.jpg

Also had some Best Buy gift cards so I got it for cheaper than I would have digitally anyways

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
PC, so I really have no choice but to go digital… Unless I'm trying to double dip solely to get the steel book.

Oct 27, 2017
ER - Phys but will double dip later down the line to support From.
BB -Both
Sekiro - Both
DS3 - Both
DS 1 & 2 digital
DeS Remake - digital

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
whichever goes on sale first
I want to thank Newegg for pulling the xbox coupon code, so I can fight my urge to get carried away by the hype

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Digital

Steam so it's digital of course

I bought two copies for two of my gaming buddies - will get my own copy later

Planning to play co op like we did with dark souls

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Traded a couple games in for it so physical. Plus I like having the discs for games I love and I know I'm going to love Elden Ring.