• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying @ launch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,570 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1,830 53.8%

• Total voters

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not. It's my most anticipated game but it'll go down in price by March or April. If I see it for sub-$40 then I'll get.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lol what was the poll before? It's getting closer and closer to 50/50 (I'm guessing because of the PC announcement?)

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I have it on pre-order, I am 50/50 on what the game will be like, I think it is either going to be one of the best games ever made or it's going to be mediocre, dull and boring.

I have a special edition on order so I can cancel before had if I want to.

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think that this one will be the opposite to MGSV...

MGSV has amazing gameplay and not so well implemented and appealing story... and I think this one may be push and keep on playing to know the story.

Anyway I wanna know what Kojima unleashed is gonma bring us... after so many years under the Konami MGS franchise not being able to do anything else.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Nah. November is absolutely Shenmue III month for me even if it doesn't launch until the 19th, and I'm not particularly hungry for any other game than that anyway.

I'm not totally sold on Death Stranding for a few reasons anyway. The PC announcement ensures I'll pick it up *eventually*, but I've been unable to get excited or interested enough to give enough of a fuck about it. I've wanted a new Kojima IP for a long time, so I'm pretty surprised I feel like this.

The writing also feels like the most indulgent aspects of late-era MGS turned up to 11, which is turning me off.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Day1 on PS4, I want to experience the game on launch before all spoilers are out.

Since I am aiming to get PS5 at launch, I hope KojiPro will patch the game to support 60fps down the line.

SilentRage47

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Well after PC announcement I'm not so sure anymore. I have a huge backlog and GamePass/Origin Access, I'll buy it only if review are stellar.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Leaning towards yes, but impressions will definitely play a factor in whether or not I get it day one. I'm in for the weirdness / spectacle, but the gameplay is what I'm most on the fence about.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I'm taking the day off and playing it during a 4 day weekend. Going to pick it up with my brother and report back to each other about we think about it. Even if it's not great im 100% ready . Want to see what non-MGS Kojima can do

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
No. If reviews are great then I'll consider picking it up on PC when it comes out. Just not interested in what I've seen of it so far.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Playing at launch is a necessity in my view. It's such a mysterious title and the curiosity cannot be sustained that much longer. Impressions won't be able to hold me over (especially if it's universal praise) and with each day that passes the danger of being spoiled increases exponentially.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I doubt it. I haven't seen anything that impresses me enough to really want to play it. They did that gameplay video a couple weeks back and I wasn't feeling it. The traversal stuff looked interesting, With the ladder and hover board, but the combat looked dull. The things that should be boring looked interesting and the things that should be interesting didn't look fun. That and the baby stuff is just ugh.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I preordered the Collectors Edition, going in blind.
I stopped Outer Worlds after 2 hours. Really liked it, so I don't wanna take a break when DS hits (chances are high that I'm not gonna pick it up again). I'll restart after DS. I need to gonna check up on some Luigi Mansion reviews, if its a short game, I'll try to squeeze it in before DS.

breakYODAy

Oct 25, 2017
I will be getting at launch, but not playing until Christmas break at the earliest. November is dedicated to Shenmue 3 from the moment I get that disc in my hands.

DS is one of my last Best Buy GCU discounted pre-orders, so it still behooves me to buy at launch.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
As big of a fan as I am of Metal Gear Solid and for the most part Kojima, I am very unexcited for Death Stranding.

I haven't been feeling the aesthetics, game play and overall style of Kojima's new IP. And that's OK.

If it reviews well I might consider it.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
I have it pre-ordered and I had taken the 8th off of work a few months ago for this game. Also fairly certain Gamestop by me will do their early release, which is just at 9pm instead of actually at Midnight (unless it's Nintendo).

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- Afraid of bad performance on base PS4
- might have buggy online at start
- PC Version comes later

VS.

- Spoilers and less discovery without the internet screaming everything from the rooftops

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, why not. It looks weird as shit. I don't even know if I'll like it but it seems like something pretty different and that's good by me anyway.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will not be getting it at launch, and I'm unsure if I'll get it on PS4 later if it runs like doo doo.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I heard from folks around here that Dan Ryckert of Giant Bomb wasn't really enjoying it. Is it true, is there a source for that?

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to wait for the review.
If it's going to be phenomal I'll take the hype train.
If it's "just" really good, I can wait for the PC version.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going for the PC version whenever its on a service like Steam, but even then I wouldn't bother getting the game at launch if its over £39 - I just don't value games that highly and rather spend my money on other things.
"Waiting" for games, or rather playing the fuck ton of other games already looking forward to at better prices, makes more sense. Though if I get gifted it, I'm not likely to turn it down

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
If you dont buy and play the game day 1, dont bother playing it at all. You are going to have ever shred of the experience spoiled for you. You're also going to have so many of other people's takes going through your head that you won't know which thoughts are your own.