• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying @ launch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,570 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1,830 53.8%

• Total voters

AngryPuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Most probably, if I don't it's gonna be down to not having enough time for a new game rather than any desire to wait for reviews or a price drop. Probably still pick it up at launch and chip away at it where I can.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Well I have it pre-ordered, one of my last GCU orders. But that doesn't mean I won't return it if reviews end up being horrible.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I voted no. Only chance for Day 1 is if the reviews are like 10/10 masterpiece, GOTY/GOTG level. I've kinda already got my playlist for the rest of the year and this isn't on it at the moment.

If it reviews very positively may put it on my Christmas wish list. If reviews are mixed then will wait for sale or skip depending on the pros/cons.

Kojima has always been pretty hit or miss with my tastes.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what 'I'll probably get it ASAP on PC, depending on regional pricing' would count as but that's my answer now

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Yes. That's still the plan.

I just found out about it being playable on PC, but no PC I have access to would be sufficient for it.

Oct 27, 2017
To this day I still believe MGSV wasn't a fluke and this is the kind of game Kojima is into right now. If DS shares too much with MGSV, I'll pass.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
I honestly don't know what to think about the game so I'm waiting for a few impressions. I've been on a bit of a gaming funk this year so I'm not in any rush, so might pick it up cheaper later.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It was touch and go whether I was going to get it anyway, buy now it's coming to PC I will definitely wait.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Unhinged Kojima with no editor is going to be amazing for many reasons, either good or bad. I'm here for either.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
I have the special edition preordered, but I might cancel and wait for the PC version...but it's gonna be almost impossible to spend 8 months without getting spoiled.
I'll make a decision after reviews come out.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Waiting until a week later for my birthday. Unless for some reason impressions (important) and reviews (less important) aren't that positive.

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
I need that baby lamp, so day one for me. Normally the only time I go day one on a new game is if there's an E3 discount (or it's a new Yakuza game), but in Kojima I trust, sooo

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I really want to wait for PC now, but I'm also afraid that there's no way that any surprises that the game contains won't be ruined for me by the time that version comes out, so I'll probably get it on launch day for PS4 and experience it that way.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nowadays I barely see a point in "being there day 1". Game will probably be half the price same time next year, then I might buy, if reviews are good.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still have a Best Buy GCU pre-oder up. I may or may not keep it.