• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying @ launch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,570 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1,830 53.8%

• Total voters

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
The more that I see and learn about the game the more that I realize that it's just not going to be my thing at all, even if it scores really high review wise it just won't be something I will enjoy. I am interested though and watching some streamers play just to get a sense of what the story tries to do and see if it can pull that off.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No. The story and characters are the only two things that have gripped me, while the gameplay looks like something that would bore me easily. At this point, I'll wait for reviews and reduced price.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Does the no include people who's not interested and never gonna buy it or only people buying it down the line? I feel it probably skew the result a bit.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I'll wait for a steep discount on PC since I'm not a fan of Kojima's games, but this "game" looks like a interesting experience.

Who knows, maybe it will an appearance on PC Game Pass. That would be ideal.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Got a couple of editions preordered. Will make my mind up for next week which one I want, I've totally forgotten what comes with which tbh lol

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Kojima's games never did much for me unfortunately so will wait for deep sale on the PC eventually.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it ends up being a 10/10 I'll buy it in PS4. If not, I'll wait for either a deep discount or the PC release.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Might wait for the PC launch or I'll just watch one of those "movies" on youtube compiling all the cutscenes in the game.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Option 3: I don't know yet, it depends on reviews.

TBH right now I am more interested in Jedi Fallen Order.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Would love to but i will be in the middle of a move at the time. Will but it after new years together with a new tv.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Wish there was a 'maybe' option in the poll. I'm really divided on this one. Waiting to hear the overall consensus.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Probably. Unless the reviews are just thoroughly stanky.
I expect reviews to be divisive, so by stanky I don't mean like a 74 metascore.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
That has been my plan all along, but I'll wait and read reviews/impressions before deciding for sure. I'm getting the game at some point regardless, it's just a matter of whether it'll take precedence over the stuff I'm currently playing.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
If reviews make it sound interesting I'll get it when it comes to PC. If unsure I'll wait even longer for sales. I'm a master at dealing with spoilers as even if I see some I'll either have no idea what it's referring to or I'd have forgotten by the time I come to play.

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
Probably. This falls into a category of games that I like to play on a big screen on a couch.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Was thinking about waiting for the PC version, but the hype would probably die down and spoilers would be everywhere.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Depends on reviews.
I haven't played a Kojima game before and I am generally not a fan of open-world games(I only really liked Horizon and Spider-Man this gen). But everything I've seen about the game so far was intriguing.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Don't care too much what reviews say. Planning on buying day one. Looks super interesting.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Not until reviews are in at the very least. What they've shown so far couldn't possibly look more boring to me.