• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying @ launch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,570 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1,830 53.8%

• Total voters

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
Blind buy day one. Had it preordered for a long time now and I don't care about what reviewers or other gamers say. I want to experience the Kojima craziness for myself.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No. Not sure it's for me and I'm swamped with work the next month plus and I'm the middle of other games anyway.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a fuck yes from me. Wish I had the money to blow on the collector's edition.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Went in to pre-order cod a few weeks ago. Thought why the heck not and did the same for death stranding...

So i am locked in, so may aswell enjoy the ride. However not particularly excited. If its exactly like the gameplay showing so far...then lol may be quick sell for me. Still I'm in it for the story.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Have to, is not everyday you get a AAAA walking sim by Kojima. Jokes aside, this is his first new IP in decades and his first title out of Konami, I'll support It even if its crap.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Nah. Looks like silly BS frankly, and I have other things I'd rather play through before the year's out. If anything I'll get it when/if it comes to PC later.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Yes.

I took a full week off work to play this game.

Looking forward to rebuilding tomorrow or whatever.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, depending on reviews. The trailers I've seen have looked pretty dumb in terms of story, but I'm hopefull the gameplay will be good.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
I had it preordered a while ago when it was 52 bucks on amazon, but some weird error made them cancel it and now i have to get it at full price

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yup, and in its pre-release state, Death Stranding has the distinction of being both one of my (current) most anticipated and easily the most doubtful and trepidatious I've ever been toward a media product that I've had interest in. It's a new and very strange pre-release feeling.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Nah, gonna wait for impressions and possibly a price drop.

I didn't think either MGS4 or 5 were particularly great, and Kojima has been getting worse in his desire to chase Hollywood as time has gone on.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
No and I don't think I'll ever buy it. I'll check out the reviews but right now I don't see the appeal.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Gotta get on Kojima's new IP.

Like even if it's bad I gotta find out for myself. And just finding out and experiencing it will be worth it.

For some the mystery frustrates them but I really like just not knowing exactly what to expect, but since it's Kojima and Decimia I have a feeling this will be right up my alley.

Aug 12, 2019
I'll almost certainly be picking Death Stranding up at launch. It just looks like such a unique game that I still don't really know a ton about and a game that emphasizes a lot of world exploration and interaction, so I really want to try this out fresh once I get the chance (The question is, can I beat The Outer Worlds before then?).

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I feel really mixed about it. The story isn't grabbing me and some of the elements (like carrying around a baby) look weird in a bad way. But I feel like I need to support his first post-MG game, and if I wait to buy most of the game will be spoiled. So I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, against my better judgement. The story and world look so interesting, but I tend to not like the sim/survival aspects that have been shown. Maybe I'll just play on easy and bee line the golden path.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'll look at reviews and decide if I want to rent it at Redbox or not. I don't really spend $60 on single player games unless they're a RPG where I get hours and hours out of it.

Deleted member 19213

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still very skeptical it'll be a good game. I'm going to wait a bit to see what reviewers and the community thinks of the game before deciding whether I want to buy early on. I think regardless of its quality, I'll eventually try the game just out of respect for Kojima/Kojima Productions and their past work. I'd be curious to see what the game is about either way, but I'll wait for a sale if it's a disappointment.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
My wife got me the digital deluxe. Friends are roasting me over it (these folks pre-ordered Anthem and Fallout '76 LE's: I didn't go near them. Glass houses and all that jazz)

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If ever there was a poster child for "wait for the reviews", it's this game. And I don't mean scores, either. I want to see what reviewers and ResetEra impressions are for the game before I dive in. I'll live if I don't play a phenomenal game for three days.

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't like MGS5 and barely know what this game is about gameplay wise.

Will be waiting for impressions, at least on what the game is.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Waiting on reviews. Like.. I wanna know if the game is actually fun.
When it comes to story, Kojima peaked in 2004 and since then he's become a parody of himself. The cult of personality surrounding him has been a major turn off.