• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying @ launch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,570 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1,830 53.8%

• Total voters

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The waiting for critic reviews approach is interesting and logical to a degree sure, but...it's Kojima

It's one of the only titles I trust forums like this more on. MGS V came out to aces across the critical board (or it felt like it) and personally was a very tough one to get through

I wouldn't be surprised if this came out to high praise in the press but the same applied.

Looking forward to a spoiler free impressions thread

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its Kojima and we all know that Kojima is the bestest of the bestest in the world. So yes day fucking one.
Don't know yet but a really high percentage that I'm going to buy it day one
MGS4 was absolutely one of the worst games I've ever played through.
You are one lucky guy if that is the worst game you have ever played...... I envy you to have that as your base line off bad games. ;)

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Mgs5 has one of the best gameplay this gen, so based on that merit, if DS is as fun as that, it will be day one for sure.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I'm down for the story but no matter how many videos of the gameplay I watch, it just isn't my cup of tea at full price so I'll probably just wait for a $20 to $30 dollar price drop before jumping in and hope I'm not spoiled beforehand.

And besides the gameplay, I can't wrap my head around the structure of it at all which is a great thing I guess, but gonna see what the reviews say about it.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be waiting for reviews and then player impressions, so probably not until the week after at the earliest. I'd be in for being a part of the launch zeitgeist, but I've not exactly been made confident by a lot of what I've been gathering from it.

In reality, I'll probably really just wait until December, once I need a break from Pokemon.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You are one lucky guy if that is the worst game you have ever played...... I envy you to have that as your base line off bad games. ;)

It sounds like hyperbole, but normally I bounce out of games I'm not liking. MGS4 was one of the games I forced myself to play through because it was MGS. With MGS3 it felt like Kojima was finally finding his footing with the series, so I had no idea the next game was going to take such a radical nose dive into stupidity.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I decided to pre-order it yesterday since I'll be able to get it for $45 thanks to a free GameStop reward certificate.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hello no, I'm gonna wait what the impressions on here are. What's shown so far hasn't grabbed me yet.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I was a huge fan of the MGS series all the way to The Phantom Pain. This will be an eventual pickup if positive reception survives the honeymoon phase.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Gameplay-wise everything that has been shown so far has been a massive turn off. But on the flip side the environments and art look so sublime that I want to immerse myself in it anyway. But probably not at full price or at launch. Will see what the feedback is like on here when peeps get their hands on it.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3 and Jedi Fallen Order are the only "Day 1" games for me this fall. Somehow Spring looks better than the holiday schedule this year..

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, I hate what I saw of the gameplay. If the story turns out very good I will YouTube it later on.

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like hyperbole, but normally I bounce out of games I'm not liking. MGS4 was one of the games I forced myself to play through because it was MGS. With MGS3 it felt like Kojima was finally finding his footing with the series, so I had no idea the next game was going to take such a radical nose dive into stupidity.
I was just kidding and being mean. I'm sorry.

Let me first state that I really love MGS4, so much that I got trophies for it.......I don't do trophies. So my opinion is flawed. But MGS4 can never be your worst played game. I just don't believe that. But I do think that Kojima was done with MGS and tried to do dumb shit in 4 so he would never have to create another MGS. It's weird but those dumb things, I just really love.

I played 5 prestory(?) and I hated that one so much that I did not buy 5 and skipped it. Such a god awful game. That game had nothing to do with MGS.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I have only played MGS V, never any of the earlier games, and I loved it, so I'm on Day one here just to learn more about Kojima.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. No interest in it. If I hear it's really good maybe I'll pick it up someday when it's cheaper.

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
Nah, nor do I think I'll buy it after launch, really. Enjoyed the MGS games, but nothing about this has really sparked my interest.

I'd consider it down the road with something like Game Pass/PS+, but the reviews would have to be really mind-blowing. Even then, I don't know, I still haven't even played RDR2!

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Its just that I could never do that. I can struggle through games if the story is good/interesting but I can't do the opposite.

I have done it multiple times. I would have been more likey to buy the game if it was on PC since I could use cheat engine to rush though the gameplay faster/ disable elements I don't like, but alas it is not.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
My plan for Death Stranding so far is to just enjoy the inevitable arguments online/on podcasts about whether it's brilliant or shit. I figure that will provide plenty of entertainment :D I'm not particularly interested in the game itself tbh.