• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think I might be after Episode IX. I was watching the new Clone Wars, and I just couldn't seem to get into it, knowing that it all culminates in TROS. Like, the Republic, Vader, Skywalker, et al all amount to nothing in the end. Hell, they couldn't even give us Force ghosts of them in the end. The last time I felt like this was after Episode III, but eventually Rebels brought me back. But now, because I know the stupid ending, I don't know if anything will ignite that spark again anytime soon.

How about you?

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm burnt out on bad-mediocre Star Wars movies. If a really good movie came out tomorrow, I'd be right back in it.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more burned out on people talking about it to be honest with you, so I suppose in a sense

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't take long.

A few years back people would laugh at the idea of Star Wars fatigue. Then Solo came out.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I'm not particularly interested in the High Republic, at least from what they've shown so far. Looking forward to the Cassian show a lot.

Oct 31, 2017
I've come to not really care about anything Star Wars that isn't the 6 films that George Lucas was directly involved in. I've been thinking about watching The Clone Wars, and I might do that at some point. Everything else though? I don't really care much about at all. Going forward, I have little to no interest. Especially if they try to use the IP as a means to mine nostalgia as its primary intent.

If they let a creative visionary use the IP as a means to create their own work that's an allegory about micro/macro human relationships, the interplay between the individual, family, and broader society, religion/spirituality, and an anti-authoritarian message at its core I might be interested. Pure pander though? I'll pass.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
disinterested, yes. "burnt out" no

mando while not utterly amazing relit some of that old magic with me, so fatigue can't be the issue

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I used to roll my eyes at people saying, "The series ended with this title" or "There were no more movies after x". But, like, I don't think I will add the sequels to any future rewatch of the Star Wars saga. Just an utter waste of time and completely unfulfilling. I hope that Lucasfilm moves on to a new time period completely separated from the Skywalker Saga.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Mandalorian was good enough to keep a bit of goodwill alive, but I mustn't think about the sequel trilogy.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No, not at all, but I'm happy to wait quite a while until the next movie. Or at least if it is another movie soon, it just has to be quite different, and focus on different characters/eras/themes. I'm still eager for books, comics, games, etc. I am pretty tired of some Star Wars fans, but I think it's a bit cliché to even say that at this point.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
With the force and the jedi? Yes. Thankfully the Mandalorian is a breath of fresh air and keeps that stuff to a near minimum.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all. Disney saved Star Wars. Loved Rise of Skywalker, Fallen Order, and Mando, now I'm really enjoying TCW Season 7, recently visited Galaxy's Edge, and I'm looking forward to the LEGO game. And I still have to watch the new 4K versions of the OT. Best time to be a Star Wars fan.

Feeling burnt out from 2005 - 2014 at earliest with Rebels is a really long time OP.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah unfortunately. didn't even finish mandolorian despite enjoying it.

Its weird, it feels like I can't take it seriously anymore for some reason.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
I'm burnt out by Disney's Star Wars. The entire sequel trilogy was a drag and ep9 seems to have been forgotten already. I hope they bring back the imagination and creativity in The High Republic content and not just a void of repetition and wasted potential.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
No. I'm burnt out on Jedis, Sith Lords, Skywalkers, Force Sensitivity, Death Stars, and anything having to do with the last 3 movies. But I still love the universe. Mandolorian was great, Rogue One and Solo were better than any of the sequel movies to me, and I'm looking forward to a new Star Wars movie that leaves the Skywalker saga in the past.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Burnt out on Skywalker-related material.

They need to leave all that shit behind and start something new with literally no returning characters/references whatsoever.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm burnt out by Disney's Star Wars. The entire sequel trilogy was a drag and ep9 seems to have been forgotten already. I hope they bring back the imagination and creativity in The High Republic content and not just a void of repetition and wasted potential.

I'm thinking that The High Republic will be much lower risk financially and not as wide of an audience which will hopefully give the authors a bit more freedom to explore and try new ideas.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

I loved the PT and the OT, but did not like the ST.

I'm pretty much done with Star Wars. I will just watch the Obi Wan series and that's it, I'm out. Without the Skywalkers, Star Wars means nothing to me.

Oct 31, 2017
yeah unfortunately. didn't even finish mandolorian despite enjoying it.

Its weird, it feels like I can't take it seriously anymore for some reason.

It's because George Lucas is Star Wars. Everything without his direct involvement just feels like fan-fiction, because that's literally what it all is. Not saying that fan-fiction can't be competently made, but SW comes from someone with a singular, strong vision about what they want to see and make. Star Wars is literally a hodge-podge of George Lucas's personal, life long interests synthesized.

Everything that is made moving forward is just simulacrums of George Lucas's work.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm burnt out in the sense that I don't hold it in particularly high regard anymore

I'll watch new media from it if it comes and looks ok. I watched The Mandalorian and had a good enough time.

I think The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi crystalised for me the core appeal for me is an era that's long gone, in different ways as they were different movies. And that's ok.

To be fair I think my days of being an uber keen SW have been gone for 14 years since ROTS, and that was chock full of problems, so I'm not even sure if I'd class it as burnt out

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still loving Clone Wars and Vader comics so no. Now I don't give two shits about anything in the sequel era however, toss that shit into the sun.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely this. Honestly if they just moved away from the Skywalker story id have a lot more interest. I'm tired of hearing of these same folk, SW is such a big universe and we keep going back to this story.

I agree but even within the Skywalker saga, they could have been more ambitious than what we got. Ugh.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm burnt out on the Skywalker Saga, but I will definitely be excited for any new projects looking to break new ground.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not interested in Disney Star Wars at all. The old movies, shows and games? Sure I'm open to all that. Star Wars is a legacy franchise to me. I knew when Disney acquired it they would milk it dry and the fatigue is already setting in for a lot of other people. Disney is such a terrible company, so I swore off anything new at that point.

Oct 8, 2019
Star Wars itself? No. A small Resistance group fighting a giant Empire made up of Space Nazis ? Yes

I would certainly be interested in what Rian Johnson being free of having been sandwiched between 2 JJ "I have no idea how to make an original space adventure film" Abrams has in terms of original ideas.

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
Kind of. I'm tired of post prequel triology stuff. I'm watching the Clone Wars series and finding this time period much more interesting.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
TROS is the first one I've truly hated and I'm as close to being burned out as I'm likely to get, but I don't think I'll ever really get 100% there. It's in my bones.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
If I pretend the Sequel Era or at least Episode IX didn't happen, I can enjoy Star Wars a lot still.

Episode IX destroys so much investment for me that if I think about it for too long, I feel kind of disgusted at the series.