• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it weird that we consider our organs objects? Like you say shit like my stomach or my brain hurts. My bones ache. My blood. etc. But what are you if you're not these organs? Should we begin referring to organs in a first person fashion

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
What are you? Where does "you" begin and end? Are you the body you inhabit, as a whole? And if so, are you not also an expression of everything you've interacted with and manipulated? Your cells continually replace themselves. You shed skin and hair. You poop. Does your poop, which is part of you, no longer be you once it has been pooped? Is sewage a collection of people, by extension, existing in poop?

You are just an idea formed by neurological activity. Your brain chemistry, the electrical signals, define you. Or the idea of you. And which ones? Is it each of them, individually nothing, still you? Or are they required to work together for an emergent property that is you? But then that emergent you is an ontological abstract, you are still an idea, an emergent property of expression rather than the defined pieces of you. Are you even emergent? If these pieces, these chemicals and signals, are all operating under set Newtonian physics and Quantum probabilities, is there divergence in the emergent you, or is your free will a product of determinism? And if you are a product of determinism, the you is just an idea of you, a set of narrow probabilities, chain reaction set in motion since the very beginning, destined to always exist and be a "you", as is all "yous", and all collectively an expression of false consciousness of the universe reflecting on itself. The you is everything, everything is you, in this moment as an emergent product of the pieces of you, that were always destined to produce exactly you in this specific moment, and destined to reflect on the very idea of "you".

But back to the poop. Are we all not poop?

Personae

Oct 29, 2017
No, I'm not an object. Because an object is simply what appears in front of you and gives you its meaning as it is. I, simply don't throw myself as ob-jetere.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Well... Organs ARE easily replaceable. We have prosthetics for bones/limb replacement. They may or may not work as good as the originals, but we can easily swap them now (like kidneys etc). So saying they aren't objects..... Hmmmm... I dunno they are kinda plug n play.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I am a system made up of modular parts.

I am not a object because I am not acted upon, I am a subject because I act.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
It's just a reflection of one of the universal truths: people will always find a way to blame something else for their own inadequacies, no matter how big of a stretch it is.

"My brain's being stupid right now."

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
What are you? Where does "you" begin and end? Are you the body you inhabit, as a whole? And if so, are you not also an expression of everything you've interacted with and manipulated? Your cells continually replace themselves. You shed skin and hair. You poop. Does your poop, which is part of you, no longer be you once it has been pooped? Is sewage a collection of people, by extension, existing in poop?

You are just an idea formed by neurological activity. Your brain chemistry, the electrical signals, define you. Or the idea of you. And which ones? Is it each of them, individually nothing, still you? Or are they required to work together for an emergent property that is you? But then that emergent you is an ontological abstract, you are still an idea, an emergent property of expression rather than the defined pieces of you. Are you even emergent? If these pieces, these chemicals and signals, are all operating under set Newtonian physics and Quantum probabilities, is there divergence in the emergent you, or is your free will a product of determinism? And if you are a product of determinism, the you is just an idea of you, a set of narrow probabilities, chain reaction set in motion since the very beginning, destined to always exist and be a "you", as is all "yous", and all collectively an expression of false consciousness of the universe reflecting on itself. The you is everything, everything is you, in this moment as an emergent product of the pieces of you, that were always destined to produce exactly you in this specific moment, and destined to reflect on the very idea of "you".

But back to the poop. Are we all not poop?

We are the poop of stars. The Big Bang was a booty blast.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm a ball of meat that pilots a big combination of different meats and my primary biological function is to slam one of those meats inside of someone else's meat to squirt juice into that meat so that it can swim into their assorted meats, thereby developing a special combination of our meats that will then be shoved out of the meat that I had put my meat into.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I feel like the entirety of me is contained in my brain and looks out through the eyeballs and the rest just hangs down.