• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Topics.

• Yes.

Votes: 123 35.7%
  • No.

Votes: 222 64.3%

• Total voters

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
I've been a DBZ fan since I was a kid, I very much prefer the design of it to the colour swaps. But based on power level i'd say ssj god and instinct is stronger. (I know its not super saiyan)

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's the Ultimate Super Saiyan form in GT, which is what the title is referring to.

I much prefer God and Blue.

Power level comparisons between GT and Super are dumb.

Also haven't you done multiple threads like this in the past?

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super Saiyan 4 is just too weird for me because obviously they spent time explaining it, but the thing just makes no sense at all. Because like, Blutz Waves aside, Saiyans achieve SS4 through the Golden Oozaru form. But then, after that, when they actually achieve SS4, the fur is red for some reason. Where's the red fur come from? Why is it not golden? What was the point of the Golden Oozaru stuff (especially with them just winding up going a completely different route with Vegeta anyway). Just way too much of a mess of a form.

Plus, when I think of SS4, all I can think of is the process that lead to Goku ultimately achieving it, which started with this:
n5dex.png

I just can't take anything about it seriously at all.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Super Saiyan 4 is just too weird for me because obviously they spent time explaining it, but the thing just makes no sense at all. Because like, Blutz Waves aside, Saiyans achieve SS4 through the Golden Oozaru form. But then, after that, when they actually achieve SS4, the fur is red for some reason. Where's the red fur come from? Why is it not golden? What was the point of the Golden Oozaru stuff (especially with them just winding up going a completely different route with Vegeta anyway). Just way too much of a mess of a form.

Plus, when I think of SS4, all I can think of is the process that lead to Goku ultimately achieving it, which started with this:

I just can't take anything about it seriously at all.
My biggest issues with SSJ4 are the red fur and that the whole concept was kinda at odds with the way Toriyama went with the story. The Saiyans moved beyond Oozaru and tails, they didn't need them anymore. Super doubled down on this too with U6 Saiyans not having tails and in the Broly movie
Broly has a form that is using the power of Oozaru in his human state with similar design elements to SSJ4 but it's weaker than his SSJ form.
SSJ4 just doesn't feel like something Toriyama would do.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Look guys, I just want to talk about videogames, can you guys respect that I use this forum as an escapism to the outside world where GT exists?

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Saiyans can turn into giant apes

Saiyans can also turn into Super Saiyans

SSJ4 is the combination of both

So yes, definitely

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
doesn't mean Broly can't figure out to use ape power and ssj power at the same time after go train with goku
i consider wrathful is technique than transformation
He transformed into Super Saiyan while in that form and there are parts in the fight were his pupils and Irises show up in SSJ and they are the Fury ones, so he was already doing that the whole time. But instead of being a red monkey man he was just a buff SSJ.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I despise the God forms. It's just their base form with a skinnier build and kawaii eyes. Blue form is just ehh.

SSJ4 is nice concept but the magic clothing bothered me.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
He transformed into Super Saiyan while in that form and there are parts in the fight were his pupils and Irises show up in SSJ and they are the Fury ones, so he was already doing that the whole time. But instead of being a red monkey man he was just a buff SSJ.

Huh ? this make me want to go watch again but i'm still not give up hope.

SSJ4 is nice concept but the magic clothing bothered me.

Blame animators for that.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Not even close the Ultimate form even in Dokkan

eiZkmic.jpg

Paramount > Ultimate

Paramount definition - more important than anything else; supreme.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
doesn't mean Broly can't figure out to use ape power and ssj power at the same time after go train with goku
i consider wrathful is technique than transformation
Look man, I appreciate your admirable crusade in bringing honor to the SSJ4 form as I have no qualms with it myself and don't mind if they continued to explore different Saiyan form routes in Super.

But since we're basing it off names in Dokkan to keep it on a "gaming" topic...

Ultimate Super Saiyan SSJ4 Goku can be argued part of Peerless Gleam Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, therefore still making SSJ4 "Ultimate" right?

Ultimate can be defined as "the best or most extreme of its kind."

The new AGL Gogeta Blue card that just came out in JP Dokkan is named "The Strongest Fusion Above All." This would assume that this is better than SSJ4 Gogeta, therefore SSJ4 is not the ultimate SSJ form. (plus the card is leagues better than both SSJ4 Goku/Gogeta thanks to fun Dokkan powercreep :P)

Also, Stardust Fall and Stardust Breaker are waaaaaaaaaay better than 100x Big Bang Kamehameha.

EDIT: Also the post above. xD

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
While i didn't like GT at all (is the only part of Dragon Ball that i can't bring myself to rewatch), the Super Saiyan 4 form is the only part of it that i remember. So much in fact that it wasn't until Vegito Blue that i actually though there was a better transformation than SSJ4.

I would say to put Goku SSJ4 on DBFZ, but the game already has a lot of Goku's. So put Vegeta or Gogeta SSJ4.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Last edited:

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I don't keep up with the canon... are they canon now? If not then yeah the SSGSS thing or that other instinct thing I guess...

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all. GT is like DBZ+ or something in terms of designs. I like the simpler transformations in super reminiscent of the OG dragonball simplicity.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Yes! It's my favorite Super Saiyan form.
It's at least better than just changing the hair color.
But I prefer SS4 Xeno-Goku. The black pants looks so much better than the yellow ones.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
SSJ3 was already unstable. SSJ4 is a whole another level of disarray.

In these days, power level just doesn't matter, it's only the KI levels that makes the difference. The fights with Kefla and Jiren let that clear.

It's really hard to predict the Ki of the Gods, but from what Whis said one time, is virtually infinite.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I hate how inconsistent ssj4 is.
It looks alright with Goku, but why the fuck does Vegeta have blue eyes?? The blue eyes take away so much from the form.

I also hate how Goku, Vegeta and Gogeta all have different colors.

The magic pants/gloves are also a problem for me, why the fuck did they design it that way??
Ssj4 also needs good clothes to match it, its why Vegeta looks like dogshit in his leather pants and fur body.

Oct 28, 2017
also...what even the fuck is ultra instinct anyway and why is it a form? man super is so dumb...bringing out stupid ass deus ex machinas whenever they want and all...i get being happy db is just back in general, but i dont know why people dont complain more about that shit and then act like GT is the crime of the century

I get what you are saying but didn't they telegraph that shit way before the tournament of power? With the Whis training?

Edit: correcting an auto-correct.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The red/pink fur is a bizarre choice and the eyeliner is wack. If we just had a more ape-like golden form that would be perfect 🤷

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Broly's base form is basically SSJ4? He's able to use full ape power without transforming into it

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I get what you are saying but didn't they telegraph that shit way before the tournament of power? With the Whis training?

Edit: correcting an auto-correct.
iirc UI was mentions when they go train with whis.
but i don't know Goku still want to get that form since it get backlash a lot and can't active at will.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SSJ4 is much more interesting and better looking than those stupid recolors.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not... Really? Even in Dokkan it's not the strongest. SSJ4 is memorable, sure, but it has some bizarre design aspects that just makes it look weird.

Hell, even as far back as Battle of Gods it was basically implied through comparison with Beerus (and SSJ4's own relative power compared to SSJ3) that Super Saiyan God is unfathomably stronger than SSJ4, so... Frankly, Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta have long been surpassed in terms of power levels by now in Super.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Hell, even as far back as Battle of Gods it was basically implied through comparison with Beerus (and SSJ4's own relative power compared to SSJ3) that Super Saiyan God is unfathomably stronger than SSJ4, so... Frankly, Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta have long been surpassed in terms of power levels by now in Super.

Tori/Toyo/DB Room can make SSJ4 strong how much whatever they want in canon/tori timeline like Super Broly
who stomp God Goku,Vegeta and Golden Freezer