• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Each this thread comes up, all the 20-40 year olds come in to proclaim they still look like they are 15.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
I'm 35 looking like 24. Doesn't help that my mannerism reinforces that... I need confidence. How do I increase that score?

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from my hair, I think so? I have less hair on my head and more on my face so that makes me look older, but facial feature wise I don't have any wrinkles or crows feat or anything I didn't have in my early 20s (I'm 29 now)

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
I'm 32, I get confused for early to mid twenties a lot. My hair started going when I was about 19-20 and I started shaving it when I was 22, so I've looked about the same for the last ten years. The beard is going a little gray and I definitely weigh more than I did a few years ago, though the weight is starting to go down slowly. I definitely could eat better than I do and that'd help.

I'm in pretty good health all things considered. No drugs or alcohol is definitely paying off.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I have bad news for you all: people always say a younger age than you look just to be nice. You look 5 years older than they tell you.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I just turned 30 and people are shocked when I tell them how old I am. I look college-aged.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My skin is smooth and still have hair at 27 so I think I still got a few more years. I thought I was going bald back when I was 21 and my hair line hasn't changed since. Also I got like 2 gray hairs that I keep pulling when they come out. I'm overweight so I probably won't last 20 more years

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
I'm 37, and I've aged noticeably in the last 3-4 years. But I look a good 10 years younger than most of my high school classmates. I grew up in Central Florida, and went to a school just minutes from the beach. A great many of my classmates would spend every day after school tanning at the beach, and now they are all wrinkly and weathered. I feel like I look my age whereas they look much older than they actually are. Also, I've been in Japan for the last 13 years, and the healthier lifestyle here I feel has slowed my ageing a bit.

Jun 10, 2018
I'm in mucb better shape now than I was just a few months ago, plus I no longer work a shitty job so the greys have stopped popping up in my hair.

Otherwise I've always looked younger than my age.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I was ageing gracefully and looked pretty good. Then about two and half years ago I started to age rapidly and now look like a stone faced shit.

I wonder what changed?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Luckily since I was a couch potato I have very little sun skin damage.

What most people don't realize is even 20-40 minutes of UV rays poured upon you from getting to your car and commuting to work added up over years has an effect. You can see what the faces of truckers over years of driving in a car look like on one side when exposed to the sun on the same routes.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be 27 next month.

No.

I have chronic back pain, issues with my knees and shoulders, my feet and my hands. It sucks.

Asthetically, ok i guess. couple grey hairs but other than that look fine.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So-so.

I haven't lost my hair or anything like that but my metabolism did take a hit around 28 or so and I have been perfecting
the dad bod look since then.

Still haven't had any serious health issues so far in my life which is nice.

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
48 years old... every single time I go out... and either meet new people or see old friends I am told I look really good. People tell me that I never age... even though I am going grey, I still have a full head of hair...

On Friday, I was told I look like I'm in my low to maybe mid 30's.

When I post pics of myself on Facebook... I get replies that I never age... what is my secret.

I tell everyone... I do push-ups or sit-ups almost every day, I play basketball 2-4 days a week... and I use aloe on my face daily!

So, yes I feel I look better now than I did in my 30's...

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm 35, I've had major shoulder surgery on my left shoulder to reattach my bicep, two major back surgeries including a multi-level spinal fusion, and by the end of June will have missed 12 of the last 18 months of work due to injury/surgery. Both ankles are permanently messed up due to constant sprains and breaks, my left knee randomly doesn't work right due to a dislocation, I have frequent migraines, and unfortunately due to all the injuries and surgeries I've put on some extra weight. Not to mention having autoimmune disease...

Unlike inside, I at least look my age on the outside (mostly due to a smattering of gray hair, otherwise I would look a bit younger than my age).

lake

Oct 27, 2017
People are always surprised to hear I'm around 40 -- estrogen is a helluva drug -- and while I'm doing pretty okay I can definitely track the inter-year differences. I also started noticing a significant uptick in aches and pains over the last decade.

I will say I think I do have a more youthful personality/disposition than some other people my age, which probably affects people's perceptions. Sometimes I look at other xennials and think jesus christ they look old, is that how I come off? (Apparently not.)

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
I'm 30 with a full head of hair. So far beating a lot of people my age or younger in that regard. I have a beard but withour it I look much younger.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
30 and once it starts warming up again I plan on going to the gym on a regular basis. I had a physical a year ago and the physician performing it actually said my blood pressure and other vitals were beyond incredibly well but suggested corrective lenses because I failed the eye exam big time.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I went through a phase 2 years ago where I thought I was going bald. Instead I just thinned fairly heavily and then it just... stopped. So like my hair is thinner but it's not "old person" thinning. I had friends in their 20's that went through it. In my early 30's and aside from that and an occasional white hair in my beard I don't look too old.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
People regularly think I'm 31/32 but I'm 26. Not the worst thing in the world, but I would like to look younger. It's mostly by beard.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Just turned 31, and someone at work thought I had to be turning 25. Most think I'm younger than I am.

I've gained weight and my beard has white in it that's hard to notice. It's been getting more white as I get older and trying to lose some of the weight even though I look "normal" as people say.

I've noticed the crows feet getting more noticeable in pictures and I look like myself just older and slightly fatter.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in my 30s but I look like I'm in my early 20s. I don't stress, drink or smoke at all.

Similar. I'm almost 40 and a non-trad college student and I've never had a peer say they thought I was over 29, and usually get 25. I do drink rarely but only started after 30.

I can't think of anyone I knew from a young age that aged poorly, nor anyone that looks 20...

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to tell. But I'm watching Serial on HBO and I'm a member of the class of 99 and I swear some of these people look much older than me, so I guess I'll say yes.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Eh I look about my age (33) I guess. Had a lot of health complications the last few years but doing somewhat better now. I do have pretty noticeable salt and pepper hair now lol. People comment on it a lot more the last few years. I don't care either way about that though.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I've always had a baby face until recently. Just this week alone two women said I looked like I was in my 30s, I'm 28. I've started moisturizing.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I'm 30 and look around my age.

Looking a lot better than I did a few years ago, but it mostly has to do with the weight loss I went through last year (lost 40 pounds).

Also proud to say I'm not balding, was always afraid of this since it runs in the family quite a bit. Well, yet.

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from dark circles, I think I'm aging okay. Honestly I'm probably not at that point yet.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I think so, but then I'm 31 so I don't know if I can say that at this point. People always assume I'm in my mid 20s. I'm not wrinkling, I'm not balding, I'm not going gray, I'm not gaining any weight, so that's something at least!