• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have push alert notifications enabled for everything because I just love hearing the notification sound and vibration from my phone even if it has nothing to do with me. :/ Replies or quotes it doesn't matter to me as long as it is a notification.

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I like them when they're directed at me, otherwise they can heck off. I even have notifications on for this place.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
nope.

there's probably a direct correlation of getting notifications / wanting to be heard - fact of the matter is you don't need to give your 2 cents on everything, especially stuff you know nothing about.

I will usually only ever post when 1) I have something to contribute or 2) I am trying to find information

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
I have this OCD thing where I HAVE to get rid of them. I dont like that they are there but I know I need them because otherwise I never check my apps for things I want

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have push alert notifications enabled for everything because I just love hearing the notification sound and vibration from my phone even if it has nothing to do with me. :/ Replies or quotes it doesn't want matter to me as long as it is a notification.
TaySan BEEP

Rhete

Oct 27, 2017
I have my phone vibrate a tiny bit when I get a DM on twitter, it always brings me joy

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

source.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's gotten to the point where I see other Era members in real life and steal their phones just to take their notifications

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Whenever I get a notification someone replied to me on reddit or here, I get a pang of deep terror

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
When it's someone actually engaging and not spam? I hardy get the former, even on ResetEra, but it is nice. I imagine I'd be addicted if it happened more often. :P

Oct 29, 2017
Nope. On this website, anytime I get a notification, I have to ask myself, "what stupid ass thing did I say this time?"

Oct 27, 2017
Notifications annoy me. I turn everything off, besides SMS text messages. I don't mind notifications on forums though. I like getting replies on ERA.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I actually hate them and turned them all off. Can't understand why anyone would like them.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Nope. On this website, anytime I get a notification, I have to ask myself, "what stupid ass thing did I say this time?"
Omg classic. Over in the gaming forum there's a thread about Kamiya might be teasing that a Nintendo game could be ported, not only to the Switch, but the PS4 and X1 too. I pretty much said that was ridiculous. My notifications has been blowing up all day. 😂

I have my mail set on push because I need it for work. Every time I hear that chime late at night or on the weekends I'm like "what now?" 🙄

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hell naw. I don't even have discord notifs turned on. I think only email and iMessage notifs.

that's actually really interesting though. I like hearing about the ways people use their phones. I've heard the notification system on Android is vastly more capable and you almost live on the notification panel.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I hate getting notifications for anything other than things I care about, ie messages from loved ones.

I hate when my phone lights up of vibrates and it's done meaningless bullshit I've forgotten to turn off.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
No... half the time I end up ignoring them and end up forgetting to respond if they're texts or a missed call.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
No.

It's nice when something I post gets "likes" or whatever the platform I'm using has.
It's terrifying when I log into this forum and have multiple replies waiting for me.. like oh god what did I say that brought this on?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely not. I mute all notification sounds and when I see the indicator I get stressed out. I want less responsibility not more.

Oct 28, 2017
No, they're annoying as hell. I just want to sit in my study and read when I'm home. I even turn my phone off half the time so nobody can bother me.

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, notifications are addictive. I've been cutting back on what apps can push me notifications. A good rule is to change the notification rules for an app the moment they start to bug you. You can always change it back if you feel you're missing out on important details.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Yes, notifications are addictive. I've been cutting back on what apps can push me notifications. A good rule is to change the notification rules for an app the moment they start to bug you. You can always change it back if you feel you're missing out on important details.
I might have to cut it back on Era to only thread replies and quotes since there is so much activity here lol

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aside from texts, emails and phone calls almost all my notifications are off. I will check things when I am ready or have time for them.

hipsterbodega

Oct 30, 2017
My notifications are mostly turned off. I have a few granular things enabled, but every app and website is naggy as shit now and I hate it.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck no.

Bane of my life, am trying to get rid of it.

Only notifications I have on since the new year are messages from my gf and coworkers (I linked my work email to my own phone so I don't have to keep checking the other phone).

I deleted Twitter on my phone, and don't even have notifications on on this site, and turned off the setting on Whatsapp that even tells people when I was last online cause no one needs to know that shit. I feel likey addiction to checking notifications has reduced cause I check when I want to, not when someone else wants me too.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Nope. On my phone only calls, severe weather emergencies, ring, and ADT are allowed permissions. Fuckkkkkkk anything else having rights to notifications. I disable everything else.

I wish Hiya would prevent blocked calls from a partial ring and then notification.