• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Long?

• Yes. 6 feet or above. Like a noodle.

Votes: 466 48.2%
  • No.

Votes: 336 34.7%
  • I am 5'11 and don't exist according to some people on dating websites.

Votes: 165 17.1%

• Total voters

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
I'm tall and work in retail. Which means I get bugged 15 times a day to grab things on the top shelf.

Last edited:

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
6'2. Had a physiotherapist tell me I had a long torso, which made a lot of sense, since it's always been a real pain in my ass to find shirts that fit right.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Long, and strong, and down to get the friction on.

...I'm actually 5'11", and am therefore presumably a ghost on dating sites. That's okay though, because I'm married.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Pretty short, I'm 5'8 or 5'9. Like I technically count as 5'9 but cmon. Let's be honest, I'm fucking short lol

I used to have a bit of a complex about my height when I started playing competitive sports since height is so important. But then I learned to just win in spite of it and the feeling of having people on opposite teams going "Wait how come that midget is their captain?" is the closest I'll come to living an anime so I'm happy with it, never gets old. Around the time I made varsity it just became a point of pride for me that I could hang with everyone despite the handicap.

Dating wise, was never an issue. And it was never an issue for me self-worth wise either. It was only ever an issue with sports for a bit but I got over it.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm always having to put up stuff for shorter employees so i guess i'm sorta aware of it.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty short, I'm 5'8 or 5'9. Like I technically count as 5'9 but cmon. Let's be honest, I'm fucking short lol

I used to have a bit of a complex about my height when I started playing competitive sports since height is so important. But then I learned to just win in spite of it and the feeling of having people on opposite teams going "Wait how come that midget is their captain?" is the closest I'll come to living an anime so I'm happy with it, never gets old. Around the time I made varsity it just became a point of pride for me that I could hang with everyone despite the handicap.

Dating wise, was never an issue. And it was never an issue for me self-worth wise either. It was only ever an issue with sports for a bit but I got over it.
5'8 isnt short, people are just stupid.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I HATED it in high school. I felt freakish. 6'4"+ and lanky. As an adult I've filled out in both fat and muscle. For the last 25 years I've been thankful for my height where for quiet a few years it effected me negatively.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
5'8 isnt short, people are just stupid.

For sports? I'm super short lol being tall is an advantage and whenever I medal at a tournament I'm consistently shorter at first place on the podium than the people in second and sometimes third haha.

Like I'm a borderline anomaly in sports. In daily life I'm just short instead of like "mega fucking short" but yeah, I do think 5'8 is pretty short tbh. And I'm okay with that. Never really had any trouble dating so assuming height was ever an issue, it for some reason didn't affect me, and sports wise I just learned to love being the underdog. But yeah, pretty short.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I consider myself short (5'7") and I really dislike it especially as I also look really young for my age. Not a good combination in my opinion. It honestly bothers me that I can't do a thing about it.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
If your mom is any authority on the matter (and I have reason to believe she is), then absolutely.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I am 5'8, online I feel so shorty but in the real world, I don't encounter that many people taller than me.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
~15% of men are over 6 feet tall

~50% of this forum is over 6 feet tall

giphy.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MoE85AD.jpg

Man resetera numbers go up an inch every time there's an angle.

dating sites are not ignoring 5' 11 men.

being six feet is obviously a numerical advantage but first time I saw this number it was 5'4"

aint nobody got sympathy for 5'11 outside of a Swedish basketball team

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually 5'11, so I get to have fun with that whenever I say that online or something.

My dad and younger brother are taller than me, though.

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I'm 6 foot with a long torso, which usually means my options for shirts are tents or crop tops.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 5'10. Among my people, I'm average. In america I feel short. Among Dutch coworkers who visit, I feel extremely short