• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry please close if this doesn't deserve a new thread, but its baffling to see how Series X load times are suddenly current gen rather than next gen.

This was a video uploaded by Gamespot on 28th September, and RDR2 loaded the game in 38 seconds:

youtu.be

Xbox Series X Load Time Comparison (RDR2, Control, FFXV)

Here's how the Series X loading times stack up to an Xbox One X. Tested on Red Dead Redemption 2, Control, Outer Worlds, and FFXV. Xbox Series X features fas...

IGN Video showed RDR2 loading in like 25 seconds:

youtu.be

Xbox Series X Game Load Times Compared to Xbox One X

Without any developer work, the Xbox Series X still boasts some impressive improvements and load times for your current Xbox One library of games. So we test...

Gamespot again uploaded video on 6th November, and now RDR2 loads in 1 minute 4 seconds. That is a big increase:

www.youtube.com

PS5 vs Xbox Series X Load Times Comparison

Both the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5 bring a lot of power to the table as we enter the next generation of video game consoles. But the improvement th...

So what is going on here? Some firmware update increased load times? Different units have different load times? I am unable to wrap my head around it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Am I crazy or are the load times the same?

The first vid skips the splash screens while second vid doesnt. The splash screens are like 30 seconds long.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Maybe there were some issues in some BC titles loading that fast so they backed it off a bit.

Edit- Nah it's about the same, they're not loading from the same point.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
whats going on is that both videos start timing loading differently, one does it from game menu, the other does it from console dashboard

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Still that adds only around 7 seconds.

what are you talking about

just take an actual proper look at the videos

xVb5Rta.png

27 sconds to get to the menu mostly because of the splash screens

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the unskippable title screen is like half the time in the second video. I don't think anyone would consider that part of the loading time.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
ahead of our coverage this week, I retested Red Dead 2 on Series X and Series S to make sure my times were still the same as last go-round, and they were, down within a margin of error of about half a second.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
ahead of our coverage this week, I retested Red Dead 2 on Series X and Series S to make sure my times were still the same as last go-round, and they were, down within a margin of error of about half a second.
Thank you for your diligence. Has any testing been done on the XSX + PS5 with a full internal storage (load times, game performance, ui responsiveness etc)?

OP
OP
Why_So_Serious
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you. This clears all my doubts. Also Series S and Series X load times are exactly same right? Is there any difference?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Thank you. This clears all my doubts. Also Series S and Series X load times are exactly same right? Is there any difference?

In my limited testing, I've run into near-identical BC loading times for both. I'm pretty sure there'll be variance in fuller testing, since Series S and Series X are loading games' Xbox One S and Xbox One X versions, respectively. But I haven't seen that yet.

OP
OP
Why_So_Serious
Oct 27, 2017
In my limited testing, I've run into near-identical BC loading times for both. I'm pretty sure there'll be variance in fuller testing, since Series S and Series X are loading games' Xbox One S and Xbox One X versions, respectively. But I haven't seen that yet.
Oh yes, One S versions will have lower quality textures so in some cases Series S might load faster than Series X.

Status
Not open for further replies.