• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
The title says all
PC Gamers, we have a new challenger in the PC market, their store does not offer the same features that we are already used to, but with they infinity money cheat they decided to get almost every big new game as a timed exclusive.

I bought games on GoG, Origin, Uplay and even Rockstar Social Clube, but because their prices were very good, not because I had no other option, so this is not just a "I hate everything that isnt Steam".

I feel that Epic is doing a very anti consumer move, taking our freedom to choose where to buy our games, and I dont like it.
It will be hard? yes, it will, but I won't buy my new games there until they stop, as a matter of principles.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I have no problem with it as long as I get more games and devs feel happy.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
looking down the barrel of the streaming future, where like three companies literally control all media, is far far more harrowing to me than some storefronts sniping at each other

Nov 5, 2017
I feel uneasy. I welcome the competition, but at this stage, with EGS not having essential key features that Steam has had for years and the reliability of the Steam store not being proven with EGS, I am hesitant to jump in.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I must confess they hadn't really been traversing into any territory that bothered me until The Other Worlds, now I'm starting to find it a tad obnoxious and annoying.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I only play on PC when there is a game that isn't coming to console that I really want to play so no real effect on me.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
We are in the darkest timeline for games- it's just that it's "People screaming out the names of Gaming Youtubers before commiting mass murder" and not "I have an extra icon on my desktop I need to click to play my game"

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
The Games Industry is a business, not a charity.

Im assuming people are just discovering this now?

We are in the darkest timeline for games- it's just that it's "People screaming out the names of Gaming Youtubers before commiting mass murder" and not "I have an extra icon on my desktop I need to click to play my game"

This post right here.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
More games than ever are coming out that I want to play, so it's going great. I had zero problems downloading a different launcher to buy Hades. Just like I had zero problems playing Mass Effect 3 on Origin.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Personally don't care about QD games, but happy for those who wanted to play them but didn't want to buy a Playstation to do so.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
A game I could get on one storefront I now have to get on another one. There are two of them now. I have to download and sign up for something one time.

The games are the same price or slightly cheaper.

It just... doesn't feel that dark.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
i can't play muh vidjeyogyemes on my preferred launcher of choice for 1 (one, uno, ein, un) year, this is the end of times i tells ya

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care which PC storefront I buy from. It's dumb that EGS lacks some basic features but it's not exactly going to get me to boycott a game if I want to play it.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EGS offers regional pricing. That alone makes them better than Origin, Uplay, Battle.net, GOG and Rockstars whatever.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2wiz57.jpg

love to see the "master race" enraged.

CAI.gif

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm feeling like an uncomfortable number of publishers and developers are dead to me, now.

c'est la vie, but that's now more than five games I really wanted to play that I am never, ever, ever going to support. Games that I will never put a dime into. Games that I'll never even buy second-hand to enjoy because I might enjoy them enough to talk about them online and expose other people to them.

I'm so bummed about Outer Worlds but oh well. *points directly at Take Two's eyes* FUCK YOU

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I don't really care as long as I can play it on my PC.

I get why you guys are furious though.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
It's pretty worrying. It sucks how complacent the games media has been about this too.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
As I posted elsewhere, I'm sure gamers will take this news with the gentle good humor and equanimity we are known for.

As someone who games on PC and console it doesn't bug me one bit. I understand the EGS has less features than Steam, but I also know it's not going to stay that way long. If I can get a better price on a game I had planned to play on PC there, or if it's exclusive to EGS and I had planned on buying the game on PC, I'll still buy it

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I really couldn't give less of a shit. But I do find it hilarious when people lose their minds over this EGS exclusivity stuff.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
It costs nothing to download the Epic Game Store client, so I don't see what the huge deal is. The barrier to entry is so low.

Nov 5, 2017
I feel uneasy. I welcome the competition, but at this stage, with EGS not having essential key features that Steam has had for years and the reliability of the Steam store not being proven with EGS, I am hesitant to jump in.

Like with Steam, you are guaranteed to be downloading a game at the fastest possible speed that you have subscribed to with ISP, with no drops in packets or the download stopping entirely. Is that guaranteed with EGS? Console gamers know how arduous it is to download games because through the Xbox Marketplace or the PSN store, their download speeds doesn't even come close to their subscribed ISP speed. PC gamers have had the luxury of d/l speed because of Steam's awesome network architecture. We don't know if EGS will give us a similar experience to Steam, or if it will be similar to that of console gamers. Just one example.

Oct 25, 2017
It's just a launcher. The services set their rates. Competition is good for consumers. Don't like it, don't buy it.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Do we really need ANOTHER Epic store thread? This is getting ridiculous. Surely there's something we can talk about lately that doesn't involve

1. Epic Game Store
2. Steam
3. Stadia

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I don't really care where I buy my games and don't mind having to click on one thing as opposed to another thing to launch my games

The way I see it is Steam has rested on it's laurels for years. Thinking nobody could possibly compete, letting any old shite clog up it's store. They did not expect Epic.

May 18, 2018
This is funny (well, you know what I mean) because I had a screenshot of Origin, Steam, UPlay and GoG all being open on the taskbar. We're already there. What's more important is being inspired to kill brown people because some yelling nazi "gamer" said they were taking your jobs or some shit.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Someone literally murdered 50 Muslims while promoting a gaming YouTuber. So yea.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's really obnoxious. Instead of creating a platform that people want, Epic is forcing people to use it. Nothing that they've brought to the table so far has been good for me as a consumer and judging by their attitude, it's going to stay that way.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't personally care, I use none of the features on Steam (friends list, achievements, etc) so it's literally just a storefront to buy games. Same as EPIC, or UPlay, or Origin, or Oculus, or Twitch. They all sit neatly in the system tray on my desktop and are barely even opened as anything I am playing just has an icon on my desktop that I click to start the game.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I honestly dont give a shit.As long as the store works fine, im good. Don't acre about games being in one place, theres literally nothing holding me too steam.

Steam, Origin, UPlay, Battelnet, and epic game store all run great for me

Windows store can absolutely die in a fire though. An absolutely awful store.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
Competition is good,
Moneyhatting is an industry norm.

Customers are the winners at the end, let them fight over winning us.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
There is enough threads discussing this, please direct discussion to one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.