• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also if 2023 counts
Darkest_Dungeon_II_cover_art.jpg

What do you mean "2023"? I thought it was coming out of early access later this year.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Last edited:

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
How is Triangle Strategy in the pantheon of tactical isometric JRPGs? I'm debating picking it up sometime.

I'm about halfway through the first playthrough and it feels like a decent successor to Tactics Ogre, with the large parties & branching storylines. Better gameplay than TO, but the story hasn't been as interesting.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also Wartales just got a big update if you're into Battle Brothers-like games. I liked what I played of it late last year and it seems to be progressing pretty well in EA.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1527950/Wartales/?curator_clanid=4777282&utm_source=SteamDB

Yeah, Wartales feels heavily inspired by Battle Brothers (a good thing!) - quite enjoyed what I played of the first region earlier this year, and based on the community updates, the game has a lot of promise.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Not really although I liked the Arenas. I also got it just after I got the last companion. With the DLC you can opt to have the last companion be a Gladiator instead of a Princeps. So i wasn't able to have a Gladiator companion but I could recruit them. Turns out it didn't matter because the class wasn't that great. Other than the new class and some new items, the content addition is an Arena in each zone. Three total. You fight a few battles then a boss. You get some loot and money. The fights were fun, but not much in the way of content. You can also just play the arenas with characters that you create starting at level 5. I didn't bother with them.

Oh, so you can't even just add the Gladiator until you get the last class and you have to replace the existing one? Yeah, not a fan of that. But if the Gladiator isn't that great, then I guess it's not too big of a deal. Doesn't sound like it's worth the $10, though. Thanks for the info.

But everything I am hearing about Expeditions: Rome sounds like a great game and now want to get to it eventually. I still need to play Triangle Strategy. lol

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, so you can't even just add the Gladiator until you get the last class and you have to replace the existing one? Yeah, not a fan of that. But if the Gladiator isn't that great, then I guess it's not too big of a deal. Doesn't sound like it's worth the $10, though. Thanks for the info.

But everything I am hearing about Expeditions: Rome sounds like a great game and now want to get to it eventually. I still need to play Triangle Strategy. lol

Well you can also make your MC a Gladiator too, but I wouldn't do that. The game was much more fun that I expected. Highly recommended.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
To make y'all feel bad, look at how stupid good the upcoming Fullmetal Alchemist Mobile looks visually:

View: https://youtu.be/7WHqywiYJjc?t=78

I miss these sorts of SRPG spinoffs on consoles and handhelds something fierce. Unfortunately, I can't really stand the compromises to gameplay and story pacing being on phones requires, so blagh.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
medyej

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
To make y'all feel bad, look at how stupid good the upcoming Fullmetal Alchemist Mobile looks visually:

I miss these sorts of SRPG spinoffs on consoles and handhelds something fierce. Unfortunately, I can't really stand the compromises to gameplay and story pacing being on phones requires, so blagh.

Damn this looks awesome. Too bad it's only phones!

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
really enjoying fae tactics, has some good depth to it that I didn't expect. Also I def much prefer individual turn orders

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I blame bamco for digimon survive coming out and being great and only a small handful of people in here recognize it.

Carlquincy

Jul 25, 2022
For mobile/gacha side, check out games made by Zlong. They are making pretty decent srpgs.

- Langrisser M
- Kalpa of the Universe (Chinese only)

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
For mobile/gacha side, check out games made by Zlong. They are making pretty decent srpgs.

- Langrisser M
- Kalpa of the Universe (Chinese only)
Iirc, they're behind the upcoming Front Mission mobile game too:

www.gematsu.com

FRONT MISSION 2089: Borderscape announced for iOS, Android [Update]

Publisher Square Enix and developer BlackJack Studio have announced FRONT MISSION 2089: Borderscape for iOS and Android. Pre-registration is available now via the game’s official website. A r…

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCDeF9B6rN0

View: https://youtu.be/WIHvtsCixXw?t=33

Or well, I've seen them mentioned as the developer of Langrisser Mobile (BlackJack Studio).

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
A modern Front Mission.... mobile game. End me quickly please I can't take this pain.

There's also that Front Mission 1st remake coming out (and 2 is planned to be remade as well) to scratch the itch for a while, but yeah, I'd like something new as well. Or just full-blown remake all of them after 1 and 2.

Not gonna lie though, that gatcha game looks good enough I might play it a bit if the campaign is decent.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I blame bamco for digimon survive coming out and being great and only a small handful of people in here recognize it.

I was super interested until I learned it's like 70% visual novel. Not my style of game unfortunately.

Backed on kickstarter and very ready for it.

Carlquincy

Jul 25, 2022

www.gematsu.com

Publisher Square Enix and developer BlackJack Studio have announced FRONT MISSION 2089: Borderscape for iOS and Android. Pre-registration is available now via the game’s official website. A r…

Or well, I've seen them mentioned as the developer of Langrisser Mobile (BlackJack Studio).

Langrisser M is pretty neat from what bit I played.
Think this is their new global game, ArcheLand.

【黑杰克战棋新作】《Archeland》实机战斗画面

简介:官方目前尚未发布游戏视频,此视频是使用韩国Naver网站公布;更多实用攻略教学,爆笑沙雕集锦,你所不知道的游戏知识,热门游戏视频7*24小时持续更新,尽在哔哩哔哩bilibili 视频播放量 24176、弹幕量 14、点赞数 74、投硬币枚数 15、收藏人数 80、转发人数 258, 视频作者 Driger1024, 作者简介 The Ring of...

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017

www.gematsu.com

That looks surprisingly good.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
There's also that Front Mission 1st remake coming out (and 2 is planned to be remade as well) to scratch the itch for a while, but yeah, I'd like something new as well. Or just full-blown remake all of them after 1 and 2.

Not gonna lie though, that gatcha game looks good enough I might play it a bit if the campaign is decent.
If those FM remakes go multiplatform I'll be happy. I'm just not in position to buy a Switch for a few games at this time, especially not with a new Nintendo hardware looming.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
Metal Slug Tactics is getting criminally overlooked just because it is tied to a niche franchise.

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Slug is niche, but I think the game is overlooked because we don't know almost nothing, and the last update was a long time ago.

Yeah, a hype reveal light on details and then absolutely nothing, on top of an optimistic release window. The art is amazing but hard to say anything else at all about the game.

If those FM remakes go multiplatform I'll be happy. I'm just not in position to buy a Switch for a few games at this time, especially not with a new Nintendo hardware looming.

SE basically doesn't do pure exclusives anymore, so I wouldn't worry. A 6-12 month exclusivity at worst, but even that is very unlikely.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
wait what where was this mentioned?
store.steampowered.com

Metal Slug Tactics on Steam

METAL SLUG is back with a brand new entry in the METAL SLUG universe. Discover a new side of the emblematic run'n'gun and jump into a dynamic tactical RPG with roguelike elements!

METAL SLUG is back with a brand new entry in the METAL SLUG universe. Discover a new side of the emblematic run'n'gun and jump into a dynamic tactical RPG with roguelike elements! Super fun and lighthearted, Metal Slug Tactics takes what makes METAL SLUG so special and unique and brings it to the tactical genre!

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017

Were not fools we all know why this is on Mobile only and it's the same reason why I have a blanket ban on mobile games for me regardless of how good a game looks.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Feels weird not seeing Digimon Survive on the OP.

I always loved Metal Slug's pixelart, so I really look forward to that one. Specially now that all of the big studios have moved to 3D or HD 2D assets.

gilko79

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
My favorite genre of games. Tactics Ogre Reborn and Metal Slug Tactics are both super high on my wanted list right now.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Just got the email it's out on steam. Looking forward to impressions or reviews! Deep into Xenoblade but looking forward to playing it afterwards if it ends up being good.
I liked the demo a lot, so I just picked up. I'll try to play it this weekend.

Does it have a fixed or custom protagonist?
The demo had a fixed roster of characters, but you can custom their equipment and the usual RPG stuff.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Expeditions Rome is coming to Gamepass if you have it. Absolutely fantastic game.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I saw Hard West 2 came out. Has anyone tried it yet?

There were some reviews linked in post #191, it sounds pretty good! I'm looking forward to checking it out after XC3... If I ever get through it.

Love the style of this, reminds me of GBA style sprites. Interesting that it says it's a roguelite too! Invisible Inc really nailed mixing roguelite and strategy/tactics for me so I'm open to that ideal.

Yess I love the art, GBA is a really good comparison.