• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
So this Sony event today is looking like it's going to be pretty amazing. Are we expecting anything from Nintendo this week to add some hype of their own? Seeing as this is what normally would be E3 week, i think some Mario or Metroid announcements would certainly do the trick!

Any word?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Smash next week maybe but as far as first party game announcements, doubtful of anything pre-July.

HouseAR

May 17, 2020
They are just selling too many copies of animal crossing to care about new announcements.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
They are just selling too many copies of animal crossing to care about new announcements.
And consoles as well, I think Reggie said that big announcements always push consoles off the shelves. Since consoles can´t stay on the shelves, why would they announce anything? They are probably waiting for demand to calm down to get back up with a flurry of announcement. Which sucks for us, but they are doing great,

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
No. I expect nothing this month from Nintendo except for Smash and Pokémon.

At least it looks like we'll be getting a few Switch announcements from third parties.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
We were, and then Nintendo couldn't even be bothered to give us the Smash character that we would have gotten this week if things were normal.

It's safest to expect jack shit from them at all times for the foreseeable future.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
They'll show the ARMS character, which will face massive backlash due to it not being Twintelle, and then we'll hear nothing until late August.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
ARMS character during the Sony Presentation with announcement of Smash to PS4, that's why it's now 2 hours long.

Being serious though, I expect next week for ARMS.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You got your announcement today on Twitter.

Hope you like Paper Mario gameplay!

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Just smash next week and "something" on July before Paper Mario release. I won't expect a direct until September at earliest.

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
Absolutely not. Let the Internet go into a frenzy over Playstation, bathe in Animal Crossing money and sort everything out with Covid. Then come back in July/August with twitter announcements as well as a BIG fall direct with Zelda.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Hot Girl was telling the truth but you don't know is that Hot Girl is tweeting from a different timeline where there is no COVID, no Trump, and the world is at peace.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
tenor.gif

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
Unlikely. Maybe something next week? There are those rumours of a Pikmin 3 port for this year, so it could be announced sooner than later. At this point, I'd think it's more likely they announce something related to the mario lego set, or the theme park, or even the mario movie

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Maybe within the next week or so with the Smash character, but not this week.

They'll show the ARMS character, which will face massive backlash due to it not being Twintelle, and then we'll hear nothing until late August.
If it's not Twintelle but rather Min Min, the backlash wouldn't be anywhere near that bad (she's plenty popular already). If it's Spring Man, yeah, there will probably be backlash.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll see Pokemon DLC next week, hopefully Smash as well.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe another Pokemon trailer because the DLC releases next week, but it seems unlikely at this point.