• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I think I have just noticed something important: the best video-games are the ones that glow. Consider the Wii - the disc slot glowed a very nice blue color. It was a cool but also comfortable glow that everyone enjoyed. The Wii was Nintendo's best system.

The PS4 takes things a step further and things start to get really interesting here I think. The controller glows all the time with the lightbar! It's fun to watch it change colors and especially when you're playing in a dark room it casts a glow all over. The PS4 is Sony's most successful system ever and won the gen by a landslide.

Can you think of any other games that glow? What is your favorite part about the way the Wii and PS4 glow?

hqdefault.jpg

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I think most people find the DS4 glow to be pretty annoying. Also, calling the Wii Nintendo's best system... I'll give it to you that the system had a cool look and I did like the blue glow. It's not the best Nintendo system though.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be honest I don't like DS4 glow because it can reflect on the TV. I love the console bar though. I wish you could set the color or atleast have it blue and not plain white...

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
i always play in the dark so i remember when i first bought the Xbox One and had to put a tape in the controller logo button because the white light was very strong and unlike the dualshock's lightbar, on the xbox controller is directly in our face.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Wii blue glow was so cool. I remember how angry I was whenever I found out the light didn't stay on while playing games. I used to text my friend to tell him to send me a message on Wii so I could have the blue glow just for ambience in my room.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
The Wii glow was exciting and warm at first but then you realised all of the notifications were pointless because nobody used the messaging system anymore past the first few months so it was just lame game related news.

The PS4 controller glow was an annoying and pointless waste of battery day one.

What about lightsabres. Those are in some games and are fun to see glow

OP
OP
Shining Star

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I was woken up once by my Wii glowing, telling me it had an update or whatever. Hard powered it off after using it from then on!

Haha that is too bad, but I think it would not be a bad way to wake up.

The Wii glow was exciting and warm at first but then you realised all of the notifications were pointless because nobody used the messaging system anymore past the first few months so it was just lame game related news.

The PS4 controller glow was an annoying and pointless waste of battery day one.

What about lightsabres. Those are in some games and are fun to see glow

Did you play the new Star Wars game? It's cool that you can make your lightsaber any color. Mine was yellow.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Uh, the PS4 is not Sony's most successful console. That title belongs to the PS2 as of right now and likely for a long time if not always.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. Games with waterfalls that have secret pathways behind the waterfalls (that you can explore) are the best ones. It's scientifically proven.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Which video games glow in the dark? No examples were provided other than a console that glowed, but which games glow?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was going to be a thread about neon in games, so I had this all ready

d44d9eade35117c492a09c17f2b3a427.gif

[Infamous: First Light]

Personally not a fan of the lightbar - no functionality, drains the battery and creates a glare on certain TV screens that's distracting.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
I put electric tape over all that shit because it's needlessly distracting.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I liked the Wii's glowing disk slot, it looked really slick without going over the top.

The DS4 is way too bright though, I can't leave it charging at night because of it. It's also kind of distracting if I'm playing in the dark.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the Wii's glowing disk slot, it looked really slick without going over the top.

The DS4 is way too bright though, I can't leave it charging at night because of it. It's also kind of distracting if I'm playing in the dark.

I have to ask. You have dimmed the brightness from the settings right?