• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think. Chose CAREFULLY

• Thanks I hate it

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Dude these things look sick wtf

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • Not as good looking as my copy of Thor 2: Dark World on DVD

Votes: 47 22.9%

• Total voters

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As in the next nightmare fuel inducing collectibles that people buy like Funko? I really don't know what to think really but...why?

Crash Banditoot
crash-bandicoot-crash-gs-800x1000-01_800x.progressive.jpg

Shaxx
destiny-lord-shaxx-gs-800x1000-01_800x.progressive.jpg

Street Fighter
tubbz-street-fighter-bundle-gs-02_e06bb337-917b-4083-b093-92b1c610f206_800x.progressive.jpg

There are plenty more to laugh at here

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
They're not as horrific as funkos. The street fighters one are even "ok" save for the veiny arms ryu one

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's some thing about rubber ducking where you're supposed to buy a rubber duck for your desk, and whenever you have a difficult problem that you're working on, then you explain it to the duck, and somehow the act of explaining it to the duck triggers some shit in your brain to make things click with you.

Anyway, I can see these cornering that market, at least.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
These and Funkos just seem like shittier versions of Nendoroids to me.

kimetsu-no-yaiba-kamado-tanjirou-nendoroid-good-smile-company-pre-order.jpg

It helps when they're 1/4 the cost, even though I agree that things like Nendos look so much better.

Shockingly I don't hate these ducks though, people I work with collect different rubber ducks so this is neat to see I guess though I have no desire to get any.

Deleted member 55568

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I thought they were cute when I first started looking at them, but I was already tired of the gimmick before I got to the bottom of that store page.

More plastic garbage to end up in landfills and the ocean.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
the eyes have highlights which automatically makes them better than funko pops

it's very silly they don't really float well in water though

Deleted member 4262

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they actually look worse than Funko pops! Impressive.

More worthless plastic garbage is just what we need.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who caused chaos once by bringing 500 rubber ducks to a convention once and handed out the ducks to 500 different people. Thus the panels became a room full of endless squeaking.

I have no problem with this.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate the idea of plastering IP onto rubber ducks

But on the other hand, that Ryu one is fucking dope

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Are these like regular rubber ducks but gaming themed? The stand and all makes me think they're just collectibles.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
the ducks are fine, funko pops are very bad

please do not invoke post malone

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
They're like, a hundred times more expressive than Funkos.

At the same time they're rubber duckies. Who's gonna want to display those? Unless you run, like, a state faire shooting gallery.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like POPs are done, and these are too late to the party.

I'm seeing a lot of Funko's in charity shops and second hand shops here in the UK.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
They're not as bad as Funkos, but they should still join Funkos in being melted down and fashioned into some sort for shiv in order to murder whoever invented Funkos.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Collectible makers are running out of ideas. These are actually somehow worse than Funkos.

I'd rather save for something nice than have 10 tacky novelty collectibles.

Toadsanime

Nov 13, 2017
Canary Wharf/Hertford, UK
Are these like regular rubber ducks but gaming themed? The stand and all makes me think they're just collectibles.
Numskull's PR manager 'ere, was a pleasant surprise to see this thread on my game news column!

They're intended as collectibles first and foremost, primarily at young adults, rather than bath toys for children. As such, they're not actually made of rubber and may not float - they come in little tub display stands for you to collect and display in.

Got a bunch on my desk right now and they're honestly really high quality and awesome! (I mean, I would say that, but as someone that legitimately has cabinets full of merch, I do really like 'em!)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I did just look into the current funko library and nothing they ever make will possibly be bad as this:

57khdTh.png

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Why are western collectibles like Funko or these stupid duck things so fucking shitty? Japan is way better!
Japanese collectibles are also like 5 times the price. Different markets, fam.

I think these Duck things absolutely rule. I don't like Funko Pops at all but at least these have a "gimmick" that I really appreciate.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Numskull's PR manager 'ere, was a pleasant surprise to see this thread on my game news column!

They're intended as collectibles first and foremost, primarily at young adults, rather than bath toys for children. As such, they're not actually made of rubber and may not float - they come in little tub display stands for you to collect and display in.

Got a bunch on my desk right now and they're honestly really high quality and awesome! (I mean, I would say that, but as someone that legitimately has cabinets full of merch, I do really like 'em!)
Thanks for the answer!
Shame though, I always keep a duck or two in the jacuzzi and would've loved one of these.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I really like these. Sidesteps the funko thing with the dead, souless eyes because they are ducks. 🦆