• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Rex Kramer in Airplane! Played by Robert Stack.

OnqVnEj.gif

Technically he's not a bad guy, but both him and Striker antagonise each other and it's funny as hell.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's only in one or two scenes I think, but the song Matt Damon sings in Eurotrip steals the entire movie.

Matt-Damon.jpg

Side note: don't watch Eurotrip. It doesn't hold up. At all.

Oct 29, 2017
My vote goes to Shooter as well. Twenty-five years on and he is probably now the most memorable part of the movie for a lot of people. My coworker and I just tossed out some primo quotes only yesterday.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
While they themselves aren't necessarily funny, they are antagonists from comedies, and I would definitely classify them as memorable:

walter-peck_400x400.jpg

AKA
avatars-000023413661-qnhyh5-t240x240.jpg

6a00d83452033569e201116900f9d1970c-600wi

Though I would ague that, situationally, Gozer the Gozarian finding itself manifested into the body of a 100-foot marshmallow man is definitely funny and obviously played for comedy.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
How y'all gonna forget the progenitor to White Goodman from Dodgeball?

I give you…Tony Perkis from Heavyweights:

images

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
While they themselves aren't necessarily funny, they are antagonists from comedies, and I would definitely classify them as memorable:

Though I would ague that, situationally, Gozer the Gozarian finding itself manifested into the body of a 100-foot marshmallow man is definitely funny and obviously played for comedy.

Yanosh fits the most out of these, he appears throughout the story and is genuinely funny. Gozer is *weird* and the Stay Puft Man is a good gag but neither are characters. EPA Guy also barely appears.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Yanosh fits the most out of these, he appears throughout the story and is genuinely funny. Gozer is *weird* and the Stay Puft Man is a good gag but neither are characters. EPA Guy also barely appears.
Walter Peck runs throughout the movie and is the reason the cross rip even happens in the first place. Gozer is the Big Bad of Ghostbusters but its coming only happens because of the constant meddling and harassment from Peck. I've always thought he was funny but on reflection it's kinda he's more the catalyst for other's jokes instead of actually being funny himself. Hmmmmm

You're right that Gozer & Vigo only really actually show up at the end with next to zero characterization, though, so yeah they don't fit the equation very well. I was mainly going off just "memorable villains from comedy movies" which they tick the boxes of, but yeah they just don't actually do much outside of show up at the end to fuck everything up lol.

Yanosh definitely fits the best for sure. The others are like the buzzing of flies to him!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
UU1vbqF.jpg

Phoenix Buchanan from Paddington 2.

I think there's probably a decent argument that it's the best performance Hugh Grant has ever done.

Dec 30, 2020
brain-donors-6.png

The Great Volare (I knew him back when he was The Pretty Good Volare) from Brain Donors.

latest

The Mouse from Mouse Hunt.

marx-brothers-a-night-in-casablanca_02-dvdbash.jpg

Sig Ruman as Heinrich Stubbel in A Night in Casablanca. Sig is noteable because he actually played comedy antagonist to the Marx Brothers in several films, including A Day at the Races and A Night at the Opera.