• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alfman

Oct 27, 2017
The first UNS was crap imo, 2 and 3 are really an improvement! For me the best arena fighter. Haven't played 4 yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
no.

this is.
4m5iM.jpg

This.

I wish Nintendo could get the license one last time.

I just want one last game in the Jump Stars series.

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
Jump Ultimate Stars and Tenkaichi 2 would like a word with you. That said, if I were a giant Naruto fan, the Storm games would probably take that place. They look absolutely gorgeous.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No. The PS2 Ultimate Ninja games are. More specifically, 3 and 5 (4 is the KOF12 of the series). I'd do horrendous things for remasters. The lengths I'd go to for a throwback reboot/sequel are even more unspeakable.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Nah they suck besides the visuals. The 2d fighter ones were much better.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
Naruto Clash of Ninja/Gekitou Ninja Taisen are better games, imo. Especially Naruto GNT4 on Gamecube.

I guess if all you're looking for to have the "pinnacle" of licensed anime games is just a beautiful recreation of the anime + large character roster with little gameplay substance then sure Storm games probably are the pinnacle (some would argue DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 or 3)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The story mode is something most FighterZ fans would tell you sucks ass lol. It was good at first, but drags on for far too long.
Is there an option to auto-advance dialogue in FighterZ's story mode yet? Having to press a button every time I want to advance the slow-ass cutscenes is the reason I haven't finished it yet. Sure, I could just mash through it, but I kinda care about what's happening.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Jump Ultimate Stars was just incredible.

Really loved the manga panel system as well. It was so ambitious and unique that hasnt been replicated since.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Depends on what you want out of an anime game.

In terms of replicating all the moments of the anime/manga and playing as all the characters? Sure, the UNS series is probably the best along with the Tenkaichi/Xenoverse games.

In terms of actually being good game? Nope

In terms of being a good fighting game? Nope, the GNT and Narutimate series were better Naruto fighting games. Fighterz reigns above them all though.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that is exactly what I hope for in an adaption of an anime like Naruto, give me the insane fights with alle the flashiness.. While I liked Kakarot, I was super let down by the fact that the main Bossfights were mostly normal fights. A huge downgrade on that front for the developer. I still wish for a Dragonball game in the vein of UNS....

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Presentation-wise, yes they're amazing, up there with FighterZ.

Combat-wise, they're too damn shallow. We need a deeper Naruto game.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Allow me to present a case for

qqAPpkj.jpg

Specifically the Wii version

-Exhaustive character list of every major character without having to get too esoteric (Tenkaichi 3 went too far to the point that it included background extras as playable characters)
-YOU DO THE KAMEHAMEHA MOTION WITH THE WIIMOTE AND YOU DO A KAMEHAMEHA IN GAME
-An insanely comprehensive story mode that covered pretty much the entire story of Dragon Ball Z, most of the movies up to that point, most of GT, and even some of Dragon Ball.
-An insanely extensive arcade mode with different ladders to give you a lot of different groups of enemies to play through
-Seriously, the motion/pointer controls of the Wii version were so good this game was low key an early game that actually genuinely showed off in a really good way what the Wii could do
-RPG mechanics to customize characters for the story mode
-Despite being an anime arena fighter, it actually managed to balance complexity with accessibility. Was probably the first DBZ game to actually really full on get the feel of a Dragon Ball fight down right
-All the moves look like the right moves
-You can play as Mr Satan and his moveset in the game is priceless

My biggest issue with the Budokai Tenkaichi games is how budget everything looks compared to the original Budokai games. Not to mention a LOT of the characters felt too samey in how they played. If it weren't for that, I'd say Tenkaichi 3 would be one of the best anime licensed games out there.

As it stands, I found the OG Budokai series better overall.

Scooby-doo is anime?

Yeah.

271.jpg

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I've not played it but DBZF? probably competes.

Also how is the attack on titan games?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
They not nailed the naruto vs sasuke dynamic three games in a row, (2,3,4). They straight up did it better than the source material. Three games in a row.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They're literally the best way to experience Naruto. It's a shame CC2 got stuck with DBZ as a follow-up instead of a series they could get creative with.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What we need is a Bastard!! game by CC2 (or Arksys, for that matter). I wish Hagiwara would get his bearded bum into gear and get the series back into people's minds again.